Challenge

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Grab your trusty bangstick and come with me...

1. clean you weapon
2. Zero your sighting system for 100 yds
3. CLEAN YOUR WEAPON
4. fire 1 fouling shot
5. fire a three round group for bragging rights.

Mine is .537 center to center with Savage 10FP prone on a bipod using Hornady 180 Gr SST bullets.

Pics of the target to come.

Grab your trusty bangstick and come with me...

1. clean you weapon
2. Zero your sighting system for 100 yds
3. CLEAN YOUR WEAPON
4. fire 1 fouling shot
5. fire a three round group for bragging rights.

Mine is .537 center to center with Savage 10FP prone on a bipod using Hornady 180 Gr SST bullets.

Pics of the target to come.

I'm getting ready to head to Tenn. were I'm going to do some 100, 200, and 300 yrd shooting with my 16" lightweight carbine topped with an EoTech. I'm interested to see how I do at 300 yrd but I know bowling pins don't stand a chance at 100 yrds.

.537 is a fine group festus can't wait to see pics of the gun/target!!

I can do much better than that. But, I UMM, won't be posting any pics of it.

That's very nice shooting. I am sure I could not do that good. I did take a 30-06 once at about 100 to 150 yards and hit an 8oz water bottle off hand. I am quite sure it was skill and not luck. :)

Here are the pics!

Link RemovedLink Removed

Here is what I did after not shooting this gun for over 6 months. I'm sure that I could get it back down to .378 center to center. Yes, I know this was done in September...but going through my recent targets inspired me to challenge others. I will hopefully be at it again in the next two weeks with this rifle to better my group.

Last edited:
Mine is .537 center to center with Savage 10FP prone on a bipod

Nice shooting!!

My rifle can pull off 1/2 MOA as well. Interestingly, it's also a Savage 10FLP (left handed). I use Black Hills Match ammo or my own reloads. It consistently pulls off 1" - 1 1/4" groups at 200yards.

I know you guys have rifles...

I know you guys have rifles...Put them to good use. You will at least know your hundred yard zero is good!

I accept your challenge!!!

Savage 10XP in 22-250
52 grain Sierra hollow point boat tail
35.5 grains Hodgdon H-380
CCI 250 magnum primer
Remington Peters case
3540 feet per second
100 Yards off the sand bags
Three shot group

.316 center to center

View attachment 258

View attachment 259

LOL...Thanks, but I have to give credit to the rifle. It was a shooter right out of the box. Once I figured out what to feed it, It is a lot of fun to shoot. Its off to the prairie dog town this afternoon to see what we can do at a little longer range.

nice shooting rd but i still think Dr Dave has got you with the free hand shot standing up at 100yards hitting a coke bottle. I would have love to have seen that. :ph34r:

Not to brag.......well maybe a little bit. I went to the range with my wife today. Shooting the same rifle, but with a different load that I was working on.

No wind
60 degrees
52 GR Sierra boat tail hollow point
39.2 Gr Hodgdon H-414
CCI 250 primer
WW case
100 Yards off sand bags

The batteries were dead on the Chrony, cant tell you the feet per second

Three shot group

View attachment 261

Dude...

That is AWesome!

What about the rest of you toads any takers on the challenge?

We could start a sub MOA club!

Here is the Sub MOA club

Link Removed

Get to work we need more riflemen...errrrrr...I mean members...

I'm Dialed in now!!!

.304 Ctr to Ctr
Target pics will come as soon as I get it scanned in! This is a new personal best for me!

.308 WIN.
100 YDS
HORNADY SST 180GR
IMR 4064 43.0GR
WINCHESTER BRASS
CCI 200 PRIMER

SAVAGE 10FP
MILLETT 6-25X56AO MIL-DOT

Hey RDW I know you can do this all day long with your 22-250 but can you do this with a big bore????

GREAT SHOT GROUP FESTUS!!!!! It feels realy sweet when you get it dialed in. You have me beat on the big bore. My personal best with the big guns is .319.

300 WBY
82.5 GR H-4831
WBY case
CCI 250 primer
100 Yards off the sand bags
3 shot group

.319 center to center

There were five guys at the range that day and I made them all sign the target....LOL

View attachment 266

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back