Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Very bad idea; never advertise...

That's just like putting a sign on your car that says, "Rip me off!" Never advertise you're armed or own firearms. The only time you should advertise is to your elected officials. I don't even have NRA instructor decals on my vehicles. I do have them on my instructor binder and bags that are locked up out of sight.

As a data point, if you have a NV CFP, it is tied to everything in NV. Your plates, DL, everything. So if the registered owner of a vehicle also shows up as a possible CFP holder, it pops up. It wouldn't surprise me if your LVMPD blue cards are also somehow tied to your DL or plates.

Your UT CFP is also tied to your UT DL and plates as well.

Got a big dawg bowl on the front porch that says killer on it.
Faking you have a dog in your yard is a very good way to make your home a less desirable target for burglary or home invasion. If you want to get more fancy, you could rig up dog barking sound effects to motion sensors and take some neighbor's dog feces and leave the land mines strategically placed in your yard. Better yet, be a foster pet owner or pet sit for a friend for a brief period of time to give your yard that "lived in" look. Many animal shelters do have a foster pet owner program. If you can afford to and can properly take care of a dog they are one of the best criminal deterrents systems out there. They don't want any unauthorized persons in their yard any more than you want them in your home.

Ditto about giving the BG info about your car. There are 'no-carry' places in this country--meaning you had to leave your weapon in the car at that location. Also, in a state where anyone can have a gun in their vehicle, such a decal indicates which vehicle should be robbed first.

And don't forget what you may run into when entering assorted Federal Parks or Forests in certain locations... I don't know what kind of grief that might bring at the wrong gate at the wrong time... because many Park entrances are in some cases miles past the actual boundary of the Park, ie, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon...

You could be on Federal Grasslands and not even know it.

And don't forget what you may run into when entering assorted Federal Parks or Forests in certain locations... I don't know what kind of grief that might bring at the wrong gate at the wrong time... because many Park entrances are in some cases miles past the actual boundary of the Park, ie, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon...

You could be on Federal Grasslands and not even know it.

WOW, that is a very good point! Really Good.:icon_great:

They already know.

:03:I think putting anything that lets people know your armed is a real problem, thats why they called it concelled.
As far as letting the police know, well if they go to pull you over once they run your tags it gives them that information, I know that for a fact I have two sons that are police officers. As advised by both sons is that if your pulled over and have your weapon on you just open your window put both hands on the steering wheel and and advise him or her that you have a concealed weapon.

Concealed is concealed , no gun signs .

If ya live out in the country and don't want people lurking around;
A sign posted in your yard ,' Wildlife sanctuary ; danger- rattle snake area - protective boots and chaps suggested in this area ! Not responsible for accidents ' . If any service people get worried you can tell them you just went thru and picked up the snakes and let them go about a 100 yards away and they should be safe for a few hours. Tell them you don't like killing any of God's creatures , but if they have to it's OK. Sometimes ya just gotta be creative

Last edited:
Decal

I have never seen that decal before, but I wouldn't use it or put one on my vehicle.
I have a NRA decal on the side window of my car and the last time I got pulled over the cop became a complete Jerk because "You know your rights, huh!" I guess sometimes things like this can be bad, sometimes good. Most officers would probably respect the NRA decal, only a few would act asinine about it. It comes down to whether or not having any type of decal would be beneficial, in each individuals case, as to if you do or do not
display one. Just be aware of both pros and cons. My last treatment was criminal in my book. I have left the NRA sticker in that window. It comes down to your choice.

Ditto about giving the BG info about your car. There are 'no-carry' places in this country--meaning you had to leave your weapon in the car at that location. Also, in a state where anyone can have a gun in their vehicle, such a decal indicates which vehicle should be robbed first.

What about a placard that you could display while driving but take down upon exiting your vehicle? When you are driving through a bad "hood", it can serve as a warning which effectively says -- "carjacking will be met with deadly force". Once you park your car, take the placard down so that your car isn't a target.

What about a placard that you could display while driving but take down upon exiting your vehicle? When you are driving through a bad "hood", it can serve as a warning which effectively says -- "carjacking will be met with deadly force". Once you park your car, take the placard down so that your car isn't a target.

I never been a carjacker so can not say from experience but if I saw a sign like that I don't know that it would stop me. I might just decide to be the first to do the shooting. I prefer to go incognito. I want the element of surprise to be on my side.

it can serve as a warning which effectively says -- "carjacking will be met with deadly force".
I'd bet it would serve some as another kind of alert...

"Yo, Baby!! A Car AND a Gun! JACKPOT!!"

Why would you seek to challenge the depths of someone's stupidity?

I never been a carjacker so can not say from experience but if I saw a sign like that I don't know that it would stop me. I might just decide to be the first to do the shooting. I prefer to go incognito. I want the element of surprise to be on my side.

+1 , I don't want no 'target' on me. Jacker may be looking for a new gun and sees you have one so shoots ya to get it!

For those absolutely determined to make it painfully obvious to the entire world that they have a gun, it is unlikely that they can be helped.

Go ahead and attract all the carjackers, muggers, thugs and LEOs to yourself, and away from me. You may also make a good test case, so make sure you get a good lawyer. I look forward to reading the score in Westlaw.

For those absolutely determined to make it painfully obvious to the entire world that they have a gun, it is unlikely that they can be helped.

Go ahead and attract all the carjackers, muggers, thugs and LEOs to yourself, and away from me. You may also make a good test case, so make sure you get a good lawyer. I look forward to reading the score in Westlaw.

+1 I've got one thing to say about these folks "Can you say Mall Ninja?"

MallNinja.jpg

gf

Thats the way I felt when I drove an armored truck. Big sign on side LOTS OF MONEY--most robberies were inside jobs

Thats the way I felt when I drove an armored truck. Big sign on side LOTS OF MONEY--most robberies were inside jobs
Armored cars were the first type of specific vehicle that I learned to spot. I could recognize what I called "money trucks" at age 2 or 3. Very nondescript, since it looks like a rolling bank vault.

It seems like if they actually wanted to keep from getting robbed, armored car companies would make the vans look anonymous and when possible pick up the money in a very low-profile way. Apparently that's not their goal.

Armored cars were the first type of specific vehicle that I learned to spot. I could recognize what I called "money trucks" at age 2 or 3. Very nondescript, since it looks like a rolling bank vault.

It seems like if they actually wanted to keep from getting robbed, armored car companies would make the vans look anonymous and when possible pick up the money in a very low-profile way. Apparently that's not their goal.

Great point!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back