Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Protection, peace of mind. Sort of like having battery cables in the trunk. You may not need it now but one day you will and it's better to have it than not.

I carry to protect myself. I conceal for the element of surprise and I don't want to advertise I have a gun.

I carry concealed for a number of reasons. First is - Because I can. May sound contrite but my Second Amendment rights allow me to so I exercise that right. I also had a very bad experience in Bosnia
while assigned to UNPROFOR. I was the only one in the mob that did not have a weapon. Luckily I got out of the situation safely. So I swore I would never leave my personal safety up to someone else ever again.
So now I daily carry.

NRA Firearms Instructor
No Guts, No Glory.

Violence is so random now. There was a time when you knew which were the most dangerous area of town but now even in the "good" areas in broad daylight armed assults and robberies are happening. Also, given the threats of violence over the election results everybody should be ready.

While my community is relatively low-crime, there has been a sniper shooting dozens of drivers on mid-Michigan highways recently. That is over and above the "routine" risks of home invasion, gang-bangers, mass murderers and other low-lifes in our world. I've decided to carry because there are simply too many dangerous bad-guys out there and I want to be prepared if I am in the wrong place at the wrong time and need to defend myself and/or my family.

Well. I don't live in fear, I am a Christian and I always have 3 Warriors with me all the time. I own a gun and a CCW permit. Yes, you have to be prepared for the unexpected because evil and trouble can strike at anytime. Thats why I carry

Violence is so random now. There was a time when you knew which were the most dangerous area of town but now even in the "good" areas in broad daylight armed assults and robberies are happening. Also, given the threats of violence over the election results everybody should be ready.

Threats of violence over election results? Threats made by whom? This isn't some Third World country. The hell are you talking about?

Living in a nice area is good. Just think, comming home and going into your house, some unexpected person is in there waiting for you.

When the Government is afraid of it's People, this is Liberty
When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Besides, I live in Arizona and our laws are a tad bit different than other states.

Protection

I have been carrying for about 8 years now. I always have the protection of myself and those around me on my mind. It's too bad that as a hospital worker and retired military that there are so many places I go to that don't allow carrying.

I am retired military and I carry not because I am all gung ho, but to protect my family and myself. There is so much crime everywhere now and it doesn't make any difference if it is day or night people are trying to steal or hurt you..

Violence is so random now. There was a time when you knew which were the most dangerous it just make me feel better to know that I have some thing to Protect me And my family

Crime is at a 20-year low

I am retired military and I carry not because I am all gung ho, but to protect my family and myself. There is so much crime everywhere now and it doesn't make any difference if it is day or night people are trying to steal or hurt you..

Actually, crime is at a 20-year low. There's still enough to go around, so concealed-carry is perfectly justified. But it's misinformed to suggest that "there is so much crime everywhere now" as if we're at some high point in the crime rate or that it's getting worse. It isn't.

Actually, crime is at a 20-year low. There's still enough to go around, so concealed-carry is perfectly justified. But it's misinformed to suggest that "there is so much crime everywhere now" as if we're at some high point in the crime rate or that it's getting worse. It isn't.

Depends on where you live or travel to. Like no carry cities or states (IL).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back