when is it legal to draw?

Hey C&L: You are correct on last reply. Personally, I do not think that JJ and I are really disagreeing on anything--it is more a question of when your radar is telling you there is a significant risk. If I should feel it (and thank God I never have), I will draw with the intent to fire and do so without a thought about brandishing. That mini-second can be a very big difference in your life--that is for sure. I am fortunate that I live in what I consider to be a very secure and safe area and firmly believe in situational awareness and never putting myself in a scenario that could endanger myself. Quite frankly, my one and only concern for CC/brandishing is a situation that, in SC, I legally cannot CC; leaving a restaurant that serves liquor and walking to my parked car at night--cannot carry into that establishment--ie: cannot have the firearm on me when I leave, unless I want to risk the penalties, which involve many thousands of dollars and several years in jail, which thankfully, is up to judge, who may minimize based on the situation--still leaves you with civil problems. Hope the new year brings you health, happiness and prosperity.

I suppose that's one of the not-so-funny things about CONCEALED carry: You never know who else might be packing, do you?

In the case of the tow truck driver he went back to his truck to retrieve his gun. He wasn't actually packing until he saw the other fellow had one.

Shall we now argue about the definition of "packing?" :laugh:

Funny, the guy who wasn't "packing" is still alive. :rolleyes:

Kinda makes you wonder about some of the people who really are "packing" sometimes. :hang3:

There are only three instances when I will unholster my firearm: to fire it, or to clean it, or to put it under my pillow.

Shall we now argue about the definition of "packing?" :laugh:

Funny, the guy who wasn't "packing" is still alive. :rolleyes:

Kinda makes you wonder about some of the people who really are "packing" sometimes. :hang3:

Might as well argue about that definition we argue about every other word in the dictionary. As I always have at least one gun in my vehicle I don't consider someone to be "packing" unless it is on their body. :pleasantry:

Lost in all the excitement about the tow truck driver shooting is this little gem. It was abusy night in Bluffton. :wacko:

Link Removed

Minutes after a Bluffton man was fatally shot six times near 408 Live Oak Walk in Edgefield on Christmas Eve, emergency crews responded to a report of a gunshot victim on the same street, according to a Beaufort County Sheriff's Office report.

A 71-year-old man, apparently alarmed at the sound of gunshots outside his Live Oak Walk home, went to retrieve a shotgun and a pistol from his bedroom, according to the report.

The man told deputies he returned to the living room and sat back down in his chair to watch TV, holding the pistol in his right hand, when it discharged, wounding him in his upper left leg, according to the report.

I was watching fox news yesterday and some woman lawyer guest was on discussing the IL case where the guy shot his neighbor in the head and killed him cuz his dog pissed on his lawn. She was saying (and I'm not debating the legalities of this specific case) that we don't have a right to shoot somebody if they are merely hitting us. We only have a right to hit back. Respond with equal force." How this idiot ever became a lawyer I don't know. If I started hitting her (especially at that moment) :biggrin: she would be a puddle of goo before she EVER responded hitting with equal force. That's the idea of a gun, to equalize the force of persons of lesser strength and fighting skill. We can't allow these myths to be spread on the media my supposedly qualified authority figures and be taken as fact. It goes back to "I'm white rabbit, you're white rabbit." We have to start circulating our own talking points over and over to reveal the truth.

Sounds good, OldOwl, but "circulating our own talking points" is only gonna work if we (2A RKBA advocates) agree on those talking points. This thread alone proves we do not.

In the use of force continuum legally you are only allowed to respond with proportional force. The one with the biggest portion of the force wins. He yells at you, you cuss him, he slaps you, you hit with fist, he uses baseball bat, you use gun. You win. :pleasantry: If both use the same force then we never will get anything resolved. :biggrin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back