America is a Christian Nation

XD: You are obviously an intelligent man but seem to consider those who don't think like you to be somewhat inferior. I don't know how many more times I have to tell you that those things in the Bible that I can't explain I don't worry about. It seems to be fantasy to you and, I will admit, sometimes, certain parts cause me to wonder. Aside from those things which you consider ridiculous, there are many, many other parts of the Bible for which the literal sense is sufficient for me. Especially noteworthy is the fact that the Bible has been proven by science, you know that part you seem to swear by, and also by archeology. And, no, I have not been manipulated into believing anything by anybody. I am as capable of rational thought as you and have come by my beliefs through much study, not everything being taken as presented by a "snake oil salesman." I love to study the Bible and concomitantly Biblical as well as world history. So my decisions and beliefs have not been made lightly but through much study.

You ask me how old the universe is. I have absolutely no idea. I know you are referring to the seven days mentioned in the book of Genesis. Yes, seems sort of strange to me but neither of us can prove differently. You are going from your own personal thoughts and reasoning. Fine. I do not try to out reason God nor try to explain why the Bible was written as such. Either take it as written, even with your questions/doubts, or leave it alone. Your choice. There again, we go to Pascal's Wager. But, as Paschal said, it is better to believe in God.

Creation or evolution? I believe that, somewhere, sometime, the original "us" was created by that elusive "Creator" or, God as I prefer to believe. I don't know if you are into believing extraterrestrial beings exist or not. If so, we could be hybrids of some other creature(s). Interesting thoughts but nothing we can put a finger on. I, however, do not include monkeys in my family tree so I can't buy into evolution. There are some that make me think that there may have been a monkey or two in their background but not enough to make me believe it for certain.

You say you are concerned for mankind's future and believe our beliefs to be nonsense. If you are indeed concerned for the future of mankind, why don't you accept the morals and principles set forth in the Bible? Everything happening today is contrary to the Bible and our country has become degenerate and evil in the process. Or do you accept the deviancy being pushed on the nation today? In any event, you have your opinion and we have ours. The odd thing however is that we have an instruction manual, written many, many years ago that has described, in detail, the happenings of today and our eventual outcome. So, I hope you will pardon those of us who do believe, since we prefer to be with the Lord in the end. Good luck with your thoughts.

Do we believe God has determined the date of our deaths? No, but we do believe He knows when we will die and that our lives can be shortened by crime, accidents, abortions, etc. Not something He has written in stone.

Here's the problem with that ambiguous belief - it requires that your god not know all that would happen at the moment it created the universe, leaving your god without the power of omniscience.

A god that is all powerful and omniscient would both know everything that would happen in the universe it created at the moment of creation and would be able to chose what would happen in any universe it created. so it would be able to choose between creating a universe in which a there would be no 2004 Tsunami and one in which there would be a 2004 Tsunami.

Your depiction of a god is without that power, leaving the door open for the existence of a much more powerful creator - perhaps one that created your god and the universe to see if people would foolishly follow the lesser god.

XD: You are obviously an intelligent man but seem to consider those who don't think like you to be somewhaht inferior. I don't know how many more times I have to tell you that those things in the Bible that I can't explain I don't worry about. It seems to be fantasy to you and, I will admit, sometimes, certain parts cause me to wonder. Aside from those things which you consider ridiculous, there are many, many other parts of the Bible for which the literal sense is sufficient for me. Especially noteworthy is the fact that the Bible has been proven by science, you know that part you seem to swear by, and also by archeology. And, no, I have not been manipulated into believing anything by anybody. I am as capable of rational thought as you and have come by my beliefs through much study, not everything being taken as presented by a "snake oil salesman." I love to study the Bible and concomitantly Biblical as well as world history. So my decisions and beliefs have not been made lightly but through much study.
Your bible written by mere men, who lived in ancient times are of course going to have accounts of actual events, some of which can be verified by archaeology, and other accounts from sources other than the bible. Flood, famine, war, natural disasters have always occurred, However that does nothing to validate that the bible is the word of god.

Many works of fiction are going to have actual events incorporated into them, either deliberately or inadvertently by the writer, it's human nature.

You ask me how old the universe is. I have absolutely no idea. I know you are referring to the seven days mentioned in the book of Genesis. Yes, seems sort of strange to me but neither of us can prove differently. You are going from your own personal thoughts and reasoning. Fine. I do not try to out reason God nor try to explain why the Bible was written as such. Either take it as written, even with your questions/doubts, or leave it alone. Your choice. There again, we go to Pascal's Wager. But, as Paschal said, it is better to believe in God.
Not really, the 7 day nonsense is just fable, and I understand that many want to argue how 'long' one of those day actually was, to dance around the science.

First I go with evidence, and there is a tremendous amount of evidence that the universe is about 14,000,000,000 years old, and this rock is about 5,000,000,000 years old, clearly not "created" when your god was doing is genesis thing. Not the 6,000 to 10,000 years many profess is the actual age, based only the bible, totally counter to science.

Creation or evolution? I believe that, somewhere, sometime, the original "us" was created by that elusive "Creator" or, God as I prefer to believe. I don't know if you are into believing extraterrestrial beings exist or not. If so, we could be hybrids of some other creature(s). Interesting thoughts but nothing we can put a finger on. I, however, do not include monkeys in my family tree so I can't buy into evolution. There are some that make me think that there may have been a monkey or two in their background but not enough to make me believe it for certain.
So a dirt clod, a little god spit, and blow on it and man came into being, later a rib was ripped out of him and more god magic and there was a woman.

I had one genesis believer even tell me that even today men had one less rib than women because of that nonsense.

Extraterrestials? Due the incomprehensible size of the universe, and number of possible planets, it is a virtual mathematical certainty that life exists somewhere, in the universe... but do they visit trailer parks here on a regular basis.... not so much. Read up on the Drake Equation.

You say you are concerned for mankind's future and believe our beliefs to be nonsense. If you are indeed concerned for the future of mankind, why don't you accept the morals and principles set forth in the Bible? Everything happening today is contrary to the Bible and our country has become degenerate and evil in the process. Or do you accept the deviancy being pushed on the nation today? In any event, you have your opinion and we have ours. The odd thing however is that we have an instruction manual, written many, many years ago that has described, in detail, the happenings of today and our eventual outcome. So, I hope you will pardon those of us who do believe, since we prefer to be with the Lord in the end. Good luck with your thoughts.
If your morality comes from the bible, it is a force morality, based on fear of a wrathful god, and not a true morality.

The troubles in the world today are not that those in control are acting counter to the bible, but their unbridled corruption, greed and ego these people have based on their wealth and power. Yet most will say they believe in one god or another.

Several of the more vocal fundy believers in these threads have already stated they no longer vote because they merely blame what is going on as bible prophecy, and have thrown in the town and say they can't wait. Well they will have to wait, and wait, and wait, for no one is coming, yet their continue to bury their head in the babble. It is as dangerous as ignoring clear signs that you have cancer, yet doing nothing.

Here's the problem with that ambiguous belief - it requires that your god not know all that would happen at the moment it created the universe, leaving your god without the power of omniscience.

A god that is all powerful and omniscient would both know everything that would happen in the universe it created at the moment of creation and would be able to chose what would happen in any universe it created. so it would be able to choose between creating a universe in which a there would be no 2004 Tsunami and one in which there would be a 2004 Tsunami.

Your depiction of a god is without that power, leaving the door open for the existence of a much more powerful creator - perhaps one that created your god and the universe to see if people would foolishly follow the lesser god.

Ambiguity? I think not. In His creation of the world, God has not forced anything on us. God created everything for a purpose, to include us. When we are born, He has a purpose for our life. He leads us, He does not force us to do anything. He gave us free will. He presented opportunities for us in life and we are able to either accept or reject those opportunities, by our own choice. Free will. God does know how and what we will do in this world. If we follow Him and keep His commandments, He has promised us a wonderful life in the next world. If you refuse to accept Him, He will not force Himself on you. He will give you every opportunity to repent of your sins and come to Him. But you have to come to Him voluntarily, not by force. If you refuse, there is a penalty for your refusal. God will not have caused the punishment, you will have freely chosen the punishment by your denial of Him. That, old son, is free will. Never think that God is a powerless entity. You, as many others, are plagued with the inability to comprehend God and His magnificence. Even the most staunch believers do not have that ability, only the ability to know He is there and we want to be with Him.

Ambiguity? I think not. In His creation of the world, God has not forced anything on us. God created everything for a purpose, to include us. When we are born, He has a purpose for our life. He leads us, He does not force us to do anything. He gave us free will. He presented opportunities for us in life and we are able to either accept or reject those opportunities, by our own choice. Free will. God does know how and what we will do in this world. If we follow Him and keep His commandments, He has promised us a wonderful life in the next world. If you refuse to accept Him, He will not force Himself on you. He will give you every opportunity to repent of your sins and come to Him. But you have to come to Him voluntarily, not by force. If you refuse, there is a penalty for your refusal. God will not have caused the punishment, you will have freely chosen the punishment by your denial of Him. That, old son, is free will. Never think that God is a powerless entity. You, as many others, are plagued with the inability to comprehend God and His magnificence. Even the most staunch believers do not have that ability, only the ability to know He is there and we want to be with Him.
Complete gibberish. Circular dribble.

A universe created by n all powerful all knowing god cannot have created entities with free will.

No amount of nonsensical merry-go-round spewing is going to change that.

I know there is no evidence.... and with hundreds of millions of people seeking evidence over the centuries and coming up empty... what conclusion should any rational person come to?
Depends on what some would call rational. I believe that mankind knows very little about their own existential being. In fact people, as a species, are pretty ignorant. Everyone thinks they're smart and thinks others not much so. Kind of human nature I guess. But we should be humbled by how little we do know about our world. Thus lack of evidence on either side shouldn't be the measuring stick. We only know what we've discovered. I once read that science has identified 10%-12% of the infectious agents that live in our world. How do they know that? How could they quantify what they haven't discovered. I read that there were no mountain lions in the Eastern U.S. other than FL. How would anyone know that? How does one count "no" mountain lions. If the natural world is really our God and one believes in the natural world, then they've found their own form of God.

Worried more about what they don't believe about others beliefs.. like that is some big deal!

But believe in 678,823 babies crushed and flushed from a mothers womb to date this year. #babyparts

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

I don't see it as a Christian nation anymore with all the immorality, greed, premarital sex, homosexuality, hate, mostly empty churches, etc.

Complete gibberish. Circular dribble.

A universe created by n all powerful all knowing god cannot have created entities with free will.

No amount of nonsensical merry-go-round spewing is going to change that.

I think you know the truth about the existence of God and that it is not gibberish. That is why you fight so hard to deny Him. If you didn't truly believe, you wouldn't even bother to comment. Deny all you want. One day you will know the truth and you will be totally surprised and you will not be able to plead ignorance then.

I don't see it as a Christian nation anymore with all the immorality, greed, premarital sex, homosexuality, hate, mostly empty churches, etc.
Regardless of what America once was, present day America is a FULL FLEDGED PAGAN NATION in total rebellion against God, RIPE for JUDGMENT.

~ Things Are Going To Get Very Ugly, Very Soon ~
MARANATHA! :victory:​

It was prophesied, that in the time preceding the "calling up" (Rapture) , there would be a
"great falling away of the church". We are definitely in the "End Times". I personally feel this will happen before 2018, give or take a year, but not sure. Just have a feeling.

Mwhals,
Everything that the Bible says in Timothy 2:3 isn't happening this very day. It also says in the Bible that non-believer will be blinded to the truth, as proven by a few people on this very thread.

It was prophesied, that in the time preceding the "calling up" (Rapture) , there would be a
"great falling away of the church". We are definitely in the "End Times". I personally feel this will happen before 2018, give or take a year, but not sure. Just have a feeling.
Link Removed

Every generation that has ever lived, Timothy 2:3 applied to them. Seems like a convenient way to keep all the sheep in line to me.

Every generation that has ever lived, Timothy 2:3 applied to them. Seems like a convenient way to keep all the sheep in line to me.

We know exactly by your understanding of Timothy 2: 3. You would be better off to just mimic the local jester and your unbelief 😮 Next you will tell us killing babies is a good thing! Keep them in line as well. Dead

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back