Concealed Carry & The Wife's Girlfriends

Put a lanyard on the gun in the holster purse with the other end on her arm. When the purse is snatched it will leave the gun in hand.:yes2:

I was right it was in AHG ( American Hand Gunner) And John Conner did write it. But i was wrong on the name of the company. The hand bag in the Mag is made by Hoffner's Holsters for about 95 dollars. Glock you will also be happy to know i think i found the Jacket i have been searching for it was also on the same review page of AHG. It's a Bullet50 concealed carry Ambush Jacket made for LEO/CCW holders.

Link Removed

http://bullet50store.com/images/view.aspx?productId=1
http://bullet50store.com/images/view.aspx?productId=1&index=1
And at 150 it does not wipe you out..

The Ambush Jacket

I can have a sweatshirt on under it as well if it gets to cold.

Congratulations on getting your wife to carry! Here's some sites for concealment purses:

Link Removed

Jagwear Gun Purse and Conceal Carry Handbag Conceal Carry

Concealed Carry Purse

Do you know them? Do you have any of there gear? I need to know if Rays makes nice stuff and not total crap. I ask because i called them today after going to there site and finding a handbag she liked and hoping it would fit a full size M&P. The lady i talked to said yes this one i wanted would fit that and had a Velcro holster in side and had a locking zipper. Link Removed It's about 50 dollars so if any one has any of there gear let me know.

I have a concealed carry purse that I use occasionally. My gun would not stay in the generic holster it came with, so I had to replace it with a pocket holster specifically designed for my pistol (glued industrial velcro to the sides of it so it stays in place in the purse compartment). Draw time from the purse holster is pathetically slow--especially if you have the locking zipper locked. But if she'll carry that way and no other, at least it's a start.
I like my smart carry holster better. Gun holsters concealed by SmartCarry concealed holsters It wraps around the hips and keeps the gun right in front, nice and low--mine sits under the waistband of most pants I have (grip and all), but my gun's not as big as a M&P. Doesn't require wearing a belt, doesn't mess with the waistline, very concealed. Not sure how a full size M&P would fit, but you might look at the smartcarry also if she decides to carry on body.

Do you know them? Do you have any of there gear? I need to know if Rays makes nice stuff and not total crap. I ask because i called them today after going to there site and finding a handbag she liked and hoping it would fit a full size M&P. The lady i talked to said yes this one i wanted would fit that and had a Velcro holster in side and had a locking zipper. Link Removed It's about 50 dollars so if any one has any of there gear let me know.

Looks like something you would find being sold by "Cheaper Than Dirt". I'd go with the old "You get what you pay for" saying. Follow my train of thought. A quality holster will cost between $30 - $70 or so right? Let's say a "good" holster is in this bag, and runs $30. That would mean that the bag is only $20? I'm thinking that anything less than $100 will be a piece of junk. You want a holster in the bag that will keep it's shape to facilitate re-holstering. The cheap nylon holsters don't cut it. If you can't afford spending $100 - $200 at the moment, save up for a couple of months. If the bag is a POS, she may not be able to access her gun when the SHTF. :eek: Do you really want to be shaking your head one day kicking yourself because you skimped on a quality product and she wasn't able to draw her firearm?

gf

Well they said it would take a week.So i am thinking it's already made. I think i may go with the one from AHG. It's not that i can't drop that on it. It's that i do not want to as i said before she has not yet made up her mind this is for her. So to drop that on a handbag made for concealed carry is a waste of money. As it's nothing i would use. With the M&P i just get it repainted and i have two guns. I made her read the (Should i Carry in my purse) today she liked it. I will look into smart carry.

Well they said it would take a week.So i am thinking it's already made. I think i may go with the one from AHG. It's not that i can't drop that on it. It's that i do not want to as i said before she has not yet made up her mind this is for her. So to drop that on a handbag made for concealed carry is a waste of money. As it's nothing i would use. With the M&P i just get it repainted and i have two guns. I made her read the (Should i Carry in my purse) today she liked it. I will look into smart carry.

A lot of ladies (and guys) like smart carry. Many women don't wear clothing that uses a belt, so the "smart carry" is a good option. Carrying on the person is a lot more tactically sound than a handbag, fanny bag, etc. I used to carry in a fanny bag, but ditched the idea once I was comfortable carrying. Part of my decision move on an carry on person was walking around PRHI (where citizens aren't issued CC permits), and "making" various off-duty LEO. I don't care what model of CC fanny bag or purse the LEO carry, it's fairly easy to "make" them. Being that I like to have the element of surprise on my side, I decided to carry IWB,SOB and Ankle (not here in PRHI, only where I'm legally allowed to do so!).

gf

Y'know, there's always fabric paint. If there is something she likes but it's not pink then one of you can go to the local craft store and get some of that paint. You can even paint on some designs. Charlie's Angels comes to mind. :lol:

+1 for Smart Carry. At 5'11", 220, I can conceal a full size 45 in jeans and a tucked shirt, and draw time is faster than from a fanny pack. (As close as I've been to drawing from a purse):haha:

Y'know, there's always fabric paint. If there is something she likes but it's not pink then one of you can go to the local craft store and get some of that paint. You can even paint on some designs. Charlie's Angels comes to mind. :lol:

LOL, love it Now that's funny. Over on the M&P forums they told the gun smith who made the gun for his wife. He should pimp it out with a Bedazzler. I love all the feedback i am getting ( Really love it from the Female users) that always help to get feedback from you. I am not going to push it for now, Step one is getting her to carry. Then when she is use to carrying i will push it more and more a little at a time. If i keep pushing it now i think she may just walk away all together. I still have to get her a cheap holster ( Because don't you have to have one for the NRA class's?) Or can she draw from her handbag? I got a e-mail back from Hoffners tactical he said this one will fit the M&P and it comes with a holster. It's up there with your 100 dollars (GLOCK) lol so i am thinking it's a good one. On top of that it's the same one Reviewed in American Hand Gunner by John Conner. So i know it's good. On top of that 95% of the time when she is carrying we will be together and i carry in a holster (OWB, For now) so i just have to worry about her the other 5%. Glock check that over let me know what you think ( see if they pass the GLOCK test LOL)

Link Removed

I got a e-mail back from Hoffners tactical he said this one will fit the M&P and it comes with a holster. It's up there with your 100 dollars (GLOCK) lol so i am thinking it's a good one. On top of that it's the same one Reviewed in American Hand Gunner by John Conner. So i know it's good. On top of that 95% of the time when she is carrying we will be together and i carry in a holster (OWB, For now) so i just have to worry about her the other 5%. Glock check that over let me know what you think ( see if they pass the GLOCK test LOL)

Link Removed

Look at it this way, if you were to start her off with a cheap holster, and it fails to perform well, she may be turned against carrying because THAT method is a hassle. If you get a better purse, and she doesn't have to fight the holster, she may find she likes being able to protect herself, and ask for her own holster(s).

Well when i said cheep what i meant was not a custom made one. Just a plastic holster or a black hawk one for 20 dollars. When/if she gets into it more i will get her a good holster. But for now i am getting her the handbag.

I've got a great excuse for the two of you to come to PRHI. Both of you can come here and take one of the many NRA classes that I either teach myself or within the network of instructors here.

All kidding aside, depending on what NRA class she's taking, a holster may or may not be necessary. A good way to get her started is for her to carry around the house. With all of the home invasions happening around the country, what better way to improve your odds of surviving such an attack.

I checked out the link in your previous post. Not sure what purse you were talking about, but what I saw looked like the photo from an earlier post. Most reputable merchants have some type of return policy. Check it out and see how everything works. If it doesn't work as well as you would like it to, you should be able to send it back for some type of credit or a refund.

gf

Well as i said before the class i am giving her/taking with her to touch up on my skills is. The NRA basic pistol, i am also trying to talk her into taking NRA, Protection inside the home/out side the home with me. LOL i would love to come to HI my uncle was stationed there when he was in the airforce he just got out last year as a full COL.

She will not need her firearm or holster for the NRA Basic Pistol class. All firearms and ammunition should be provided by the instructor or facility where the class is held.

NRA policy for the classes is to have no firearms or ammunition in the classroom. Regardless if you're LE, CC permit holder, etc., as a safety precaution, all firearms and ammunition are excluded from the classroom.

Come on over to HI. Hotel prices are the lowest they've been in years, airfare is very reasonable, and the weather is a lot better than other places in the U.S. right about now. :biggrin:

gf

As a ccw instructor, i have to agree with gray wolf; purse carry is a bad idea. I try to tell all my students there is a reason Le carries strongside OWB. Second best is IWB, also strong side. I know on body carry is a struggle for ladies, particularly those who are more curvy, but carrying is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. It require some sacrifices to carry, and some discomfort/ inconvience. A chang in wardrobe is not the worst thing in the world.

As a ccw instructor, i have to agree with gray wolf; purse carry is a bad idea.
You can carry any firearm you want in a purse, but it's not going to help at all if it's being carried away by a running purse snatcher. All it does is contribute to the livelihood of some thug.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back