Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I was responding to the assertion that "There is so much crime EVERYWHERE now." It just ain't so.

I agree, states that allow people to carry, the crimes against persons has dropped. Not enough in my opinion. There for I carry, to protect myself and my family. If the crime rate should ever drop to zero (fat chance) I'll reevaluate. Sure like that's gonna happen! :no:
There's always a reason to carry. What about the zombies!:sarcastic:

I carry concealed because I don't like rain snow or ice on my piece.

Haha Im more of an OC guy.

If asked why I carry, I'm a father.

Crime down?

Actually, crime is at a 20-year low. There's still enough to go around, so concealed-carry is perfectly justified. But it's misinformed to suggest that "there is so much crime everywhere now" as if we're at some high point in the crime rate or that it's getting worse. It isn't.

I'm not sure where you live and crime may be down in certain areas by a 20 year-low, but it is on the increase in our area and it doesn't make any difference whether it is a rich, medium, or poor area. Thieves and people out to destroy things are hitting everywhere around us.

I do be cause I can and to protect my family. But right now I am carrying my xds in the paddle holster that came with it till my crossbreed minituck comes in

Tim
Hanging is the game.

I was responding to the assertion that "There is so much crime EVERYWHERE now." It just ain't so.

We all know there are more criminals in prison than ever before...no argument. So help me understand. If a child is playing on a street of a hundred homeowners 20 years ago and 10 are pedophiles is the child safer on a street of a thousand neighbors and 90 are pedophiles today? Hey... I think MORE evil men make MORE crime.

side note:
If you quote Judge Scalia I will just...throw up

Actually, crime is at a 20-year low. There's still enough to go around, so concealed-carry is perfectly justified. But it's misinformed to suggest that "there is so much crime everywhere now" as if we're at some high point in the crime rate or that it's getting worse. It isn't.

What is your source to back up that statement/claim? Not looking for a fight, just curious where the info for that claim comes.
And does that info only include assault type crimes, which are the ones us gun toting folks are trying to protect against. If "crime is down" includes shoplifting , etc., that would not be a valid argument in this forum, as the overall crime rate, that includes such non-confrontational life threatening acts, is not our main concern here, as far as why we carry.

Crime maybe on it's way down but it still too high to go unarmed!

Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link Removed

Crime is down because criminals know there is a larger chance that their intended victim just might be armed.

After all they are cowards! They only attack victims that they think they can victimize.

Crime started going down about the time CC and OC were legalized.

I don't think this is coincidental.

Thanks for the link to that FBI report. Looks like violent crime is down nationwide by 4%. Technically, the guy that said it is misleading to say "crime is everywhere now" is right. However, that's like saying to flood victims that were waist deep in water, and now the water has receded by an inch, that they are better off. I think that's a pretty weak statistic to use to call someone out on a statement they made. Again, I'm not trying to fight, just making a clarification.

I carry every day and everywhere I go (that I'm legally allowed).
I do it because it is my right to do so.
I do it because if I didn't have it when I needed it and my wife, friends, or I end up hurt or killed because I didn't have it I could never forgive myself.
I do it because if I am going somewhere that I know I'll need it, I just wouldn't go there!
I do it because it is part of my preparedness plan.

I have been in the Military for over 25 years, Now that I am about to retire I will feel less protected, so to compensate I started carrying for my families safety. There are alot of crazies out there, you see it every day. I dont want to be a statistic and Dont want to ever be in a position were i couldnt help anyone that needs it.

Crime maybe on it's way down but it still too high to go unarmed!

Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link Removed

Crime is down because criminals know there is a larger chance that their intended victim just might be armed.

After all they are cowards! They only attack victims that they think they can victimize.

Crime started going down about the time CC and OC were legalized.

I don't think this is coincidental.

I wish I could say I carry like my buddy in Texas who works in my state 3 weeks on 3 off. He recounted a story about being pulled over for speeding and after the officer ran his plate and drivers license he came back to the car and asked if he had his weapon. My friend replied no sir…I was in a hurry to leave and didn't bring it. The Texas law officer gave him a warning and stated “keep it with you...it is your God given right boy” Man if he was lying to me I don’t care...that was just plain good to hear.

I cannot disagree with the what your friend commented on about "keep it with you...it is your God given right boy”. I carry when ever I leave the house, in fact next to my chair where I reside most of my life is a Mossberg Model 80 19" barrel 12 gauge shotgun and a 9 mm semi auto with Hi Cap Magazines. In my bedroom a Remington Model 870 tactical 18" barrel, a 9 mm with laser, .357 Magnum with laser. I always carry my 9 mm with laser plus five Hi Cap magazines. Sort like the the American Express commercial says "Never Leave Home without it"

To the two reports given from the FBI and Wikipedia they are full of BS, evidently they have not visited the border states along the Mexican Border and the cities in those same states of the crimes within their cities. I know even here in Arizona they say crime is down by 15% and this is a hard pill to swallow as this is all we here about on the news is two people shot and killed and the perpetrator is on the loose, or a home invasion gone bad when the owner killed four of the five intruders. Crime may have went down somewhere in the US, but the stories I read about in Chicago, Detroit, LA, SF,Seattle, Florida, etc., does show what the the reports are reveling. If the crime stories that are being reported as being down, this is good for the people of the US as it is telling me more and more states are allowing their citizens to buy a firearm for self protection.

I carry because, sadly, there are people who try to hurt/kill others. I want to know I am doing the best I can to protect myself and my precious family. I never liked guns and I'm one of those people who wishes they just didn't exist at all, but since they do... I'd rather have one than not...

I carry because, sadly, there are people who try to hurt/kill others. I want to know I am doing the best I can to protect myself and my precious family. I never liked guns and I'm one of those people who wishes they just didn't exist at all, but since they do... I'd rather have one than not...

The one and only thing of importance to remember is Common Sense. As long as you keep a sound mind a fell for the situation and are positive what is happening is a threat on someone's life. A case in point, as I was talking to a Maricopa County Deputy he was telling me there was an incident of an undercover deputy was making an arrest on a perpetrator with gun drawn and the perpetrator has his weapon drawn as well. A newly CCW holder was chomping at the bit more less to show he was carrying a concealed weapon, the only problem was he had no idea of the situation at hand. Luckily for this young man that back-up arrived just as he pulled his firearm out and the back-up of about 9 squad cars pulled in and arrested the perpetrator and put the young man in cuffs until all was sorted out. From the time this started til the end was a matter of maybe 2 minutes, two minutes that this young man could have been shot, had a Sheriff's Deputy Shot, or the perpetrator shot. So before jumping into a unknown situation use Common Sense.

You can protect a unknown third party, there is no law that says you cannot as long as you feel that the third party is fearing for his life. Just make sure that no innocent people are between you and the third party, that what you see is actually what you think you see. If the Perpetrator has his back to you does he have a gun, knife, bomb, etc., this is the first thing that needs to be clarified. If you personally know the third party by name just say hey John how are things going and if he give something other than his regular answer this could be an indicator. Depending on the products being sold at your local cigar shop walk up and ask for assistance if the perpetrator tells you to get lost this may be the time to assess the situation in how you can help, the first thing is for you to go outside keep both in view calling 911 explain to them what is happening, and if you really want them there in a hurry just tell you have a gun and are going back in to attempt to defuse the situation, I can almost guarantee you will have half the police department there in a matter of a minute or less. Now I would not suggest this to people who just received their permit with no training. Just about all my friends who carry are ex-military, DoD, detectives, and other agencies I will not discuss.

The one time I would consider to act upon a situation without any thought in mind is of a break in to your home and even this has rules depending on the state you reside in I can only speak for Arizona. I have what is call a 7 meter firearm the distance from my chair to the front door. Even with top security of my home it would take them a few minutes to break in, but that is beside the point as I have no idea who or how many. My 7 meter gun is a 9 mm Witness and a 12 gauge Mossberg Model 80, do you know the most fearing sound that will scare the hell right out of you? When they do finally break in and you Rack that 12 ga shot gun then they know you mean business. My my shot id=s a No 9 Bird Shot, Second is 01BK, third is a 00Bk and 4th is a 000BK followed with two more 000BK. If needed which I doubt in my 9 mm with Hi Cap 18 round Plus 1 of Hornaby 9 mm Critical Duty, they may cost a little more, but it is your family and your live. DO NOT Worry about call 911 as I'm sure someone has already made the call.

I grew up around guns and hunting. I live in the country and in recent years there has been an increase of home invasions and parking lot muggings and robberies. I go to yard sales and fleamarkets and buy and sell a lot and that as you know is a cash market. I carry all day everyday and feel a lot safer. You never know when some one may see you have cash on you and try to rob you. I carry a Ruger 9mm that holds 17+1 all the time. Delaware, where I live is the second smallest state in the US, but has been running between 4th and 8th in the country in violent crimes. I refuse to be a victim. It is my 2nd Amendment right to bare arms and protect myself, my family and my property, and I will.

I carry because its my right and my duty to protect my loved ones and the unfortunate soul who chooses to not (or cannot) protect themselves.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back