Anybody carrying a small .45?

I did not find the XDS to snappy at all...WAY better than my LCP and that's a .380. A bit more than a 9mm but very manageable.

Sometimes in winter carry a Kimber Ultra CDP in a Crossbreed supertuck , a fine handgun and a finer holster. Other times like in the hot summer in my bathing suit or shorts I cary a Ruger LCP or a Sig 238.
The heat and humidity sort of dictates cooler attire here at the beach.

My Ultra carry is certainly a comfortable piece but I must tell ya, the CDP II is my baby. With my 1911 love affair, I have to state for the record, the Glock 22 Gen 3/4 just ain't bad. I traded for a new one today. The Gen 4 is just built nice with the 15+1 carry options. I switch off depending on time, place and temperature. In the Phoenix area yesterday, the temperatures broke records. One area, Chandler, was posted to be 119 degrees. The Ultra-Carry fits the bill nicely.

Currently, my primary carry is the subcompact .45GAP Glock 39.
Capacity = 6+1 with a 10 round mag as a spare.

My current carry is a Firestorm mini compact. About the same size as a Para Warthawg. Double stack 10+1 of 45 goodness :)

What's the possibility of pocket carry with the XDS? Currently pocket carry a Colt Ultra Elite .380, and might give it up for the XDS.

My EDC is a .45 compact, it is not the beast to shoot I imagined it to be. accurate and controllable. Had to break after 100 rounds as my forearm was a little fatigued, it's a step up from a 9mm no doubt. no complaints from my hands or joints the next day.... somehow ".45" and "little" don't seem right in the same sentence. I'm sold on them.

Hi
I am a firm believer in a 45 caliber for ccw
I have 4
a Glock 30 that is two heavy with 10 and one in the pipe its now my truck gun I have a Kahr CW 45 great shooter 6 with one in the pipe plus a 7 round mag I carry it in a cheap shoulder holster that is very comfortable a Colt Defender that I just think is the best there is I carry it IBW with an additional 7 round mag. And a ATI Titan IBW it's just a little heavy but a good shooter too. I feel with a 45 caliber you haven't over penetrated and if someone is wearing body armor like in CO. You have knocked him on his A_ _ and he's wondering WTF just kicked me on my A_ _. At 30 feet and I've gained control. They all shoot great the recoil is manageable and I shoot 3" groups with all of them.
And if I want to carry a bug for Bear hunting it should stop them too something about a big bore 45 serves all my needs. I'm proficient with all of them.
Link Removed

Hi
I am a firm believer in a 45 caliber for ccw
I have 4
a Glock 30 that is two heavy with 10 and one in the pipe its now my truck gun I have a Kahr CW 45 great shooter 6 with one in the pipe plus a 7 round mag I carry it in a cheap shoulder holster that is very comfortable a Colt Defender that I just think is the best there is I carry it IBW with an additional 7 round mag. And a ATI Titan IBW it's just a little heavy but a good shooter too. I feel with a 45 caliber you haven't over penetrated and if someone is wearing body armor like in CO. You have knocked him on his A_ _ and he's wondering WTF just kicked me on my A_ _. At 30 feet and I've gained control. They all shoot great the recoil is manageable and I shoot 3" groups with all of them.
And if I want to carry a bug for Bear hunting it should stop them too something about a big bore 45 serves all my needs. I'm proficient with all of them. Link Removed
Very good choices, Have a 2 Colts myself, on the Glock have you checked out a G-36, much narrower than a 30, and lighter

My wife and I are very new to shooting, Her first gun is a lcp, I chose the new XDS. I think the lcp has more recoil than the xds, my wife agrees with me, and she shoots the xds better. Like i said i'm just starting out but at 7 yards i'm doing 4-5 inch groupings with the xds. I love it.

I carry the Xds .45 for my EDC; looking to order the 7-round extended magazine. I know shot placement is key WTSHTF, but 5-6 round capacity is cuttin it close....

Thank you Rocket geezer
I have checked out the G36. I am becoming addicted to the 1911 platform partially because I can dress them up some and have a more personalized weapon. Link Removed
But after reading and studying ballistic tables I'm beginning to rethink my 3" barrels and I am leaning to 5" barrels to get the most out of my ammunition for tactual and self defense situations.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back