Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

I carry a Springfield Armory EMP 9mm in http://www.blade-tech.com IWB tuckable kydex year round. Practice and compete in IDPA to hone skills and train muscle groups.

Kimber Ultra Stainless Raptor II. Love it!

Link Removed

It looks like your Mainspring Housing has that same defect in the bottom surface that mine does. Same exact place.

I just ordered a new alloy MSH from Fusion Firearms that matches the rest of the metalwork on the Raptor. Kimber should have used this one.

When I found out the original was was plastic, I almost wanted to give the gun back. almost but like you almost want to get rid of your 'to die for' girlfriend just because she has an ugly freckle where you can't see it unless you really look! :)

KK

I carry a Kimber.

In the military, I know that as long as they are special forces, they can carry a 1911 if they wish.

I don't know about other police departments, but any officer with SLCPD can choose any handgun they want.

Kimber Pro Carry II, currently in a Milt Sparks Watch Six. Eventually going to a SmartCarry-type rig. I think.

Carry a Para Warthog in a Cleveland holster..
Great weapon. Have the Crossbreed but I like the Cleveland better as it has more adjustments points and is 1/2 the price..

I carry a citadel 1911 officer for edc. In a iwb tuckable Henry Holster. Has been a flawless operator since new. 2500-3000 rounds later it will still throw them as fast as I can pull the trigger. And the accuracy Is amazing. Best part its a $600 new and rocks out of the box!

I love 1911s however I'm not comfortable carrying one chambered and cocked and I'm also not comfortable carrying a pistol I need to cock before I shoot. That is one reason I went with the Beretta PX4 Compact I carry now. It's DA/SA so there's virtually no chance I'll get an accidental discharge. I've always owned and shot revolvers so shooting DA isn't a problem.

I carry a kimber compact cdp,very good weight and easy to conceal as it has a 4inch barrel and shorter grip with the melted frame for smooth draw.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back