Why Do You Carry Concealed?

What I find interesting is the standard answer to this question is so I can protect my family, loved ones, maybe coworkers, etc, etc, a question would be how many would still carry to protect there family, if they did not have a CCW ? I realize I'm asking you to admit to possably breaking the law, in some states, but I was just woundering who might put your familys safety above all else, includeing protecting them with a firearm if nessessary, and would you risk breaking the law, or whip out your cell phone if some BGs come after your wife or daughter with a gun or knife?

Well to answere your question, after I retired from the Police Department I still carried a 9 M.M. with hollow point ammunition and at that time it was illegal for both in the state of New Jersey. We were not allowed to carry at all back then even tho we had for at least 20 years prior to retirement. I faced at least 3 years in jail for carrying back then and did not care. MY FAMILY COMES FIRST.
Bill

I carry because I want to be prepared to protect my family. Had a situation that could have gone bad, I was at their mercy. Fortunately I was able to get self and family out without any incident. Since then have been better aware and protected.

You mean this dude?

Like I said earlier...
The only true safety that is needed with a good quality firearm like a Glock is the one 'between the ears'.
Clearly this 'DEA Reject' didn't truly qualify for the job in the first place.

"You see...accidents happen. Don't play with guns." Thats great.

My first line of defense is me. I carry a firearm in order to be able,hopefully,to stop an attack on myself,a member of my family or a member of the public that needs assistance. Thankfully..I have not had to do so.

Because of all of the crazy things crazy people do.
Because of all the people who died or we're injured because no one was carrying.
Because I love my family.

I continue to carry a concealed gun and will do so as long as I possible can. I posted a comment several weeks ago about the fact that crime was up. Someone came back and stated that crime was not up. I don't recall where they lived at but I can assure you that everyday around here there is a shooting, robbery, stabbing or rape. Just yesterday, my son's best friend had his house robbed of 1000s of dollars of electronics, jewelry, guns and other valuables. With the way the economy is and the number of people who want the government to give them free things the crime will only continue to go up. I will continue to carry concealed to protect myself and my family. I just sat through a Gun Safet Class with my wife so that she could get her concealed permit. She will also carry as well.

Well Lberger48, congrats to your wife! I hope your weapons will serve you both
well in the coming years. Train together and cover each others backs!

Here's an article/question I posted.

So let's hear, why do you carry concealed?

1. Somebody has to actually practice the liberties provided by the U.S. Constitution making it more than a quaint old document and an overused word, like "hero."
2. Somebody has to decentralize law enforcement and work to keep it less than the "police state" it's becoming. We're good guys too minus the free press and exaggerated
risk propaganda in order to jack up salaries and pensions. Farmers, convenient store workers and electricians work in far more danger per hour than police and firefighters. If you disagree with these ideas you're a smuck and not to be trusted - especially in crisis.
3. I'm on the road a lot at night between the Florida Panhandle and Atlanta, Ga - repeat, Atlanta, Ga - need I explain more?
4. Because I can.

Why Carry a Gun?

There comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on
a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones
they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.
Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass whoopin'.....author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

To protect myself, my family, and my home. In case anyone has forgotten, murderous maniacs are still present in our "slap criminals on the wrists, and let them go" judicial system.

All legal purposes.

The problem with your comment Tyler, is that it is the government that decides what is legal and this current federal government has not intent of deciding this on the basis of the Constitution, the will of Congress, the decisions of the Supreme Court or even the will of the majority of the people themselves. Our narcissistic, moslem, chicago gangster and his cronies will do whatever they damn well please when it comes to "legal". There my friend is the reason I have firearms and will not be a sheep cooing and baying everytime these creatures in DC decide what my "fate" will be.

I carry under the unrestricted 2nd amendment, waiting for Texas with some work to be a constitutional open carry state.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back