Aurora Colorado shooting

Anyone local know whether this theater had a "No Guns" policy? I live on the other side of Denver, so I never visited that theater. I can't find anything on their site. I wonder if they took it off recently to avoid emails from us.

According to thetruthaboutguns.com the theaters have a no gun policy.

Cinemark Theaters No Firearms Policy | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

It is NO surprise to me that the left wing propagandists media would spin "gun control" with this story. The REAL story should be that we need more freedom in CCW so that legally armed citizens can immediately stop such attacks.

Crowded areas, full of people can make defensive shooting difficult and offensive shooting easy. Most people hunker down and stay low but some panic and run. Throw in the facts that the shooter used gas and wore a vest. You have a situation where hundreds of paniced people are trying to stay out of the line of fire, in a low light situation, some blinded by the gas, along injured or dying victims. You are in a situation that would require an accurate head shot from a low position so your fire would not hit paniced inocents, you are in a situation where training and judgement would be critical; there should be no collateral damage from good intentioned people. Acquiring a clear target would need to be a priority, there may be those present who would be willing to make a physical attack on the shooter. One would need to be in this situation, armed, and ready to make a call. I would agree that if there were several carrying it is likely someone would have a shot, but how many could or would make a proper decision. Most CCW holders are taught that their weapon should be primarily used to protect themselves and their family, when you use a firearm and deadly force to protect the public you may do so at grave cost.

I don't get this. If there's a guy in a theatre shooting people at random, I'm going to fire my gun at him. I will of course try to get the cleanest shot possible, but in a situation like that, if you wait for there to be no one running around beside or behind him, you're going to wait until you die. I would rather take a dozen shots at a guy and run the risk of hitting someone innocent, than do nothing and let dozens more be killed. Would I feel awful for the rest of my life if I hit a bystander? Absolutely. But how much worse would I feel if I sat there and let it happen? This guy was a threat to everyone in that theatre. Someone there should have been able to defend themselves.

If the liberals had their way it would have gone something like this.

1. House booby trapped with explosives? Check.
2. Got a tear gas canister? Check.
3. Have a rifle and handgun? Check.
4. Arrive at a crowded theater? Check.
5. Mentally ready to wreck havoc, murder and destruction? Check.
6. Sign on the door that says “No Guns Allowed?” Aw shucks, I guess I can’t go through with my plan because of that sign. Foiled again by those darn gun free zones. Once again America is saved from a murderous killing spree because the killer would not dare violate such a posted warning. Thank you President Obama and Mayor Bloomberg. I can’t wait for the UN to come in and take all our guns.

I carry, but get real. I seriously doubt that a chl holder could have done much in any situation like this unless you had an extreme amount of luck, like shooting him in the back of his head before he knew you were there. Remember, he had both a vest and a helmet on, not to mention all the chaos, and not to mention all his weapons. Who knows for sure, except the people that were there. It's a wonder more people weren't killed.

I wonder how many CCW permit holders were in that theatre. A very small number I'd expect. Fewer still (probably none) that ignored the sign and carried anyway (I don't know if the signs are legally binding for CCW in that state or not). If there WERE any remaining, I wonder if the signs had any impact on their decision to not return fire.

Mabey I might not have been able to take the guy down if I was there, but at least I could have died with honor trying. Those people died running scared. That is not how I want to go. I feel for them. We should not be cattle lead to slaughter. We are Free men with the god given right to die standing defending ourselfs and our countrymen.

I agree, Not to sure why folks are counting themselves out of the battle just because he had a bullet proof vest (which by the way you would not know at the time) and a helmet (which would not make a damn bit of difference in my book), Gas might be a problem if you are exposed...... Point being as ccw holders we should have the mentality of adapt and overcome , as we quite possible are the only lifeline that innocent soul's have. I myself undoubtedly would die atleast trying to eliminate the threat!

Crowded areas, full of people can make defensive shooting difficult and offensive shooting easy. Most people hunker down and stay low but some panic and run. Throw in the facts that the shooter used gas and wore a vest. You have a situation where hundreds of paniced people are trying to stay out of the line of fire, in a low light situation, some blinded by the gas, along injured or dying victims. You are in a situation that would require an accurate head shot from a low position so your fire would not hit paniced inocents, you are in a situation where training and judgement would be critical; there should be no collateral damage from good intentioned people. Acquiring a clear target would need to be a priority, there may be those present who would be willing to make a physical attack on the shooter. One would need to be in this situation, armed, and ready to make a call. I would agree that if there were several carrying it is likely someone would have a shot, but how many could or would make a proper decision. Most CCW holders are taught that their weapon should be primarily used to protect themselves and their family, when you use a firearm and deadly force to protect the public you may do so at grave cost.

I think back to the 1986 Miami Shootout where the shooters had rifles and body armor. The police pistols were pretty useless in that situation, and they didn't have chaos, smoke, or darkness. I think this guy was only coming down with a headshot from behind. A knee shot might slow him down, but he could still shoot. I'm not really sure what I would have done. Gun out, for sure but, would my 9mm really help against that armor, or just make me his next target?

6. Sign on the door that says “No Guns Allowed?” Aw shucks, I guess I can’t go through with my plan because of that sign. Foiled again by those darn gun free zones. Once again America is saved from a murderous killing spree because the killer would not dare violate such a posted warning. Thank you President Obama and Mayor Bloomberg. I can’t wait for the UN to come in and take all our guns.

Wow! Obamas fault? Stretch.

Here's my perspective on this horrific incident. If I'm in a situation of this type, I'm gathering those that I love, putting my self between them and the shooter, and hunkering down. If the shooter turns his attention our way, I'm coming at him with all the firepower I have available. If not, I'm covering my loved ones and attracting as little attention as possible. I figure as soon as I fire in his direction, he will return fire in mine, which puts my loved ones at a much higher risk of being injured or killed. I conceal carry to protect me and mine. I'm not a LEO, never wanted to be one. Many CCW holders believe carrying a firearm makes them invincible, nothing could be farther from the truth.

I would not attempt to stop this with force. Would it not be best to duck and cover self and family? Then, maybe act.I know we are talking nano-seconds and as with all crisis we have no idea what we would do. This is a grave issue to all. This guy appears at first glance to be well versed in the issue of weapons and booby traps. So, yes, it may very well be that our foes, the left, set this up. I am sure I am going to be blamed for over-acting but as we know the name Clinton is in with UN issues. The Klintons are known for being nasty. So, it is not yet 48 hrs and not all the fact are in.

And they're saying this isn't terrorism. What else could it be?

What would the shooter have done if 6 or 8 CCW people started shooting back at him? Panic, or get meaner?
The thing is if there were more CCW people and if more places allowed us in with concealed weapons, maybe lives would be saved. Stop making these types of mass shootings into gun issues and make them a bad people issue. More guns in the hands of good people can save lives. Don't blame the gun blame the person. There once was a time in this country when all walked around with guns, some bad guys, but more good guys.

If criminals now-a-days knew that many people carry concealed they might not be so anxious to grab a gun.

:yes2:

What is the penalty for carrying concealed in a place f business that has a sign that states no weapons?

The reason I ask is, my local movie theater has a sign on the front door, but not on the side door. A legal carrying citizen could enter that door and not be aware of the sign on the front.

In Colorado, "No gun signs" do not have the force of law. Handgunlaw.us

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back