Votes: 17 45.9%
  • One

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Two or more

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vn6869

FOR NON-LEO's (sorry, this is for my own decision making process)

I'm curious how many CCL's carry one or more backup gun(s).
I'm referring to actually carrying, not what is in your vehicle, wife's purse, etc., but actually on your person.
I presume most carry a knife.

When the weather is cooler and easy to conceal more than one I almost always carry a bug. In hotter weather sometimes.

Frankly the chance of a civilian using even their main carry is pretty small, I've never seen the need for one. Being an LEO would be a big difference however.

Frankly the chance of a civilian using even their main carry is pretty small, I've never seen the need for one. Being an LEO would be a big difference however.

There's always a chance, which is why I carry a bug. Do we all have a spare tire in our vehichles?

There's always a chance, which is why I carry a bug. Do we all have a spare tire in our vehichles?

Exactly. Murphy's law dictates that a back up is a good idea. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I usually have my Kahr CW9 in a Galco ankle holster as a BUG. If it's extremely hot outside, the Kahr becomes my only carry piece in an IWB holster. I also carry 2 tactical folding knives.

If you've lived amongst the gang infested crud in Los Angeles for over 48 years like I did, without the right to CCW and never experienced the need to have a gun, you'll realize simply exercising that right is precious but it doesn't change the fact it's pretty rare for anyone to ever need a gun. Yes it does happen, but you can only live scared so much in life. Approx. 15,000+ people killed last year by drunk drivers could have survived by never using an automobile, but really....

If loading up for bear while roaming the streets of your town makes you feel safer, by all means continue. Bottom line is I feel safe enough with one gun, thank you very much, and is why I voted in the poll as I did.

There's always a chance your main will fail. And there is always a chance your BUG will fail. And your second BUG. And your third. Point being is the need for even one is pretty remote and I risk much more just by driving down the street, catching the swine flu, or slipping in the tub.

Here in PRMI, My CPL says..."This license allows the licensee to carry a pistol...." I never put a lot of thought into carrying a second sidearm. If I could, I'd opt for a hammerless 6 shooter.

Number of BUG's

Just one.. Revolver.. No need to remember to "off" the safety.. No need to remember if round is in the chamber.. Missfire... Pull trigger again... Missfire.. Pull trigger again. Bang will occur at some point...
Knife is backup I guess if gun fails completly... Yikes Hate to think that will ever happen...:fie:

Sometimes if Im going through a not so nice area or if Im just too lazy to throw my BUG in my safe before i go out ill keep it in my pocket, usually however I only have my primary

I carry a bug...if nothing else to arm someone else if need be.......

Now there's an idea. Generally, the only places where I would go that I can CC is out of the state of Il and I generally go with someone, wife, daughter, friend. :yes2:

If you've lived amongst the gang infested crud in Los Angeles for over 48 years like I did, without the right to CCW and never experienced the need to have a gun, you'll realize simply exercising that right is precious but it doesn't change the fact it's pretty rare for anyone to ever need a gun. Yes it does happen, but you can only live scared so much in life. Approx. 15,000+ people killed last year by drunk drivers could have survived by never using an automobile, but really.

THANK YOU.

view for free system

I don't think carrying a bug is living scared. Just living smart. The liberal left think carrying any gun is living scared. Some might think locking all your doors and windows is living scared. Most would say it is living smart. I really do not care how many guns someone else carries. They can carry none if they want to but that does not make them smarter or braver than anyone else. It might make them deader however. IMHO.

My "BUG" is a Model 49 Bodyguard, by S & W.
I carry my main gun IWB on my right side,and my "BUG" in my left front pocket in a pocket holster.
I do not like ankle holsters because I think they are too slow to get to, and you have to bend over to get to it.
That's just my opinion though.

Steve...

I carry a bug...if nothing else to arm someone else if need be.......
That's good and bad in some cases. Gotta be someone who you trust.. I could just see the headlines now... "Man shot by friend with own back up gun"... I know it's not funny but, had to be said.. :laugh:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back