Votes: 39 10.5%
  • 56 to 60

Votes: 45 12.2%
  • 61 to 65

Votes: 47 12.7%
  • 66+

Votes: 44 11.9%

• Total voters
I couldn't vote in this poll because there wasn't any "So old he farts dust." catagory...

How old am I? I was by the pool the other day and someone complimented me on my Alligator shoes. I was barefoot. Nuff said.

Those People Who Will Not Be Governed By God Will Be Ruled By Tyrants.
~William Penn ~​

you mean like "shotcoming" ^ ? :biggrin:

Graduated high school, and radio school, and jump school, and was a journeyman tool and die maker for 18 years, and worked in nursing at the VA for 10 years......... I spell incorrectly when it suits my point, but I have to pass a test for no one.... any more.......
Look in the mirror Sir and congratulations, you found the error that at least proves you know how to spell.

I would venture to guess that I'm probably one of the younger members here. I'm 32.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4

Looks like we need to get the younger generations involved with hunting. Those of us who have grown up on farms have been handling guns since we were big enough to hold a rifle. My first experience was using my dad's big Mauser .22 cal to hunt rabbits. When I was 8 my folks gave me a .22 cal air rifle. I don't remember how old I was at the time, but Dad bought my older brother and I bolt action Remington Nylon 22's when they first came out. Of course he bought the Nylon 66 semi-auto for himself, but I still have that Nylon 22 and it has seen a lot of action over its lifetime. Dad died on March 22 of this year, and I was proud to receive his Nylon 66. There were winters when I was growing up when the only meat we had came from the rabbits we shot with those 22's. I made sure that my kids, both boys and both girls, knew how to handle a gun safely. The boys still enjoy hunting pheasants every fall. Like me, they earned the right to hunt with a shotgun by being the bird dogs when they were younger. Most city kids don't know what they are missing, and we need to do everything we can to establish a love for gun sports. When I was young every family gathering included plinking cans with the 22's, and big and small alike got to show their skills. It's good to see my kids competing against each other now when they come to visit, and it won't be long before their kids will be big enough to take their turn. God bless America, and God bless our 2nd Amendment rights. We need to ever defend it because there are too many that would like to take our guns away.

Just don't mention to your wife while helping to change the oil in your truck one day that the oil pan that you using is older than she is. She got me a new one the next day.

I don't mean to get this off topic, however, it got me to thinking about the different age groups. I've always had a gun close by since I was sixteen. I'm in the 65+ group and I carry constantly now since I'm at a point in my life where the infringements on my freedom bother me more than the consequences of rejecting those infringements. Younger folks may have more to lose by following the same beliefs. I guess my question is "what motivates the different age groups to carry"?

Okay, I turn 64 on the 13th. Last week Cabela's had their 1911s on sale so I went in to get a Ruger SR1911, but I was an hour late. They had 12 in stock when the sale started. Sadly I went home with a Remington 1911 R1, which I discovered is a fun pistol to shoot. The kid who sold me my 1911 said they would be getting in 22 SR1911s probably on Monday so I drove the 100 miles to Cabela's again Monday afternoon and was surprised, but pleased, to learn that the only one left was the display. Thank you, Jesus, for not allowing me to go home discouraged again. But now I have to figure out which one is my birthday present. Of course, if Mama finds out I bought two 1911s in less than a week I might not make it to 64.

Worst year would have to be 30. That's when the cow attacked me and took out my right knee. I hobbled around on it for another 30 years before I finally convinced my knee doctor to replace it. Now I need the left one replaced because I wore it out favoring the right one for those 30 years. Word to you young ones, take care of your body; you only have one and it needs to last you a lifetime. When you're under 40 you think you're invincible -- you aren't, trust me.

I voted in the 66+ group and somebody wondered why we carry, don't know about the rest of you but I'm to old and slow to out run anyone, or go bare knuckles with them, so I guess I carry in the hopes that if worse comes to worse I can pull and fire the gun with the hopes of scaring the crap out of them so I can make an escape. Now if you believe that I have some swamp land For Sale as prime real estate.

I voted in the 66+ group and somebody wondered why we carry, don't know about the rest of you but I'm to old and slow to out run anyone, or go bare knuckles with them, so I guess I carry in the hopes that if worse comes to worse I can pull and fire the gun with the hopes of scaring the crap out of them so I can make an escape. Now if you believe that I have some swamp land For Sale as prime real estate.

It's better than letting a couple of punks show you how vulnerable you are, especially if you're an old cripple like me. In the three months since that happened my pistol collection went from one to seven. While I will still back away from a similar situation, now I'll back away with my hand on a gun.

bo_leggs - don't rally know your conditions but arthritis has taken it's toll on me and I don't really want to shoot anyone but if it comes down to me or them I'm sure going to try and make it them.

I think this is an excellent question. There exists significant differences in opinions, not only generationally, but even just 5 years. The older folks are usually more conservative. Viewpoints are based less on emotionalism and more on historical substance. Older folks are usually more historically, literate. Sorry to make us shine so much - oh, here's a bone for those who feel slighted - older folks can't stay awake as long pontificating on these forums.

Copy that, same here.
It's better than letting a couple of punks show you how vulnerable you are, especially if you're an old cripple like me. In the three months since that happened my pistol collection went from one to seven. While I will still back away from a similar situation, now I'll back away with my hand on a gun.

Don't forget, older folks have lived life, where as younger people have just been read about it or saw a TV show. It's called experience, and it is the best teacher. When younger people read or see something on TV or "the net", they don't get to see the consequences of the action, most of the time. Being aware of others is part of maturity.

Age doesn't matter...old people got us into this mess...young people don't care to fix it.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Howdy,

I guess I've never posted in this thread so here goes mine:

I'm in the 50-50 age group and will be 51 in May.

Paul

Nice that it was anonymous. But for me, it doesn’t matter. 50 in 6 more weeks.
It’s just a number anyway. Your only as young or old as you feel.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back