• 56 to 60

Votes: 45 12.2%
  • 61 to 65

Votes: 47 12.7%
  • 66+

Votes: 44 11.9%

• Total voters
I'm getting old!! I'll be 30 in nine months and one day. :cray:

Kimber, God bless you. I've been 30 TWICE! :sarcastic: Turning 40 was my downer, until my wise husband said, "There is only ONE alternative to turning 40..." I quickly got his message and decided that being 40 was certainly preferable to being "done". :biggrin:

Well I guess if average life expectancy is close to 80, (78.4 latest poll) I'm just past the 50 yard line... Ughhhh Middle age. 41 to 45...

Peace...

Wait'll you start saying things like: "Well, if the average life expectancy is 78, then I have 20 summers left". Then, you can start crying. :to_pick_ones_nose: However, with my rotten disposition, I'm sure to outlive most of you, as, of course, only the good die young. :biggrin:

Kimber, God bless you. I've been 30 TWICE! :sarcastic: Turning 40 was my downer, until my wise husband said, "There is only ONE alternative to turning 40..." I quickly got his message and decided that being 40 was certainly preferable to being "done". :biggrin:

My wife is 23 months older than me. Leading up to my thirtieth birthday, she started dropping comments like, "Guess who will be 30 in two months?" and basically counted down until following a comment about my birthday in 2 weeks, I pointed out that SHE would be 32 in 6 weeks. She hasn't said a thing about my age since.

I'm getting old!! I'll be 30 in nine months and one day. :cray:

Kimber I still remember to this day bemoaning to a friend of mine a couple days before my 30th birthday that it was about to happen. The thing I remember most about number 40 was that I remembered what I had said about number 30 and that it seemed just like a couple days before that it had happened. I have sense had the big 50 and now the big 60 come and go and that little thing about 30 still seems like it just happened. Enjoy everyday of your life because it accelerates like mad from here on out. By the way I hope I have not depressed you to much with this bit of news.:biggrin: By the way I now know what the scripture means when it says our life is like a vapor.

It is rather astonishing how fast life passes, is it not? You youngsters take heed, the elders are passing on knowledge here (and stop rolling your eyes!).

Kimber I still remember to this day bemoaning to a friend of mine a couple days before my 30th birthday that it was about to happen. The thing I remember most about number 40 was that I remembered what I had said about number 30 and that it seemed just like a couple days before that it had happened. I have sense had the big 50 and now the big 60 come and go and that little thing about 30 still seems like it just happened. Enjoy everyday of your life because it accelerates like mad from here on out. By the way I hope I have not depressed you to much with this bit of news.:biggrin: By the way I now know what the scripture means when it says our life is like a vapor.

It is rather astonishing how fast life passes, is it not? You youngsters take heed, the elders are passing on knowledge here (and stop rolling your eyes!).

Well, thanks guys now I really feel depressed! Guess I'll have to go buy a new gun to cheer me up! lol :biggrin:

I must have been real depressed on Saturday.... I bought two guns :)

Now you are beginning to depress me. It has been several months sense my last purchase. Guess I will have to get on the ball.:biggrin:

My wife mentioned once that I spend a lot of money on guns and ammo. My response was that I could be spending money on women and booze, take your pick. She laughed, saying that if I could find someone else who would put up with all the bs from an old, bald, grouchy, biker type, then go for it. That really depressed me, so I bought a Taurus 1911. So there.

I would say it looks at this time like about half still fairly young and the other half geezers like myself.:biggrin:

Well, you're not the only geezer here :biggrin: The only thing wrong with being a geezer is that body parts have a tendency to start being troublesome....:frown:

30 got to me. That was the first birthday granny didn't send me a card with five bucks in it. I wished she wouldn't, I had a lot more five dollar bills than her. At 40 I started thinking I might actually know some crap; I liked 40. Kimber's got the right idea: screw it, go buy a new gun. Oh and, 45.

The largest group is my age group - 56-60. In fact us AARP-eligible members (over 55) account for nearly half of the respondents.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back