America is a Christian Nation

Debray

America is a Christian Nation

When President Obama said we are not a Christian Nation, evidently he doesn't understand the founding of our Country, or is it just wishful thinking?

The Muslim calendar is not dated from the birth of Christ, but from the year in which Muhammad emigrated from Mecca to Medina, the journey known as the Hijra. For Muslim nations, the system is Anno Hegirae ("in the year of the Hijra"). For Muslims, the current year is 1432 AH. So in Arab countries, the current year is not 2010 AD (after the death of our Lord), it's the year 1432AH.

Because they are not Christian nations.

On our currency we have “In God We Trust”

Every time you date a check, pick up a newspaper, or pull a dollar from your wallet in the United States, you bear witness to the spiritual origins of our country.

America is a Christian nation.

Republican President Abraham Lincoln in dedicating the military cemetery at Gettysburg said, "we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Matthew 24-9 “ye shall be hated of all Nations for my name’s sake”

When I went to school we started everyday with the Lord’s Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance.

The Demoralization of America is a plan not an accident.

Chuck White
Knoxville

This is part of what you had posted in another thread...and it still rings true!

"The problems we face in this America and Western Society in general.
We have raised a generation of weak minded people.
People who have nothing better to do than to look to how the whole world has hurt their feelings.
People who are constantly looking for a fight, seeking to silence anyone who does not accept every view as valid."

Even when it goes against everything our country was founded on...

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

If "AD" is after death...what is "BC"?

I think you have some years mixed up...and acronyms...

*hint: anno domini*

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

1st Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.

"Founded" and "is" are different. The country was founded by believers, but the country isn't any specific religion.

I believe this is what our country was founded on!

If you do not believe the same....that is your choice.

James Madison
The Father of the Constitution

“We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We’ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity…to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.” [1778 to the General Assembly of the State of Virginia]

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Yes. I believe our calendar starts with the birth, not the death, of Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chen: The abbreviations mean: A.D.: Anno Domini, a specified year of the Christen Era, after the birth of Christ; B. C.: Years before birth of Christ; and now B.C.E.: Before Common Era, used especially by non-Christians in these latter days.

Chen: The abbreviations mean: A.D.: Anno Domini, a specified year of the Christen Era, after the birth of Christ; B. C.: Years before birth of Christ; and now B.C.E.: Before Common Era, used especially by non-Christians in these latter days.

I know I was hoping they would figure it out...

I believe this is what our country was founded on!

If you do not believe the same....that is your choice.

Then they should have documented that, but since they didn't it is clear they were concerned about freedom from England than their beliefs.

The SCOTUS continues to tell believers that they do NOT have the right to impose their beliefs upon others, even if it is in your rule book. Slaves, women's rights, racism, inter-racial marriage, SSM, all from the bible, all struck down by the courts interpretation of the Constitution.

Then they should have documented that,

President George Washington believed the fate of the new country rested in its citizens’ fidelity to God. That is why he dedicated America to God.

“Washington: A Man of Prayer, 2014″ commemorates the events of April 30, 1789, when, after being sworn in at Federal Hall, President Washington, accompanied by Congress, proceeded to St. Paul’s Chapel where, as one of his first official acts, the president offered a prayer of dedication to God on America’s behalf.

[James Madison
The Father of the Constitution

“We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it.

We’ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity…to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.”

[1778 to the General Assembly of the State of Virginia][/QUOTE]

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.

Patrick Henry

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.

Patrick Henry
Yea, that's not in the founding documents either.

Then there is all those annoying rulings by the SCOTUS as they continues to tell believers that they do NOT have the right to impose their beliefs upon others, even if it is in your rule book. Slaves, women's rights, racism, inter-racial marriage, SSM, all from the bible, all struck down by the courts interpretation of the Constitution.

Then they should have documented that...
The Declaration of Independence: A Transcription

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights....................

Founded by persons who valued God and their belief in God. The first amendment also acknowledges the validity of belief in any God. Otherwise there would be no religious wording at all in the bill of rights.

I know I'm new here but I've been reading for a while. Why such a rabid response to anything "God?" It's like some anti-religion crazy attacking everyone and anything "God." Did something happen to you that caused you to hate religion? It's one thing to be an atheist, it's another to hate religion to the point where one feels they must slap anyone who makes a religious comment.

The Declaration of Independence: A Transcription

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights....................

Founded by persons who valued God and their belief in God. The first amendment also acknowledges the validity of belief in any God. Otherwise there would be no religious wording at all in the bill of rights.

I know I'm new here but I've been reading for a while. Why such a rabid response to anything "God?" It's like some anti-religion crazy attacking everyone and anything "God." Did something happen to you that caused you to hate religion? It's one thing to be an atheist, it's another to hate religion to the point where one feels they must slap anyone who makes a religious comment.

TroutKing, Good stuff! And you make a very good point.

Nature's god .. ah yes, the birds and the bees.

However the Supreme Court's interpretation continues to rule that the "rules" from the bible may not be imposed on everyone through civil law. And you should be damn grateful for that, least you find yourself living under Muslim sharia laws. The Constitution protects all, even through religions continue to discriminate against many.

And "creator", the theory of evolution wouldn't come along for nearly 100 years, a long held ignorance from people that didn't understand where the sun went at night.

Nature's god .. ah yes, the birds and the bees.

However the Supreme Court's interpretation continues to rule that the "rules" from the bible may not be imposed on everyone through civil law. And you should be damn grateful for that, least you find yourself living under Muslim sharia laws. The Constitution protects all, even through religions continue to discriminate against many.

And "creator", the theory of evolution wouldn't come along for nearly 100 years, a long held ignorance from people that didn't understand where the sun went at night.
The only God that exists regardless of religion is nature's God. He is one and the same by all names. Some call him nature, some call him God, some call him Allah (Arabic word for God) or Christ (which means Messiah -or- God). If we change federal law to defines God as any deity, including nature, that anyone believes-in, would you believe in God? Do you believe in nature? Would would an atheist do? He would have no further argument.

The only God that exists regardless of religion is nature's God. He is one and the same by all names. Some call him nature, some call him God, some call him Allah (Arabic word for God) or Christ (which means Messiah -or- God). If we change federal law to defines God as any deity, including nature, that anyone believes-in, would you believe in God? Do you believe in nature? Would would an atheist do? He would have no further argument.

Would not change my beliefs in the slightest, no more than you would change allegiance from your god to the muslim god, and cause you to give up bacon, alcohol, football, etc.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back