Will he carry 1 In the chamber NOW??

Unfortunately, too much of this thread comes off like a circle jerk for morons with guns; only, this time, the morons have really outdone themselves. Personally it scares the dickens out of me to think there are people like these out there, walking around freely among the general public, with C-1 pistols on their belts.

Because I don’t have to answer domestic disturbance calls, don’t have to restrain hostile drunks, or capture dopers, and don’t have to chase car thieves or bank robbers around all day long, what is the most dangerous thing I can do with a gun on my belt?

Well, ……… that would be for me to go to a public shooting range - That’s right, for me to go to a public shooting range! It’s while I’m at public shooting ranges that I, too often, seem to find myself wishing that, a lot earlier in life, I’d done something really smart like taking up golf, instead of guns, as an avocation.

I have to wonder what makes these C-1 carry gun clowns think they should be entitled to go about armed in the same manner as the police do? How many of these internet gun bozos are legitimate Police Academy graduates? How many have been rigorously trained in the skillful and proper use of a fully charged sidearm, as well as tested BEFORE being given civil license to move about in the midst of the general public while carrying an EDC pistol - Especially while that pistol is in the potentially volatile state of C-1 carry?

With the current proliferation of carry permits it's getting so that me and my C-3 pistol can't go to a public shooting range anymore without running into, at least, one of these: highly overconfident, grossly opinionated, largely unskilled, and phenomenally untalented, C-1 gun carriers - You know, just like the people who've, so far, been responding to this thread. Frankly, I get sick and tired of having to, so often, step aside and duck the carelessly pointed muzzles of so many C-1, 'gunfighter wannabees'.

The fact remains that the vast majority of these C-1 pistol carriers are as much a danger to themselves and - especially to - those around them as they might ever be to an occasional bad guy. You know whom I’m talking about, right! That bad guy most civilians go from cradle-to-grave without ever having to encounter. For THIS I’ve got to be constantly ducking other people’s muzzles and gun jams as well as putting up with these (ever popular) accidental discharges.

(What’s the very first thing the C-1 gun schmuck to the right of you on a firing line will do the moment his pistol jams? Come on, think real hard! He’ll lower that C-1 pistol; and, if he’s right-handed, he’ll point that horizontal muzzle to his left, AND DIRECTLY AT YOUR BODY, while he tries to figure out what’s wrong with his fully charged pistol! Now, who honestly believes that a C-1 gun bozo like this is going to behave any differently while he’s out on the street and moving around with the general public? I know I certainly don’t.)

To bring (what I am sure) will be only a brief moment of sanity to this subject, the road-rage incident described in this thread is not actually about a C-3 misadventure with a pistol. Instead, it’s about exactly what I’m pointing out - An astonishing failure in individual firearms training and skillful pistol handling technique; and, to a lesser degree, obviously ineffective (and, I suspect, even careless) methods of applied personal defense.

For now I’ll leave the obvious mistakes with personal self-defense alone, though, because knowing confrontational redirection and clever evasion are not the primary subjects of this reply. Neither does a thread like this (along with the inevitable C-1 cowboy responses that are always invoked) do anything credible for the usefulness of any gun forum on which this stuff is presented.

As far as this very well trained AND highly skilled C-3 gunman is concerned, another individual has to be one world-class internet gun bozo before he goes, ‘on the air’ to so loudly proclaim that his C-1 gun handling skills and interpersonal confrontational techniques are so much better than anybody else’s preferred method of C-3 carry. The undisputable fact is that C-3 carry has saved, and continues to save, countless civilian and military lives - The only thing that isn’t certain is exactly how many lives C-3 carry has saved; however, on a worldwide scale, the number of souls who’ve been able to avoid serious mishap because of using a C-3 semiautomatic sidearm has to be quite large.

In my opinion some of you guys really ought to cut it out. Stop dumping so vociferously on C-3 carry before some gullible, ‘twit with a gun’ decides that the only way to ever become a man is to imitate one of these C-1 gun carrying clowns and ends up shooting himself or, worse, someone else.

Just for the record: I have no problem with the police or other highly trained and equally well skilled pistoleros carrying their semiautomatic weapons in C-1. Instead, it’s C-1 gun carriers with attitudes like many of those who’ve previously responded to this thread that genuinely worry me the most.

You callin me a bozo because I had a silly dream? Btw told my tl about that dream and he said it was bad joojoo. Put me on admin for 2 weeks until his bad feeling went away. Stay on the lighter side sir. And stay away from ranges where you get flagged by someone's barrel.

Its a shame you put so much time and effort into such an ignorant & inflammatory post. +1 to the OP ... always keep one in the chamber.

Right! Very nice. Whenever you can't authentically attack the argument then always attack the man; however, you forgot to say, 'IN MY OPINION'. (Which, quite frankly, I am a lot more willing to allow you than you have been to show me the same courtesy.)

The problem with your whole story is that millions carry in Condition 1 every day without problems. C3 is a name for a Sig Sauer C3 Revolution 1911 style gun. And I carry my C3 in Condition 1 safely.

True! However, lots of people have not made, do not make, AND will not make it through the day without having a serious problem with their C-1 carry pistols.

My problem is with this part of your rant:

"Just for the record: I have no problem with the police or other highly trained and equally well skilled pistoleros carrying their semiautomatic weapons in C-1. Instead, it’s C-1 gun carriers with attitudes like many of those who’ve previously responded to this thread that genuinely worry me the most."

What makes you think ALL police are highly trained? I am not saying police are not trained however I am a former police instructor and while I was in Va. I can give you two examples.
1) I remember doing the qualifications for one counties jail guards. At the range one had a jam and no one knew how to take down the new Glock 17's.
( I guess New Glock 17's ages me here)

2) This one was in the early 1990's so the laws may have changed. Each county had different requirements as to the testing for a cwp. One county next to mine had a simple written test with no range time. The county I lived in had a range test, and during that test you had to shoot 100% to get your CWP. Thing is LEO used the same test range and took the same test and they had to shoot 70% to pass. So the citizens were more qualified than the LEO. Also this was not around D.C> or Richmond this was a rural county with a population of less than 6,000 ( Six thousand) at that time.

I agree with the statements about being swept at the range and have posted on this before. I always check first , if I feel the people are being unsafe I will return another day.Also If I have a class there and we have to wait for a range , I have the students watch what people are doing and see if they can point out any unsafe acts. I use it as a teaching tool. Sometimes I have pointed out to fellow shooters what they might want to watch out for, sometimes they listen other times they have that know-it-all attitude. Problem is people get to complacent and forget the rules. Also , no matter how much experience you have ; you can always learn more including myself.I've seen too many times lately the macho boyfriend taking his girlfriend to the range to fire his 40 or 45 for the first time. And its clear she has never handled a gun before because she does not know how to hold it much less the three basic rules:

Keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
Keep the gun unloaded until ready to use
Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.

Always, Always carry condition one, in deference to the Police crowd maybe he should have called 911 and waited on police response. If you are assulting my family or myself you will have "ONE" big issue.

My problem is with this part of your rant: ......

Funny! It's not a, 'rant' unless you happen to disagree with it, pmb61. If an instructor has students who continue to demonstrate an individual propensity for screwing up then who do you think is (really) to blame?

I could never understand why anyone, Would carry a Sidearm, and not have a round in the Pipe.

If you are that concerned about safety, or accidental discharge you need to invest in a new weapon.

With all the new advances in safety these days on Handguns it doesnt make any sense what so ever not to carry in condition 1

If the fear of carry this way really bothers you, then maybe you need to ask yourself why you are Carry a Concealed weapon in the first place.

Im glad no- one was shot, or Killed, But honestly if this is how this gentlemen is going to Carry his weapon, he is better off carrying a BRICK.

Unfortunately, too much of this thread comes off like a circle jerk for morons with guns; only, this time, the morons have really outdone themselves. Personally it scares the dickens out of me to think there are people like these out there, walking around freely among the general public, with C-1 pistols on their belts.

Because I don’t have to answer domestic disturbance calls, don’t have to restrain hostile drunks, or capture dopers, and don’t have to chase car thieves or bank robbers around all day long, what is the most dangerous thing I can do with a gun on my belt?

Well, ……… that would be for me to go to a public shooting range - That’s right, for me to go to a public shooting range! It’s while I’m at public shooting ranges that I, too often, seem to find myself wishing that, a lot earlier in life, I’d done something really smart like taking up golf, instead of guns, as an avocation.

I have to wonder what makes these C-1 carry gun clowns think they should be entitled to go about armed in the same manner as the police do? How many of these internet gun bozos are legitimate Police Academy graduates? How many have been rigorously trained in the skillful and proper use of a fully charged sidearm, as well as tested BEFORE being given civil license to move about in the midst of the general public while carrying an EDC pistol - Especially while that pistol is in the potentially volatile state of C-1 carry?

With the current proliferation of carry permits it's getting so that me and my C-3 pistol can't go to a public shooting range anymore without running into, at least, one of these: highly overconfident, grossly opinionated, largely unskilled, and phenomenally untalented, C-1 gun carriers - You know, just like the people who've, so far, been responding to this thread. Frankly, I get sick and tired of having to, so often, step aside and duck the carelessly pointed muzzles of so many C-1, 'gunfighter wannabees'.

The fact remains that the vast majority of these C-1 pistol carriers are as much a danger to themselves and - especially to - those around them as they might ever be to an occasional bad guy. You know whom I’m talking about, right! That bad guy most civilians go from cradle-to-grave without ever having to encounter. For THIS I’ve got to be constantly ducking other people’s muzzles and gun jams as well as putting up with these (ever popular) accidental discharges.

(What’s the very first thing the C-1 gun schmuck to the right of you on a firing line will do the moment his pistol jams? Come on, think real hard! He’ll lower that C-1 pistol; and, if he’s right-handed, he’ll point that horizontal muzzle to his left, AND DIRECTLY AT YOUR BODY, while he tries to figure out what’s wrong with his fully charged pistol! Now, who honestly believes that a C-1 gun bozo like this is going to behave any differently while he’s out on the street and moving around with the general public? I know I certainly don’t.)

To bring (what I am sure) will be only a brief moment of sanity to this subject, the road-rage incident described in this thread is not actually about a C-3 misadventure with a pistol. Instead, it’s about exactly what I’m pointing out - An astonishing failure in individual firearms training and skillful pistol handling technique; and, to a lesser degree, obviously ineffective (and, I suspect, even careless) methods of applied personal defense.

For now I’ll leave the obvious mistakes with personal self-defense alone, though, because knowing confrontational redirection and clever evasion are not the primary subjects of this reply. Neither does a thread like this (along with the inevitable C-1 cowboy responses that are always invoked) do anything credible for the usefulness of any gun forum on which this stuff is presented.

As far as this very well trained AND highly skilled C-3 gunman is concerned, another individual has to be one world-class internet gun bozo before he goes, ‘on the air’ to so loudly proclaim that his C-1 gun handling skills and interpersonal confrontational techniques are so much better than anybody else’s preferred method of C-3 carry. The undisputable fact is that C-3 carry has saved, and continues to save, countless civilian and military lives - The only thing that isn’t certain is exactly how many lives C-3 carry has saved; however, on a worldwide scale, the number of souls who’ve been able to avoid serious mishap because of using a C-3 semiautomatic sidearm has to be quite large.

In my opinion some of you guys really ought to cut it out. Stop dumping so vociferously on C-3 carry before some gullible, ‘twit with a gun’ decides that the only way to ever become a man is to imitate one of these C-1 gun carrying clowns and ends up shooting himself or, worse, someone else.

Just for the record: I have no problem with the police or other highly trained and equally well skilled pistoleros carrying their semiautomatic weapons in C-1. Instead, it’s C-1 gun carriers with attitudes like many of those who’ve previously responded to this thread that genuinely worry me the most.

Several points just so you know. A foolish person usually has a great deal to say and takes a long time to say it. Absolutely no one here is anywhere near as impressed with you as you are with yourself. Only a naive few, if any, believe your ridiculous claims as to what you can do with a weapon and a blindfold on (written in another thread) or your claims here. Only that same misguided minority believe there is any validity to your claimed expertise in weaponry. Your opinions are worth exactly the price of what they are written on (I remind you this is a digital medium) and only a fool would increase the level of a potential threat harming them by followiing your extremely flawed logic. The only "twit with a gun" is you and it is indeed unfortunate for the rest of us that you are allowed to have a weapon in your possesion other than a slingshot with weak bands. Please do the world a favor and fulfill your wish. Only don't take up golf in which you could also prove yourself a danger to others, take up the sport of badminton.

Please do everyone a favor and go to Home Depot, buy a ladder and proceed to get over yourself. There isn't a cross big enough in this world for you and it's already be used.

Excuse me Mr. Bad Guy, I need to chamber a round, put on my safety glasses and put in my hearing protection..Oh, almost forgot my shooting glove, that could have been bad. Okay I''m ready.

Thanks for the input there Mr High and Mighty. Great writing skills. Do you write for some liberal elitist magazine or College? I see you like to mention the condition to which people carry their weapons which lends reference to your being a cop, high ranking ex-military or heck maybe you are Pennsylvania / Government congressman or worked in the Judicial system that thinks that only highly trained professionals should carry guns. Whatever the case, maybe you should keep out of site 'cause we all are carrying C-1 brother.

Some of us are not "highly trained", but have had gun safety burned into our memory by our dad and other hunters/shooters since we were old enough to shoot a pellet gun. C1 all the way

Arc Angel you can wait on the highly trained police. You will be waiting an average of 23 minutes nationwide. I chose to carry condition one and have for over 25 years with complete safety, with carry comes great responsibility. I will also promise never to inflict my beliefs on you or your family nor will I aid or assist you in their defense, you have a cell phone you can use. Peace, Love, Colt 45, Condition 1.

...........Well, ……… that would be for me to go to a public shooting range - That’s right, for me to go to a public shooting range! It’s while I’m at public shooting ranges that I, too often, seem to find myself wishing that, a lot earlier in life, I’d done something really smart like taking up golf, instead of guns, as an avocation.

You are not dead yet, but maybe old :confused: ???? and being alive means you can still change your avocation and take up golf if that is what you want. It will be the same as saying "the higher up you go, the smaller your balls..." Go on, give up your gun, or better yet, sell it. Your life and your family's safety doesn't really mean anything to you, so why have it/them? Entertainment? Golf is better entertainment, believe me...!! for your kind anyway.

Don't worry about us here...we will survive happily without you. Go join a golf forum instead. We won't miss you...and when you go, we will all celebrate and have a drink.

Cheers...Drive safely. Don't let us get in your way.

The very first day I CCed I didn't have a round chambered. By the second day of CCing I realized how less-than-smart this was.

Chambered. No manual safety. I'm just a regular loose cannon! A real cowboy! YEE-HA! Giddyup ol' Paint!!

Funny how the "most dangerous place" Arc Angel goes is the shooting range... That's the place where people don't "carry" their guns... They go there to shoot their guns.... By definition this means that all guns on the firing line are condition-1..... If the rest of us were to sweep him with our muzzle in public the least of our worries would be whether the gun was condition-1. We would no doubt be worried about whether he was a threat to our lives or we would be worried about the "brandishing a firearm" charge...As a practical matter carrying with 1 in the chamber is a given, you're foolish to think that the most dangerous place to go is the shooting range... The reality being that the most dangerous place you are is the place where you feel safest because you no doubt have the attitude that it won't happen to me. If you feel like that they why carry at all?

Just want to add this... I know it was posted on this forum before but I couldn't find it to quote it.

Watch it and there is no more to be said!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syxrpLbaEuY&sns=em

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back