Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Because I have a large ***** and no need to compensate

I think people have forgotten exactly what this thread’s about; it ain’t about why you carry- it’s why do you carry concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody needs to know if I am or not. Open carry and you’re the first to go down. Concealed and they don’t see it coming till it’s too late.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Nobody needs to know if I am or not. Open carry and you’re the first to go down. Concealed and they don’t see it coming till it’s too late.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

There’s actually pros and cons to both methods of carry l but I tend to lean on the side you’re talking about. Open carry, you can carry in places you shouldn’t. Sure, your openly carry pistol might be a deterrent to some bad guys, but to others, it might be an attractant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Self defense of myself and family while we are out and about. In today's climate, things can get real hairy real quick, unfortunately. My wife and 22 year old daughter also CCW. Concealed carry affords me some element of surprise against a would-be attacker. And it's really no one else's business to know whether or not I am carrying. It lessens the risk of me becoming the primary target of some knuckle head looking to commit a crime.

Even though Pennsylvania is an open carry state, I choose to carry concealed.

And ultimately, we have a precious 2 year old granddaughter to protect and ensure she has a bright future ahead.

Springfield XDs 9mm. 74 years old, too old to fight or run and I've grown quite accustom to LIVING. I have a County issued carry permit and don't want everyone to know I'm carrying. Open carry to me is just showing off.

Last edited:
Springfield XDs 9mm. 74 years old, too old to fight or run and I've grown quite accustom to LIVING. I have a County issued carry permit and don't want everyone to know I'm carrying. Open carry to me is just showing off.
Welcome to the forums GaCop!

Well, this past weekend, here is this old man, sitting in his beautiful brand new car, listening to his equally new (and smoking hot) Sirius radio when this large welfare-type dude comes sidling up, from behind the vehicle, to the driver's window.

While the dude was coming up behind me, his two big fat hoochie-momma accomplices tried to distract me by pretending to clumsily bump into the car's front grille. I must have 'smelled a rat' because as I focused on the pretended carelessness of these two really BIG women, I also began to look around.

That's when I caught the dude in my rearview mirror. He was just beginning to pull a small black pistol out of his front pants' pocket. Well, fook him! (Like I've never been in this one before.) You should have seen that guy sheit his drawers when my right-hand moved!

The guy's pistol never came all the way out; he immediately turned around, and went back the way he came while his two hoochie-mommas continued on into the mall as if nothing had happened. Anyway, I don't let people know that I am armed UNTIL it becomes necessary for me to show my great big, awesome (and much younger) handgun to them!

God bless America's Founding Fathers, huh! They really did try to give us all a better world!

Last edited:
I had gotten pretty lazy about carrying for several years. I was a college professor and a federal employee for 30 years or so there were so many times I just could not carry I had pretty much got used to leaving my handgun in my center consul in my truck and in my night stand at home. Then at the big trash day last month, about 1440, I found myself in the back yard of one of my houses about 3 feet away from a meth/crack whatever head with a hand axe. Long story, but I aint dead and I aint making that mistake again. If I do it is my fault. Of course it is my fault anyway, but you know what I mean.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back