Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

"Who carries a 1911 as your self defense gun?", you ask. Well, if you are asking the reader that question, then you'd be asking that question to say, me. Soooooo, who out there carries a 1911 as MY self defense gun? I don't know! Anyone out there carrying a 1911 as my self defense gun?

Hehe, I know, but I couldn't resist. Sometimes boredom will make you be as nit-picky as a nit-picker, yo.

Have a great day, and know that if you practice, practice, practice (draw stroke) and if using the ammo that your particular 1911 will be dependable with, you will be very well armed.

Daily carry

Depending on clothing / cover garments for the day, I carry either a full-size Wilson CQB or a Commander (4") size Kimber Custom Carry HD. Both are fitted with Crimson Trace Master Series LaserGrips. IWB holster is Crossbreed, OWB's are Bodyguard and Combat models made by D.M. Bullard of Azle, Tx. Nothing but praise for all of the above equipment, although I have had a few disappointments in previous equipment before settling on these.

Couldn't agree more on the magazines. I like the Wilson Combat ETM (#500) due to their follower design. If you have a "finicky" 1911 (especially a short-barrelled version), try a few Wilson mags before you give up on the pistol. You may find the pistol is NOT the problem.

who carries 1911

I carry Kimber Super Carry Pro 45...4 in barrel, very accurate and is concealable with my IWB Holster from Galco

Carried a para slim hawg. Decided I needed another para. Only bigger, more rounds. Purchased the gun rights model. 5 inch 14 rounds. It's nice. Stainless:)

My summer carry is Kimber Super Carry Ultra HD and my winter Sig Sauer 1911 GSR TTT. I love the weight and balance, wouldn't trade em for anything. The Sigs a laser at 25 and Kimbers not bad for a 3"

I carry a kimber cdp pro, in winter I wear a owb holster in summer I wear a iwb holster. I like the night sights but due to some eye problems I plan to add crimson trace lazer sights. Single action trigger,slim profile great stopping power what more could you ask for in a ccw hsand gun.

Kimber Pro Carry II with Pachmayr American Legend grips. Has three dot night sights and Mecgar magazines have been perfect. Running a couple different type of jhp but not really set on one brand. Been carrying in a Galco shoulder holster because my back doesn't like IWB/OWB.

Sent from my C6606 using USA Carry mobile app

Howdy,

Dang! This thread is almost 5 years old but here's my $.02.

I have a Norinco 1911A1 that I've owned for over 20 years and for about 12 years it was my main CCW handgun. Nowadays I only carry it for "nostalgia" reason.

I carry it OWB @ 3:00 in a leather belt slide holster loaded with 230gr Fed. Hydra Shok.

Paul

No matter what the topic, 1911 or bananas, someone always has to bring out a Glock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back