When COPs go bad...

Sounds like the LEOs in Kalifornia need to have a refresher course in gun safety and such. How many gun owner NRA members go around and just shoot at any thing that panics them. The LEOs in NYC were in a gun fight and shot some innocent bystanders and now the LEOs in CA are shooting at any blue truck. These incidents tell me to trust my fellow gun owners more than LEOs!

I'd love to see each occupant of both of those vehicles fired upon sue the PD and each individual officer for some outrageous about like 10 million dollars... If they aren't going to spend the rest of their lives in prison like any other citizen for attempted murder then the rest of their lives should be a living hell. If they are going to continue to work, wear a gun, and care so little for human life, they should struggle every single second like the rest of us.

Wrong colour and wrong make? Then it's just cops trying to kill people who pose 0 threat to anyone.

Well, it's worse than that actually. Assuming they really thought Dorner was in either one of those trucks, they are out to assassinate him. Like I said above, if he had been in one of those trucks, the Constitution would've done nothing to protect him. Only the cops' poor aim would've done that, which is the only reason the three occupants of those trucks are still alive.

Having grown up in SoCal, one might wonder what that cop holding his service weapon on the back of a truck being opened would've done if it was filled with a few illegal aliens. It's a very common thing to find in the back of vans and commercial trucks. All signs point to a wide-open shoot-on-sight order having been issued. Who does Chief Beck think he is anyway? Obama? Link Removed

Blues

I suggest anyone in the area who happens to own a truck buy this bumper sticker. Looks like the police have declared war on just about everyone driving a truck.

For the preceding few years before we left the LA area, there was a rash of shootings on the freeways that the phrase "road rage" evolved out of. I had a bumper sticker on my van that said, "COVER ME HONEY, I'M CHANGING LANES!" I got a lot of laughs from it, but man, that place is full of more kinds of crazy than any other place I've ever lived or heard of.

Blues

Neither here nor there, but I lived in Torrance for 11 years.
One evening the French doors on my balcony were shot out--I was in front of them at the time.
It took the Carson Sheriff 45 minutes to respond to my 911.

Ain't this just as encouraging as it can be!

Women shot during LAPD ex-cop manhunt had no warning, lawyer says

Link Removed

Updated at 5:59 p.m. ET: A mother and daughter who were mistakenly shot by Los Angeles police hunting for rampage suspect Christopher Dorner had no warning before bullets started whizzing through their newspaper-delivery truck, their lawyer said Friday.

"No command, no instruction, no warning. They just opened fire on them," said Glen Jonas, who is representing Emma Hernandez, 71, and Margie Carranza, 47, in possible legal action against the Los Angeles Police Department.

"They had no idea what was going on. They're huddling, covering up and praying and hoping they're not going to die."

Both women survived. Hernandez, shot in the back, was in good condition Friday. Her daughter suffered a hand injury and is physically fine but emotionally scarred, Jonas said.

There's more at the link, but this particularly caught my eye:

The LAPD had no comment on Jonas' claims, but it told NBC News the six cops who opened fire had been put on paid administrative leave — standard operating procedure for any officer-involved shooting.

Six cops lost their freakin' minds and opened fire on innocent citizens and no charges are even being considered????

Gee, I wonder if they were using AR-15s or M-16s/M-4s? Bet they were loaded with 30-rounders, dontcha think? Think there's an LAPD policy of requiring a "bullet-button" for these six out-of-control maniacs?

Anyone who says I'm being too hard on the cops can kiss my rosy red rump.

Blues

IMO it is because they are scared shitless and think that anything goes is good.
What a debacle.
Glad I don't live there anymore.

The First Blues, why the First?
What suspension of the First?
Genuinely confused.

I guess that wasn't very well thought-out. What I had in my mind was video that I was seeing of hundreds of cars being stopped at road-blocks all over SoCal, many at rifle-point by multiple LEOs, and thinking how free would anyone be to speak in protest to the illegal searches, or even just the inconvenience of being stopped for nothing? It's probably more a 4A issue, but I certainly wouldn't feel free to speak about anything with a couple or three ARs or M-16s trained on me at an illegal stop. Maybe a stretch, but that's what I was thinking.

Blues

I don't think you are going to get much argument on this one guys. It is what it is.

Isn't there something about a Grand Jury being able to indict without the city prosecutor's blessing? IDK but that may be an avenue to take if they won't convict their own. The state attorney general could prosecute, but seeing as how this is Kalifornia, it isn't a sure thing.

from this site:Link Removed

What Is The Los Angeles Civil Grand Jury?

The main function of the Civil Grand Jury is to investigate county, city, and joint-power agencies. This is a significant civil function. The Grand Jury acts in a "watch-dog" capacity, by examining carefully and completely, the operations of various government agencies within Los Angeles County. The Civil Grand Jury cannot investigate state or federal agencies, which lie outside their jurisdiction. Part of the investigation of governmental agencies includes the ability to audit operations, accounts and records of officers and departments within the agency under investigation. The Civil Grand Jury is further charged with investigating individual complaints from citizens. By statute the Grand Jury is required to inquire regarding the conditions and management of all public prisons within the County of Los Angeles.

Neither here nor there, but I lived in Torrance for 11 years.
One evening the French doors on my balcony were shot out--I was in front of them at the time.
It took the Carson Sheriff 45 minutes to respond to my 911.

So you lived on the LA Strip near the Harbor Freeway I take it? So did we. The Mexican gangstas called our little neighborhood "Tortilla Flats." We were one block East of Normandie and one block North of Torrance Blvd., close enough to the Harbor Freeway (and LA Strip) so that Sheriffs covered our neighborhood instead of Torrance PD. The night before we left to move to Bama, shots rang out just outside of our kitchen window. They were shooting caddy-corner to our house and killed a gangsta that lived over there. One month before that was the day the Rodney King riots ended. We made the right decision gettin' the heck outta there.

Blues

[h=5]Accused Gunman Christopher Dorner Issues Statement… “It’s Not Me!” : palookavillepost.com

"Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer who is accused of murdering three people and threatening to continue his vengeful killings, has issued a statement that claims he has no connection to the Southern California murders, and he is falsely accused.

The statement was received by a local news organization via fax from a Cabo San Lucas hotel early Saturday.

“It’s not me!,” Dorner says in the statement. “I have been out of town on vacation and just heard the news that I am blamed for killings I did not and never would commit. This “manifesto” the police are using against me is just a few ideas for a screenplay I am working on with my former colleague Mark Fuhrman. Tell my mom I’m OK. Once again… the cops have it all wrong…. I will soon be in touch.”

Link Removed[/h]
what if this is another hoax to instil fear in the citizens and give cops an all out manhunt for a man who maybe have some interesting information the establishment don't want getting leaked out??? seems to me what cops are doing to innocent citizens in lieu of this lie is worse than what this cop dorner is alleged to have done??? i don't know alot of one sided media and alot of trigger happy cops putting innocent lives in danger on count of this strange story about dorner

Ain't this just as encouraging as it can be!

Women shot during LAPD ex-cop manhunt had no warning, lawyer says

Link Removed

Updated at 5:59 p.m. ET: A mother and daughter who were mistakenly shot by Los Angeles police hunting for rampage suspect Christopher Dorner had no warning before bullets started whizzing through their newspaper-delivery truck, their lawyer said Friday.

"No command, no instruction, no warning. They just opened fire on them," said Glen Jonas, who is representing Emma Hernandez, 71, and Margie Carranza, 47, in possible legal action against the Los Angeles Police Department.

"They had no idea what was going on. They're huddling, covering up and praying and hoping they're not going to die."

Both women survived. Hernandez, shot in the back, was in good condition Friday. Her daughter suffered a hand injury and is physically fine but emotionally scarred, Jonas said.

There's more at the link, but this particularly caught my eye:

The LAPD had no comment on Jonas' claims, but it told NBC News the six cops who opened fire had been put on paid administrative leave — standard operating procedure for any officer-involved shooting.

Six cops lost their freakin' minds and opened fire on innocent citizens and no charges are even being considered????

Gee, I wonder if they were using AR-15s or M-16s/M-4s? Bet they were loaded with 30-rounders, dontcha think? Think there's an LAPD policy of requiring a "bullet-button" for these six out-of-control maniacs?

Anyone who says I'm being too hard on the cops can kiss my rosy red rump.

Blues

I could not agree with you more Blues....
I lived and worked in Los Angeles County for many, many years, and I can tell you from firsthand experience that the LAPD (Latino Americano Polizia Departemento) is one of the most corrupt and crooked police departments in the entire nation.
The average LAPD officer is lazy, dishonest and mentally polluted with an elitist (us versus them) mindset.
There are still some decent cops within the LAPD, but they are few and far between imvho.

So you lived on the LA Strip near the Harbor Freeway I take it? So did we. The Mexican gangstas called our little neighborhood "Tortilla Flats." We were one block East of Normandie and one block North of Torrance Blvd., close enough to the Harbor Freeway (and LA Strip) so that Sheriffs covered our neighborhood instead of Torrance PD. The night before we left to move to Bama, shots rang out just outside of our kitchen window. They were shooting caddy-corner to our house and killed a gangsta that lived over there. One month before that was the day the Rodney King riots ended. We made the right decision gettin' the heck outta there.

Blues

Yes exactly. I lived on the east side of Vermont, Alpine Village was behind me. Tortilla Flats was on the west side until they tore most of it down to build more condominiums. I left in '91. My mother lived deeper in Tortilla Flats for a few years and gunfire was recurrent. Scared the piss out of her. She left in '97.

I guess that wasn't very well thought-out. What I had in my mind was video that I was seeing of hundreds of cars being stopped at road-blocks all over SoCal, many at rifle-point by multiple LEOs, and thinking how free would anyone be to speak in protest to the illegal searches, or even just the inconvenience of being stopped for nothing? It's probably more a 4A issue, but I certainly wouldn't feel free to speak about anything with a couple or three ARs or M-16s trained on me at an illegal stop. Maybe a stretch, but that's what I was thinking.

Blues

Thank you. Yes.

Is it really a good idea to put a million dollar bounty on the guy? Aren't the tips and sightings going to keep LE running ineffectively all over the place and feed Dorner's ego? Doesn't it create a less safe situation where they are already reactive and now they have more instances to be reactive in? This is such a mess. I anticipate the next news cycle will be the fallout. So, LAPD et al better find him or they will have nothing to hide behind when the fallout comes to fore. Finding him dead will be anticlimactic and that won't help them. Killing him will make them look like heros.

Yes exactly. I lived on the east side of Vermont, Alpine Village was behind me. Tortilla Flats was on the west side until they tore most of it down to build more condominiums. I left in '91. My mother lived deeper in Tortilla Flats for a few years and gunfire was recurrent. Scared the piss out of her. She left in '97.

Heck, we were neighbors! We lived there for the last three years before leaving CA for good, so that would've put it at least back sometime in '89 when we moved into that house, since we left in '92.

Did a Google Maps search to see how close we were, and here it is:

Google-KenwoodAve.jpg

I'm guessing you were close to the homes where the rectangle is placed? The top picture is the house we rented on Kenwood and Milton. Google doesn't decorate their pictures very well though. Here's a pic of the driveway and opened garage door with my own decoration in front of it:

R-Side-Softail.jpg

And here's a pic of a bunch of us getting ready to head up to Santa Barbra for a Toy Run on the coldest day I ever rode scooters in SoCal. You can see the house hasn't changed at all. It was the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, and we took the circuitous route through Ojai over the mountains on the way home that night. Came down on I-5 about 0-dark-thirty or so, with all the holiday traffic piling back into town. Had to split traffic all the way back to Torrance. That is one thing I miss about CA. Can't carry guns legally, but you can ride scooters about as recklessly as you please! HA!

ColdestRide.jpg

Thanks Christopher Dorner and the LAPD/Torrance PD for going nuts so I could have a nostalgic old-home week! LOL

Blues

Is it really a good idea to put a million dollar bounty on the guy? Aren't the tips and sightings going to keep LE running ineffectively all over the place and feed Dorner's ego? Doesn't it create a less safe situation where they are already reactive and now they have more instances to be reactive in? This is such a mess. I anticipate the next news cycle will be the fallout. So, LAPD et al better find him or they will have nothing to hide behind when the fallout comes to fore. Finding him dead will be anticlimactic and that won't help them. Killing him will make them look like heros.

Actually, I think the odds of anyone collecting on that reward are extremely long. Media is reporting it thusly:

An extensive manhunt continued Sunday as Los Angeles officials announced a $1-million reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Link Removed, the former Link Removed officer wanted in the killings of three people.

First, the vast majority of evidence points to no one intending to arrest Dorner to begin with. They're trying to kill him by all the signs I've seen (and previously documented).

Second, even if they manage to take him alive, think back to the OJ trial. Think LA jurors, some of whom are going to be black, are going to convict a black man for going after cops? Think there won't be inconsistencies with whatever "bullet-proof" evidence the cops think they have now? There have been no less than four different versions of the "manifesto" released, starting with one that was about 6,000 words, and increasing with each successive version all the way up to about 14,000 words. There are already a lot of people questioning whether the whole thing was a set-up from the git-go. I'm not one, I'm just saying what kinds of attitudes and inconsistencies in the evidence can affect the verdict in a jury trial. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit worked! And it could work again.

Collecting that reward under those terms is probably longer odds than headin' to Vegas and tryin' your luck at the Blackjack tables.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back