Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

I have never said open carry is BAD. It is a choice, if it works for you GOOD. Open vs Conceal ? Next time you play poker,show the other players in the game your cards. IT WILL BE A SHORT GAME. Enjoy.

The Troll

Can't you come up with an original quote? I wish you peace and abundance to you and your loved ones, and hope you never have to drop the hammer.

The Troll

threecentermass:235459 said:
I have never said open carry is BAD. It is a choice, if it works for you GOOD. Open vs Conceal ? Next time you play poker,show the other players in the game your cards. IT WILL BE A SHORT GAME. Enjoy

The Troll

If you want to relate it to poker...ok here we go.

I'm the dealer, the rules are I get a four of a kind of aces, king high every hand, and it's open to the world to see. It's not the best hand, but a pretty damn good one. Because it's equivalent to our lives, you have to play all in with everything you own at this table.

Would you play? It's a short game, if a game at all....

Btw, my life is not a game. I don't want to try and sucker someone in, just to yell surprise and end their life.

Do you want me to pm you this message as well? I don't want you to feel like I didn't get your pm of this post.

I have never said open carry is BAD. It is a choice, if it works for you GOOD. Open vs Conceal ? Next time you play poker,show the other players in the game your cards. IT WILL BE A SHORT GAME. Enjoy.

The Troll
Your analogy just said that OC is a bad idea.
By the way, I love your signature. Very appropo. :wink:

Can we vote to have Luke change the title to this thread to "Why Open Carry is a Good Strategy" and then have him sticky it!

The Troll

Your analogy of carrying a gun to poker is actually perfect. Carrying concealed is like playing poker the standard way. Your cards are hidden, but your chips are in the pot. Anybody who feels like they can take your chips can bet against you. All they have to do is THINK they have a better hand than you. Just like carrying a gun. Your gun is hidden, but your chips are still on the table. Any criminal who thinks they can may attack you to take your chips. Your concealed gun, just like your hidden cards, does nothing to indicate to the criminal, or poker opponent, that they should not attempt to take your chips. Maybe only their LACK of a good hand, might deter them.

Then, when the betting is done, whether it is in poker or self defense, all that is left is to hope that your hand can beat the opponent or the criminal. It's a gamble. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Except in self defense you still lose something, even if you prevail in your self-defense actions.

Now, let's play poker the open carry way. I have 4 aces. Before any chips are on the table, I show all my opponents my 4 aces. I am the only one at the table showing my 4 aces. It would take a complete fool to even bet against my 4 aces. But, granted, there is the chance someone has 4 kings and a joker. Then there are also the incredibly huge chances that everyone else at the table has something less than 4 aces, but their chips are on the table. So what would you do? Would you bet against the guy showing you his 4 aces? Or would you bet against everyone else at the table who has a great chance of having something less than 4 aces?

Playing poker the open carry way is a short game for the person with the 4 aces. But it accomplishes the goal: I get to keep all of my chips, I really don't care about taking yours; and it greatly, greatly lowers the chance that someone will bet against me.

There is no talking to some people. Good luck with all you do. THE DEALER DOES NOT PLAY THE HAND, ONLY THE PLAYERS, AT LEAST, HERE IN NEVADA,

Good Luck

The Troll

You open carry proponents sound like a bunch of Wyatt Earp wanna-be's.

Some OCers are nothing more than peacocks with pretend badges. Their self-induced need to "educate" the public by OCing is little more than another way of saying "Look at me! Look at me! I'm important! I'm a tough-guy!". It's actually a bit pathetic.

I would imagine that many of these people are the annoying shooters you see at the range all the time. You know the ones - always offering unsolicited advice, lauding their alleged military record, firearm experience, and shooting prowess....and doing so just loudly enough for everyone around them to hear. They're very impressed with themselves, at least on the surface.

There's a time and a place for OCing and I support the right to do so (always have), but those who wear a pistol openly as some sort of social plumage really need to re-examine why they carry at all. Unfortunately those folks never will take that long, hard look in the mirror that they're so badly in need of. There's no need for such things when you're both infallible and omnipotent.

You open carry proponents sound like a bunch of Wyatt Earp wanna-be's.

Your statement sounds like you just stepped off the Brady Campaign short bus.

Also, this whole "element of surprise" superiority rhetoric sounds like a latent hope to be afforded the opportunity to shoot at someone using self-defense as an excuse possessed by a gambling addict.

Have a T-Shirt....
do_not_feed_the_troll_tshirt-p235129868320935194tr96_400.jpg

Some OCers are nothing more than peacocks with pretend badges. Their self-induced need to "educate" the public by OCing is little more than another way of saying "Look at me! Look at me! I'm important! I'm a tough-guy!". It's actually a bit pathetic.

I would imagine that many of these people are the annoying shooters you see at the range all the time. You know the ones - always offering unsolicited advice, lauding their alleged military record, firearm experience, and shooting prowess....and doing so just loudly enough for everyone around them to hear. They're very impressed with themselves, at least on the surface.

There's a time and a place for OCing and I support the right to do so (always have), but those who wear a pistol openly as some sort of social plumage really need to re-examine why they carry at all. Unfortunately those folks never will take that long, hard look in the mirror that they're so badly in need of. There's no need for such things when you're both infallible and omnipotent.

First paragraph = pure trolling. Not unexpected from B2 though.
second paragraph = another fine example of B2's imagination. Goes right along with, "there's no such thing as a myth," and "only a complete fool would draw their gun but not shoot it," and "gangsters are everywhere, because his 'hood friends' said so"
Third paragraph = Conceited and egotistical beyond any open carrier here. Maybe you should re-examine why you have any potentially dangerous object with such a hateful view on life.

And you wonder why we defend OC so much? Maybe its because CC advocates need as much education as the anti-gun, and completely uneducated crowd, when it comes to guns and reality.

Quick scan of boots posts...interesting fellow...

Believes he is above the law. Call's people names based on media lies. Glad I don't associate with all those judge, jury, executioner style concealed carriers.

How about this everyone?

Remember all those posts by concealed carriers saying, "if you have nothing to hide, what do you have to worry about?" when it i comes to polishing LEO's badges....

Bad guys hide bad stuff. Certain concealed carriers remind me a lot of that type.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back