Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

Just got my CCW permit last week but I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II stainless I plan to carry. In the process of finding a holster, ordered a Crossbreed this weekend to try.

You might want to consider the Phantom... Condition 1 of course.

Kimber Eclipse Pro currently, replaced a Kimber Crimson Carry. Sometimes I carry my Hk USPc .40, but not as often as I used to.

AL, how do you like your Tactical RIA? I know the RIA is a decent little 1911 and a great budget gun. I don't have any experience with the Tactical, and was thinking of getting one to bang around the woods or fishing with. I want something less expensive than my Kimbers or Colts. If I loose it overboard or it gets beat up by briars and such, I wouldn't cry as loud I guess. Have you fired it much. How's the reliability and combat accuracy? Thanks.

Mine is the compact model. Starting having failure to feed, polished feed ramp, problem solved. +1 on white dot sights, would help, haven't got that done as yet.

Kimber SIS ProCarry - any "good" gun is going to be reliable if you take care of it, but do beware of the Saturday Nite Specials! There are several brands I consider to be expensive rocks.....

Hmm looks like a meeting of the Kimber CCW club lol.

I carry a Taurus PT1911 with a CrossBreed Holster. The holster was the best investment I could have made. And I'm not that big of a guy and its fully concealed (5'9", 185)...:pleasantry:

I've got a box of holsters including a Crossbreed* which I loved, Nylon web, leather, Kydex, etc. Never could get one to be comfortable and easy to draw from and be utterly concealable all at the same time. And then there's the quality issue. After years of frustration, I finally just made my own. I carry a government sized 1911 in a Kydex/leather hybrid thumb break of my own design. Great retention, snug fit, easy draw.

IMG000024.jpg

*bought my Crossbreed when they first came out, mine was purchased in early '05 and it fit like a glove. Possibly the most comfortable and concealable holster I have ever tried. Design was A+ but quality was D- and service was F. I've heard that things have improved now but have no recent personal experience. I think Tucker Gun Leather was first with the design and they do make a beautiful holster too.

Kimber Pro Carry. I don't want less than 4 inches of barrel in a .45 ACP. Still have my old AMT Hardballer, on its 3rd barrel plus a couple of other mods.

The 1911 is the sidearm God and John Moses Browning intended us to carry. :wink:

I was carrying a Ruger SP 101, 2 1/4" barrel in .357 mag. but recently bought a Kimber Ultra Stainless Raptor II and fell in love with it. From now on the Raptor will be on my hip.

Link Removed

Just got a new Kimber Ultra Carry II in .45ACP for my anniversary. Looking for a good conceal carry holster. I am on CrossBreed's website now. Just trying to figure out the particulars...

Just got a new Kimber Ultra Carry II in .45ACP for my anniversary. Looking for a good conceal carry holster. I am on CrossBreed's website now. Just trying to figure out the particulars...

I have several Crossbreed Supertucks...best holster ive ever owned...carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II in it 18 hours a day, 7 days a week...as you can tell...

I believe I have the same model. I live in an area with a LOT of leather shops, and a local leathersmith who specializes in gun leather made me a shoulder holster that is really comfortable for $ 95. It took him all of one day. He did a great job!

Neal

Kimber Ultra CDP II in a Super Tuck and my Springfield Operator in the Super Tuck as well and then in my High Noon IWB. I wont carry anthing but my 1911 and on occasion will back up with my G27 or G23. But I wouldnt trade my Super Tuck for anything, best IWB holster I've ever worn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back