Aurora Colorado shooting

I don't give two craps if he's wearing body armor. He's not going to just stand there taking bullets like you're tossing pillows at him. It still frigging hurts and he's still going to get knocked down. At which point you move in for a face shot and try to disarm him.

When I first heard about this I asked myself why no one did anything to stop this nut ball. I though for darned sure I'd jump ip and return fire but then I started giving it some more thought. For my personal standpoint, the only way I'd be in a theater in the first place is if I was with my wife and friends. There is so much of this outcome that depends of the situation and the circumstances. THis nut ball had the bases covered. this wasn't some knee jerk decision on his part. It was very well thought out.

The grenades thrown to either side of the auditorium diverted everyone attention and also temporarily neutralize the citizens on the "side line". I don't know about others but the side line area is where I, as a CCer prefer to sit so I can eyeball the rest of the crowd. Maybe he recognized this possibility.

So if I'm in the theater, I'm with my loved one and my first and foremost responsibility is to her protection and that means getting her out of harms way, putting me and my weapon between the threat and her at the same time we both make for the cleanest exit or hunkering down into a defensive position. We're both older and don't move so well so the hunkering down is what would have most likely happened and you're damn right at that point there would be return fire.

In most cases I wouldn't be a Rambette like that, but Jesus, he shot 71 damn people.

Full repport of the injuries os not in yet but I'll bet a good portion of the surviving 70 odd injured were from the stampede and ensuing panic. The initial reports indicate that there was "wide spred panic" (duh!) from all of the theaters in the building.

That takes time, even with a semi-auto. It also means that you don't have a good chance of hiding and waiting this one out. Eventually he's coming for you.

This is one of those situations where I think it's just better to act.

Agreed. I can't say what I'd do, but a pause for reload would give some able bodied toter to unload some lead at a standing target. I wonder how good my aim would be under the panic, fear and adreniline rush I'd be experiencing at the time? How bad do you think the tunnel vision would be?

And this guy thought he was the frigging Joker, which tells me that instead of banning guns, we might need to look at banning movies where psychopaths are portrayed as sexy and cool. OK, not really. But still.

And I hate to admit it, but this did actually make me think that maybe people don't need AR-15s et al. I mean frack, if he had just had a couple Glocks, and a CCer had been there, no way the body count would have been that high. Of course, a CCer there anyway and maybe the body count wouldn't have been that high.

Ran off the reservation! Hope you get back in a hurry! We know you don't mean it but you better bite your tongue for that one!

Fox News keeps reporting that he was in there shooting for fifteen to twenty minutes. Does anyone else think that is impossible and where we're the cops working traffic? J

Of course, most theaters would be posted as "no guns permitted". The protection he had, even throat and legs, he would have had to have a direct hit in the face to down him. My question is why don't theaters have a warning signal up front if an exit door is opened? You have those signals everywhere, why not there? If it had been noticed as soon as opened and the door shut before he got inside, he may have taken to the street shooting but would not have such a concentration to shoot at without aiming. I think theaters may have those warning devices but don't put a priority on it. After, if the door is opened up, it's only someone sneaking in. . right?

Of course, most theaters would be posted as "no guns permitted". The protection he had, even throat and legs, he would have had to have a direct hit in the face to down him. My question is why don't theaters have a warning signal up front if an exit door is opened? You have those signals everywhere, why not there? If it had been noticed as soon as opened and the door shut before he got inside, he may have taken to the street shooting but would not have such a concentration to shoot at without aiming. I think theaters may have those warning devices but don't put a priority on it. After, if the door is opened up, it's only someone sneaking in. . right?

The movie franchises will need to fix all that now, after a dozen people have now died, over it.

Hindsight is always 20-20, and that's how most of our laws and disaster plans get made anyway.

I read where police response time was within 1.5 to 2 minutes. I am guessing not arriving within 2 minutes. Either way, the police would have been trying to clear out the theater and work into the shooting zone. I read that some reported he got outside the exit and waited for people to come out that way shooting some there. not sure if true. Also police did find him in the parking lot about 15-20 minutes from when report came in.

You know why he shot for 15 minutes but I doubt it would be because cops are clean up . I wouldn't go in there to die would you ?

The criminal in most cases does not expect its prey to fight back. The speed , power, efficiency, and aggressiveness of a counter attack may have altered the whole situation. Most definitely a chance I would have had to take and will if the need arises. It is true that a victim that acts in an aggressive counter attack may suffer for it, but if one does not act he and others almost certainly WILL suffer! Especially in this case.

He had body armor, but he gave up as soon as the cops showed up. Why did he have body armor if he was planning on giving up? There are a LOT of things that don't add up about this guy. I'm beginning to wonder if he will make it to trial...

I did not understand your first sentence.

No, I would not go in there to die, but if I took an oath to defend and protect and I had been through training, I would like to think that I would go in there.

I am a veteran, but thank the Lord, I was never in combat. People that spout off on websites about what they would have done are just kidding themselves. The only people that really know what they would have done are people who have been in harms way.

Set a timer for 15 to 20 minutes and try to imagine gun fire for that amount of time. It's an eternity. Something is wrong here. J

Fox News keeps reporting that he was in there shooting for fifteen to twenty minutes. Does anyone else think that is impossible and where we're the cops working traffic? J

NOT possible!

The witnesses said the shooting only lasted about ONE minute. It appears he emptied is one drum mag then left. Witnesses said he didn't walk up the isle. Instead, he stood mostly in one place and shot toward the section of the theater where it was the most difficult to escape. It appears he focused on the middle & upper sections; while those on one side & lower sections were more or less ignored.

I just hope we can gain a lot of insight & maybe some intell to the OWS movement.

The Aurora Colorado gun control advocates should be pleased with all their gun control laws, they worked SO well, the gunman at the theater massacre was the only one armed! It's a frikkin' gun control success story!!!

According to rmgo.com only the Aurora mall doesn't allow guns. I'm not sure if the theater gets tied to that being on the same property, but a different building in the property grounds.

Well in Ohio there's a mall attached to a a Walmart go through Walmart to walk through the mall . The mall has signs o officer I didn't see any at Walmart and decided to walk through the mall that's how you handle that

According to rmgo.com only the Aurora mall doesn't allow guns. I'm not sure if the theater gets tied to that being on the same property, but a different building in the property grounds.

I was working construction outside the theater when it happened. The police arrested him in about 5 mins out back beside his car.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is this...if his goal was mass terror, chaos, and a body count, then why did he warn police about the booby trapped apartment?

The Aurora Colorado gun control advocates should be pleased with all their gun control laws, they worked SO well, the gunman at the theater massacre was the only one armed! It's a frikkin' gun control success story!!!

They are probably not happy, like Bloomberg, about how easy it is to get an AR-15 and 6000 rounds of ammo for it though.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is this...if his goal was mass terror, chaos, and a body count, then why did he warn police about the booby trapped apartment?

One of the HLN commentators spoke about this too, and his thinking was that the way bipolar disease works, that after blowing off his steam with the AR-15 then he came back down to his senses and did not want to do any more damage.

One of the HLN commentators spoke about this too, and his thinking was that the way bipolar disease works, that after blowing off his steam with the AR-15 then he came back down to his senses and did not want to do any more damage.

That's a hell of a way to blow off steam. Personally, I just go to the gym.

Upon reflection, this guy fancied himself the Joker. Wouldn't revealing his diabolical plan be something the Joker would do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back