Aurora Colorado shooting

Just heard this morning on Houston news they are thinking about re-shooting the trailers so no "evil guns are shown", I have an idea, re-shoot the movie so than no evil bad guys are shown. Lets wake up people guns are not good or bad, people are. We have an economy in the pits due to incompetence by people not by the dollar bill. Take a little breathing time and look up the definition of evil and tell me how it applies to a mechanical device.

The most common argument for CC is that it can stop a shooter like this. And, Colo has relatively liberal CC laws (must issue to residents). There were a lot of people in the theater, some must have been carrying. What went wrong? The only thing I can think is not enough time - with the high speed weapons used by the shooter, a carrier would have had only a few seconds to react. Would the Assault Weapons Ban have helped in this situation? The shooter bought his in the last couple of months.

At any rate, there is much to learn from this tragedy.

A couple of things:

1. Cinemark theatres (where this occurred) has a "no legal guns" policy, so CCW permit holders may eschew this theatre for someplace more gun-friendly (which could explain why there was no one apparently carrying at the time of the shooting). Cinemark Theaters' No Firearms Policy | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

2. It's interesting that this happened two days from when the CCW permit holder stopped the two robbers at an internet cafe in FL. Two different situations, sure, but they may have had a chance in CO...:frown:

Who could say what they would do without having been there. If you were there with your firearm, you may have been the first one he shoots and kills without warning. OR You may be the first one he didn't notice, passed by, thus giving you the golden opportunity to be a hero by popping up and drilling him from behind. Remember, the guy allegedly used tear gas. One cannot function in that stuff. I personally know that much.

Sorry my friends, but nobody here can speculate as to what they would do in a situation like this. Every person that was in a seat in that theater was in a different situation. You cannot cherry pick the time and place you are when these things happen. Life doesn't work that way.

Very well put!!

I have been sending faxes and emails to all kinds of public officials all morning. I can't help but feel lives could have been saved in Aurora if a few of those people had been carrying. with everyone on the floor someone with a concealed handgun could have had a clear shot at the killer. I believe ALL states should issue CCW Permits which are good in every state. Criminals very easily find guns, now to put guns in the hands of good citizens.

What do you think?

:big_boss:

Klutznar, you would have just gotten yourself killed.

The perp had body armor, which would have stopped your hollow points.

And he threw gas, which would have burned your eyes and blinded you.

Duck, cover and run was about the best strategy.

What was ultimately fortunate in this incident is that the perp's AR-15 jammed, as they often do when fired a lot. And he did not know how to un-jam it.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families and to the community there.

There's more to this shooter than meets the eye. No one lives a normal, adjusted life for 24 years, then shoots 71 people. His trial, if he makes it to trial, should be interesting.

Colorado does have the death penalty. I believe there are 3 people on their death row. This guy should make the 4th if the legal system doesn't fall for the (mentally incompetent to stand trial) or some garbage like that.

HLN was covering how schizophrenia first kicks in during late teens or early twenties. That may be what happened with this wacko.

Mabey I might not have been able to take the guy down if I was there, but at least I could have died with honor trying. Those people died running scared. That is not how I want to go. I feel for them. We should not be cattle lead to slaughter. We are Free men with the god given right to die standing defending ourselfs and our countrymen.

Some well-placed torso shots would likely have taken the fight out of him at least for a few moments...maybe long enough to allow more people to escape

The most common argument for CC is that it can stop a shooter like this. And, Colo has relatively liberal CC laws (must issue to residents). There were a lot of people in the theater, some must have been carrying. What went wrong? The only thing I can think is not enough time - with the high speed weapons used by the shooter, a carrier would have had only a few seconds to react. Would the Assault Weapons Ban have helped in this situation? The shooter bought his in the last couple of months.

To answer your question about the assault weapons ban, an AR15 is not an assault weapon. It's only an assault weapon because the main stream media and anti-gun groups call any semi- auto an assault weapon. Assault weapons are full automatic. Which means all you need do is hold the trigger down and they will fire until the ammo is gone. If you have never fired one you would have a hard time controlling the weapon let alone hitting anything. Let's concentrate on the CRIME and the CRIMINAL. Not on the tool he chose to hide behind.

Let's concentrate on the CRIME and the CRIMINAL. Not on the tool he chose to hide behind.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. When a person drives a car into a crowded bus stop in mid Manhatten and kills 4 people, I don't see a proposed ban on cars. Again, it's not the tool, it's the person utilizing it.

The most common argument for CC is that it can stop a shooter like this. And, Colo has relatively liberal CC laws (must issue to residents). There were a lot of people in the theater, some must have been carrying. What went wrong?

The "Theater" has a no weapons policy. Darn those law abiding folks who followed the law and left the guns home!

Another point; with body armor on, you would STILL feel the pain of impact! Oh it would get your attention for sure!!

One more; In the "famous bank SHOOTOUT in Cali", rounds from LEO's had no effect ( 9mm + shotgun ) due to the distance to target, not so much the BA. Cops couldn't get close enough for their rounds to do damage due to the stand off distance of the BG's rifles.

What is the penalty for carrying concealed in a place f business that has a sign that states no weapons?

The reason I ask is, my local movie theater has a sign on the front door, but not on the side door. A legal carrying citizen could enter that door and not be aware of the sign on the front.

Being the way MD is it probably wouldn't be a good idea but from handgunlaw.us there is some confusion as to whether one can or can not.

Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
“??????”
We are unable to determine if “No Gun” signs have the force of law in Maryland. Until we get more information Handgunlaw.us believes you should treat every “No Gun” sign on any private business as having the force of law.

I however do not agree with nor will abide by the above statement

If you chose ABC as the first news outlet to try to claim a right wing connection step forward and claim your prize. In an earlier report ABC News suggested that the shooter was a member of the Tea Party just because he had the same name as a Tea Party member. No need to check the facts first, let's just throw out some non-varified info and see if it sticks. I wonder how much hate mail the Tea Party guy is going to get because of ABC's rush to get a scoop.

That's why all the commie leftist news agencies such as ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC etc are losing ratings. Because they continuously lie and blame others instead of reporting in an unbiased manner. They are owned by the globalists who think that their NWO is a better idea for everyone.

Didn't read all the postings yet, but my 2c is this.... if the emergency door that the perp ducked out of, then came back through had been alarmed to either a screamer on the door or linked to a central alarm, I'd bet a Buffalo Nickel that most of those people would be alive.

Had the door sounded when the perp exited and blocked it open for the time it took him to gear up, someone would have been alerted and hopefully someone in the theater would get tired of the alarm going off and shut the damn door.

Mabey I might not have been able to take the guy down if I was there, but at least I could have died with honor trying. Those people died running scared. That is not how I want to go. I feel for them. We should not be cattle lead to slaughter. We are Free men with the god given right to die standing defending ourselfs and our countrymen.

Screw dying with honor. That's for warriors not the general public or me for that matter. My main reason for carrying is to protect me and mine. If the other guy wants protection, it's up to him to carry or put all his hopes for a future in the hands of the government. My first responsibility is get out of harms way. Gun drawn in a defensive posture, using anything I cn to evade and if that happens to be a mass of stampeding sheeple, so be it. The only time I'll go Ramo is if there is no other way around it.

Who knows? Maybe you standing and going toe to toe with a heavily armed and well armored assailant will give the rest of us time to get the hell out. Thank you. I'll lay a flower on your grave.

What would the shooter have done if 6 or 8 CCW people started shooting back at him? Panic, or get meaner?
The thing is if there were more CCW people and if more places allowed us in with concealed weapons, maybe lives would be saved. Stop making these types of mass shootings into gun issues and make them a bad people issue. More guns in the hands of good people can save lives. Don't blame the gun blame the person. There once was a time in this country when all walked around with guns, some bad guys, but more good guys.

If criminals now-a-days knew that many people carry concealed they might not be so anxious to grab a gun.

:yes2:

I'd like to believe the guy would have scrambled for the back door had there been any return fire. The bastard was reloading when he was cornered by the police and he didn't even put up a struggle. He just gave up. I agree wholeheartedly with your assertion that more guns in the hand of more good people will save lives but that's not the way sheeple look at it. The sheeple want to be protected, the y don't want to do it themselves.

Unless I'm going in to a place where carrying is a felony, like a federal building, or I have reason to believe I'm going to be scanned or frisked, I'm carrying anyway. If the only consequence to my carrying a weapon into a place with a no weapons policy is that I will be asked to leave, then the rewards, to me, far outweigh the risks.

High speed weapons? He had a shotgun and AK and a pistol, none of which were full auto or even three burst weapons. Nothing high speed there unless you're comparing his gear to a bolt action.

What gave him the edge was the flash bangs/tear gas grenades, the complete element of surprise and the panic of the sheeple, not to mention the head to toe body armor.

But I do agree, any CCer would only have had seconds to make a decision.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back