Will he carry 1 In the chamber NOW??

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
These are some people who're very fortunate not to be laying by the side of the road, dead from gunshot wounds.

Local road-rage incident down here. To make a long story short, the aggressor started pistol-whipping the driver. The passenger pulled his own pistol, aimed and......here's what happened:

"I was ready to shoot him and do everyone on earth a favor. I pulled the trigger, but realized I didn't have one in the chamber," said Caccavella, 54, of Lake Worth. "This could've ended really bad for everyone."

Could've ended really bad?? Yeah, that's a bit of an understatement. The article doesn't detail what happened after the "click=no bang" but apparently no shots were fired by anyone. The victim and the passenger are incredibly lucky that the perp didn't decide to "defend" himself by opening up on them! And the perp better be thankful that the...<ahem>..."shooter" let the heat of the moment get the better of his situational awareness. I wonder if ol' Yosemite Sam there will carry one in the chamber from now on?? Here's a link for those interested in reading the entire article:

Link Removed

Condition one all the way. I'm pretty confident had the pistol fired the incident would have been considered justified by the local police and DA.

This is why you carry with one in the pipe. To all you other carriers out there that don't, wake up and put one in the chamber! Next time this could be you.

We need to book mark this thread and post a link the next time (probably w/in a week) some Yo- Yo shows up asking if they should carry one in the chamber

We need to book mark this thread and post a link the next time (probably w/in a week) some Yo- Yo shows up asking if they should carry one in the chamber
It's not the one who asks that's the yo-yo.

It's the one who tells him "no".

Soooooo.... Anyone in here carry chambered. I was thinking it was not safe. Ok ok jk, but it's not safe.... For the bg who's about to be In a world of hurt thanks to mr 357 sig!!!!

I always have one in the chamber of my XDm. When I carry my 92FS its one in the chamber, hammer down, safety off.

A police officer would never carry a gun without one in the chamber because you do not know what can happen...

If you carry a firearm, you have made the decision it is a dangerous world. Don't make the mistake to think you can chamber a round quickly enough to protect yourself.

A man with a knife at around 7 yards away can cut you before you can draw your gun, aim and fire!

So how much more time would it take you to draw and chamber a round...

A police officer would never carry a gun without one in the chamber because you do not know what can happen...

If you carry a firearm, you have made the decision it is a dangerous world. Don't make the mistake to think you can chamber a round quickly enough to protect yourself.

A man with a knife at around 7 yards away can cut you before you can draw your gun, aim and fire!

So how much more time would it take you to draw and chamber a round...

This man speaks wisdom. Imagine trying to chamber a round while injured too. How slippery would it be if you had blood on your hands? Try practicing cycling the slide with vasoline on your hands. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best

Condition one all the way. I'm pretty confident had the pistol fired the incident would have been considered justified by the local police and DA.

Without question. Just by going on what the article says, this was textbook self defense. We've already had a couple of justifiable shootings recently that followed a similar script. The fact that the rager was also armed would have made it pretty open and shut.

Unfortunately this isn't the only story I've read where a victim pulls the trigger to no effect, either because the pistol wasn't charged or the safety was on.

Please don't post anymore stories unless there is bleeding involved. I don't want to read stories about people not being shot. Why the hell do you think we carry in the first place? :crazy_pilot:

Is there any other way to carry??? If you don't have one in the chamber just carry a brick in the holster , it will do more damage than throwing the gun at the perp.

Is there any other way to carry??? If you don't have one in the chamber just carry a brick in the holster , it will do more damage than throwing the gun at the perp.

Sorry ladies and gents I know I've posted a lot on this one but the brick in the holster reminded me of a dream I had.

Here goes :We came under attack while doing some psd work in Mexico. I reached to draw my sidearm and to fire and no click, no boom, it was a snickers!! The feeling in my stomach was horrible even when I woke up. Imagine how this guy felt.

Sorry ladies and gents I know I've posted a lot on this one but the brick in the holster reminded me of a dream I had.

Here goes :We came under attack while doing some psd work in Mexico. I reached to draw my sidearm and to fire and no click, no boom, it was a snickers!! The feeling in my stomach was horrible even when I woke up. Imagine how this guy felt.

Did you look like Betty White in your dream?

Unfortunately, too much of this thread comes off like a circle jerk for morons with guns; only, this time, the morons have really outdone themselves. Personally it scares the dickens out of me to think there are people like these out there, walking around freely among the general public, with C-1 pistols on their belts.

Because I don’t have to answer domestic disturbance calls, don’t have to restrain hostile drunks, or capture dopers, and don’t have to chase car thieves or bank robbers around all day long, what is the most dangerous thing I can do with a gun on my belt?

Well, ……… that would be for me to go to a public shooting range - That’s right, for me to go to a public shooting range! It’s while I’m at public shooting ranges that I, too often, seem to find myself wishing that, a lot earlier in life, I’d done something really smart like taking up golf, instead of guns, as an avocation.

I have to wonder what makes these C-1 carry gun clowns think they should be entitled to go about armed in the same manner as the police do? How many of these internet gun bozos are legitimate Police Academy graduates? How many have been rigorously trained in the skillful and proper use of a fully charged sidearm, as well as tested BEFORE being given civil license to move about in the midst of the general public while carrying an EDC pistol - Especially while that pistol is in the potentially volatile state of C-1 carry?

With the current proliferation of carry permits it's getting so that me and my C-3 pistol can't go to a public shooting range anymore without running into, at least, one of these: highly overconfident, grossly opinionated, largely unskilled, and phenomenally untalented, C-1 gun carriers - You know, just like the people who've, so far, been responding to this thread. Frankly, I get sick and tired of having to, so often, step aside and duck the carelessly pointed muzzles of so many C-1, 'gunfighter wannabees'.

The fact remains that the vast majority of these C-1 pistol carriers are as much a danger to themselves and - especially to - those around them as they might ever be to an occasional bad guy. You know whom I’m talking about, right! That bad guy most civilians go from cradle-to-grave without ever having to encounter. For THIS I’ve got to be constantly ducking other people’s muzzles and gun jams as well as putting up with these (ever popular) accidental discharges.

(What’s the very first thing the C-1 gun schmuck to the right of you on a firing line will do the moment his pistol jams? Come on, think real hard! He’ll lower that C-1 pistol; and, if he’s right-handed, he’ll point that horizontal muzzle to his left, AND DIRECTLY AT YOUR BODY, while he tries to figure out what’s wrong with his fully charged pistol! Now, who honestly believes that a C-1 gun bozo like this is going to behave any differently while he’s out on the street and moving around with the general public? I know I certainly don’t.)

To bring (what I am sure) will be only a brief moment of sanity to this subject, the road-rage incident described in this thread is not actually about a C-3 misadventure with a pistol. Instead, it’s about exactly what I’m pointing out - An astonishing failure in individual firearms training and skillful pistol handling technique; and, to a lesser degree, obviously ineffective (and, I suspect, even careless) methods of applied personal defense.

For now I’ll leave the obvious mistakes with personal self-defense alone, though, because knowing confrontational redirection and clever evasion are not the primary subjects of this reply. Neither does a thread like this (along with the inevitable C-1 cowboy responses that are always invoked) do anything credible for the usefulness of any gun forum on which this stuff is presented.

As far as this very well trained AND highly skilled C-3 gunman is concerned, another individual has to be one world-class internet gun bozo before he goes, ‘on the air’ to so loudly proclaim that his C-1 gun handling skills and interpersonal confrontational techniques are so much better than anybody else’s preferred method of C-3 carry. The undisputable fact is that C-3 carry has saved, and continues to save, countless civilian and military lives - The only thing that isn’t certain is exactly how many lives C-3 carry has saved; however, on a worldwide scale, the number of souls who’ve been able to avoid serious mishap because of using a C-3 semiautomatic sidearm has to be quite large.

In my opinion some of you guys really ought to cut it out. Stop dumping so vociferously on C-3 carry before some gullible, ‘twit with a gun’ decides that the only way to ever become a man is to imitate one of these C-1 gun carrying clowns and ends up shooting himself or, worse, someone else.

Just for the record: I have no problem with the police or other highly trained and equally well skilled pistoleros carrying their semiautomatic weapons in C-1. Instead, it’s C-1 gun carriers with attitudes like many of those who’ve previously responded to this thread that genuinely worry me the most.

Unfortunately, too much of this thread comes off like a circle jerk for morons with guns; only, this time, the morons have really outdone themselves. Personally it scares the dickens out of me to think there are people like these out there, walking around freely among the general public, with C-1 pistols on their belts.

Because I don’t have to answer domestic disturbance calls, don’t have to restrain hostile drunks, or capture dopers, and don’t have to chase car thieves or bank robbers around all day long, what is the most dangerous thing I can do with a gun on my belt?

Well, ……… that would be for me to go to a public shooting range - That’s right, for me to go to a public shooting range! It’s while I’m at public shooting ranges that I, too often, seem to find myself wishing that, a lot earlier in life, I’d done something really smart like taking up golf, instead of guns, as an avocation.

I have to wonder what makes these C-1 carry gun clowns think they should be entitled to go about armed in the same manner as the police do? How many of these internet gun bozos are legitimate Police Academy graduates? How many have been rigorously trained in the skillful and proper use of a fully charged sidearm, as well as tested BEFORE being given civil license to move about in the midst of the general public while carrying an EDC pistol - Especially while that pistol is in the potentially volatile state of C-1 carry?

With the current proliferation of carry permits it's getting so that me and my C-3 pistol can't go to a public shooting range anymore without running into, at least, one of these: highly overconfident, grossly opinionated, largely unskilled, and phenomenally untalented, C-1 gun carriers - You know, just like the people who've, so far, been responding to this thread. Frankly, I get sick and tired of having to, so often, step aside and duck the carelessly pointed muzzles of so many C-1, 'gunfighter wannabees'.

The fact remains that the vast majority of these C-1 pistol carriers are as much a danger to themselves and - especially to - those around them as they might ever be to an occasional bad guy. You know whom I’m talking about, right! That bad guy most civilians go from cradle-to-grave without ever having to encounter. For THIS I’ve got to be constantly ducking other people’s muzzles and gun jams as well as putting up with these (ever popular) accidental discharges.

(What’s the very first thing the C-1 gun schmuck to the right of you on a firing line will do the moment his pistol jams? Come on, think real hard! He’ll lower that C-1 pistol; and, if he’s right-handed, he’ll point that horizontal muzzle to his left, AND DIRECTLY AT YOUR BODY, while he tries to figure out what’s wrong with his fully charged pistol! Now, who honestly believes that a C-1 gun bozo like this is going to behave any differently while he’s out on the street and moving around with the general public? I know I certainly don’t.)

To bring (what I am sure) will be only a brief moment of sanity to this subject, the road-rage incident described in this thread is not actually about a C-3 misadventure with a pistol. Instead, it’s about exactly what I’m pointing out - An astonishing failure in individual firearms training and skillful pistol handling technique; and, to a lesser degree, obviously ineffective (and, I suspect, even careless) methods of applied personal defense.

For now I’ll leave the obvious mistakes with personal self-defense alone, though, because knowing confrontational redirection and clever evasion are not the primary subjects of this reply. Neither does a thread like this (along with the inevitable C-1 cowboy responses that are always invoked) do anything credible for the usefulness of any gun forum on which this stuff is presented.

As far as this very well trained AND highly skilled C-3 gunman is concerned, another individual has to be one world-class internet gun bozo before he goes, ‘on the air’ to so loudly proclaim that his C-1 gun handling skills and interpersonal confrontational techniques are so much better than anybody else’s preferred method of C-3 carry. The undisputable fact is that C-3 carry has saved, and continues to save, countless civilian and military lives - The only thing that isn’t certain is exactly how many lives C-3 carry has saved; however, on a worldwide scale, the number of souls who’ve been able to avoid serious mishap because of using a C-3 semiautomatic sidearm has to be quite large.

In my opinion some of you guys really ought to cut it out. Stop dumping so vociferously on C-3 carry before some gullible, ‘twit with a gun’ decides that the only way to ever become a man is to imitate one of these C-1 gun carrying clowns and ends up shooting himself or, worse, someone else.

Just for the record: I have no problem with the police or other highly trained and equally well skilled pistoleros carrying their semiautomatic weapons in C-1. Instead, it’s C-1 gun carriers like many of those who’ve previously responded to this thread that genuinely worry me the most.

Its a shame you put so much time and effort into such an ignorant & inflammatory post.

+1 to the OP ... always keep one in the chamber.

Just for the record: I have no problem with the police or other highly trained and equally well skilled pistoleros carrying their semiautomatic weapons in C-1. Instead, it’s C-1 gun carriers with attitudes like many of those who’ve previously responded to this thread that genuinely worry me the most.

The problem with your whole story is that millions carry in Condition 1 every day without problems. C3 is a name for a Sig Sauer C3 Revolution 1911 style gun. And I carry my C3 in Condition 1 safely.

These are some people who're very fortunate not to be laying by the side of the road, dead from gunshot wounds.

Local road-rage incident down here. To make a long story short, the aggressor started pistol-whipping the driver. The passenger pulled his own pistol, aimed and......here's what happened:

"I was ready to shoot him and do everyone on earth a favor. I pulled the trigger, but realized I didn't have one in the chamber," said Caccavella, 54, of Lake Worth. "This could've ended really bad for everyone."

Could've ended really bad?? Yeah, that's a bit of an understatement. The article doesn't detail what happened after the "click=no bang" but apparently no shots were fired by anyone. The victim and the passenger are incredibly lucky that the perp didn't decide to "defend" himself by opening up on them! And the perp better be thankful that the...<ahem>..."shooter" let the heat of the moment get the better of his situational awareness. I wonder if ol' Yosemite Sam there will carry one in the chamber from now on?? Here's a link for those interested in reading the entire article:

Link Removed
I heard a different version of what happened yesterday but the story still comes down to the fact that the MMA fighter was at fault for the violence.

The way I heard it was that the pool guys sat thru an entire green light before the ex-Marine came forward and started the beating.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back