Whats your opinion on the florida shooting?

Oh. My. Gosh.

I'm stunned. Stunned, I tell you. I've heard people say that Martin had beaten Zimmerman to a bloody pulp, and I didn't believe them. I thought for sure they were exaggerating. Sure they were making it up.

Link Removed, and I'm a believer now. Just look at how bloody Zimmerman's clothes are as he's brought into the police station.

I'm kind of surprised at the sarcasm contained in this post, Bob, considering that you have been one of the more careful posters scrutinizing fact vs. conjecture. I have seen no one here (or in media reports) say that Z was "beaten to a bloody pulp." All any of us have seen are the police reports stating that he had an abrasion to the back of his head and "appeared to have a broken nose," both of which were injuries treated at the scene by paramedics, minor enough in Zimmerman's mind to refuse a trip to the ER and get on with the interview at the cop-shop. I think there was mention of a bloody nose in either the reports or in media, but it's hardly been exaggerated the way your sarcasm seems intended to imply.

So this video makes you a believer that Zimmerman sustained no injuries? That's what it sounds like. And if that's the case, the clear implication is that the cops on the scene and the paramedics are now suspected of a conspiratorial cover-up on Zimmerman's behalf. I kind of doubt you believe that, but if you don't, why the sarcasm and the exaggeration about you've heard people say he was "beaten to a bloody pulp" and the implied conclusion that the video you posted proves otherwise? Fact is, it proves nothing except that the reports that Z was "just let go" were erroneous (or maybe even known lies by agenda-driven media-types and race-baiting whores like Sharpton and the NBPP).

Blues

By the way: we're famous here.

Trayvon Martin: Gun owners weigh in shooting of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman - Orlando Sentinel

The most prolific writer, SGB of Tallahassee, posted more than 30 comments challenging assumptions by other USA Carry members who criticized Zimmerman."Well, you're long on conjecture but it appears you're short on FACTS as well as knowledge of Florida law," he wrote. "But, hey, that's the trade mark of the lynch mob mentality, please carry on with your persecution."

ortfzr.jpg

Interested in opinions...

Should those in neighborhood patrols consider mace or a stunner? How about some self-defense training?

Oh. My. Gosh.

I'm stunned. Stunned, I tell you. I've heard people say that Martin had beaten Zimmerman to a bloody pulp, and I didn't believe them. I thought for sure they were exaggerating. Sure they were making it up.

Link Removed, and I'm a believer now. Just look at how bloody Zimmerman's clothes are as he's brought into the police station.

Of course this was after having received medical attention.

I think the whole incident was a series of avoidable errors. Being armed places a high degree of responsibility on you - go looking for trouble and you may find it and be forced to shoot. That said I am sick of listening to all the jibberish on the tube regarding this. I'm not going to pass judgement on this guy until I know all the revelant facts - if ever.

I feel that we're all going to have to wait and see what happens. I just don't like the idea of riots happening... but it seems to be a volcano waiting to blow...

Police: Trayvon protesters ransack store
Link Removed

Here's a song from a local rapper in Miami, FL calling for riots. (Warning: it is explicit and possibly offensive)

"Whats your opinion on the florida shooting?"

Zimmerman did everything wrong except the 911 call. He lied about the attack, no blood or scratches. He caused a situation, panicked when he was confronted, and murdered Trayvon.

The video is from a wide angle camera and the resolution I dare say isn't good enough to ascertain one way or the other as to Zimmerman's alleged injuries. Further to those of you whom make the assumption that this some how disproves Zimmerman account of the assault how do explain away the LE observation of his injuries & EMS treatment? CONSPIRACY ????????????

This video that has been shown to us most likely was many hours after the incident.
By all reports he was released at the scene.
However, it seems that they did take posession of his clothing for further investigation, that is fact stated by a Sanford PD representative.
There is little chance that the clothes he is wearing in the video are the clothes he was wearing at the time of the incident.
He was also treated for his injuries at the scene by paramedics.
The lack of blood in the video is not, by any means, evidence that he did not get beaten down by the deceased teenager.
There is an eye witness report stating that the teenager was on top of Zimmerman and was slamming his head into the ground.
By the way, that fact alone would allow Zimmerman to "stand your ground" !!!
Even if there were no stand your ground statute here in Florida (which we have only had since 2005) and he had a duty to retreat, just how would he retreat when he is being held down by a 6'3" tall 180lb teenage that was thrusting his head into the ground.

The video was from 4 hours after the shooting and Zimmerman had cleaned up. The police took some of his clothes that he was wearing. Not sure if that had happened already and the clothes he's seen in are different from those he was wearing at the time of the shooting. I did see a mark on the back of his head. The video is inconclusive to say the least.
Recent reports say that that might not be true. And it looks like the time data has been scrubbed from the tape. It was taken at his initial questioning per Phil Keating at 1812 tonight on Fox News. Phil said 45 minutes after the incident but at the end said that it could have been 45 minutes to 4 hours afterward as the DA is not saying when taped.

Now if it was 4 hours later, why was he in a police car in handcuffs if he had already been allowed to go home and clean up?

And I thought I was tired of hearing about Whitney Houston on the news. Now I long for the day that she was the top story...or at least anything NOT having to do with the hood rat.

Another black family who had their honor student killed on the streets. Boo hoo. There's a once in a lifetime story. The time to care was before he got into enough trouble to get himself killed.

No, we always have to cry injustice when they die or wind up in jail. Enough already. Being from NY, I'm tired of these BS cries and protests. I've heard them my whole life and they're all the same. Enough already.

Recent reports say that that might not be true. And it looks like the time data has been scrubbed from the tape. It was taken at his initial questioning per Phil Keating at 1812 tonight on Fox News. Phil said 45 minutes after the incident but at the end said that it could have been 45 minutes to 4 hours afterward as the DA is not saying when taped.

Now if it was 4 hours later, why was he in a police car in handcuffs if he had already been allowed to go home and clean up?

I first saw it reported on MSNBC and they said it was 4 hours after the incident.

Who said he went home to clean up?? He was treated by EMTs at the scene. They would have cleaned the blood from around his wounds. It's unlikely that he would have said "Leave the blood. I like it there" or something like that. It's entirely reasonable to believe that he had cleaned up one way or another before arriving at the station. The Sanford PD said they took the clothes he was wearing. We don't know if that happened before or after the video. Most investigators try to secure possible evidence ASAP to prevent it from becoming tainted. In any case it's highly unlikely that they sent him home naked and since he lived in the gated community clean clothes were obviously retrieved for him at some point.

The police report said that he was bleeding from his face and the back of his head. Unless you're joining the Black Panthers and claiming that the PD completely fabricated the report, it's safe to say the blood was cleaned from his face/head before the video.

You know what they say about opinions...

Zimmerman did everything wrong except the 911 call. He lied about the attack, no blood or scratches. He caused a situation, panicked when he was confronted, and murdered Trayvon.

Try as I might, I can no factual statements in your posting. Then again, this whole discussion is entitled "What's your OPINION on the Florida shooting?", so I suppose you're entitled to your opinion. It just seems a shame to me that you've convicted Zimmerman without due process.

And so it goes...

News reports tonight indicate the picture of Zimmerman the police were showing to neighbors, showed Zimmerman with a bloody nose and supposedly the injuries are indicated in the police report.

My thoughts exactly!
Lest we forget how unusually quiet the Biased & LibTarded Mainstream Media was in regards to the case of Channon Christian & Chris Newsom.
Where the hell was Sharpton in that case?
You could hear the crickets chirping.

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this link....

snopes.com: Murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian

Are you really surprised at the lack of outrage when the crime doesn't further the cause of increasing racial tensions in favor of the "innocent minority"? The known rabble-rousers come out of hiding whenever they see an opportunity to profit by it and add to their fame by inserting themselves into such situations. It is they who create most of the racial tensions in this country, aided by the mainstream press. (My opinion, and not based on any factual analysis.)

Honestly, Outlaw, were your expectations that ANYONE would react to a "normal" crime? After all, there are so many out there. But I read something interesting today about the statistics of murder. For the life of me, I can't find the link, but if my memory serves me correctly, 90% of the murders of young, black men, were perpetrated by young black men.

AHA - Found the link. One particular paragraph demonstrates what I am talking about:

"nationally, according to the Department of Justice, 53 percent of known homicide suspects in 2010 were identified as black — although blacks comprise only 13 percent of the population. And in murders involving a single black victim and a single offender, 90 percent of the time it is a black perpetrator who murders the black victim. Similarly, 83 percent of whites are murdered by other whites."

So I ask, "Where is the race war?" I don't see it.

The whole link is here Link Removed

Not surprising to anyone, the leading cause of death for a black man, aged 15-29 is murder.

The article states, "The homicide death rate for young (ages 15 to 24) African American men (85 per 100,000 persons) is three times the rate for young Hispanic men (30 per 100,000 population), the population group with the next highest homicide mortality rate. The rates for young Asian and young white males are 9.8 and 5 per 100,000, respectively."

What's happened in the black community that condones or encourages such behavior? I wish I knew the answer. Is it a feeling of "victim-hood" and loss of power and control that causes such crimes? What can be done about it? One thing I know for certain: Those young black men who seek the life of a "thug" or "gang-banger" or whatever, have a very high likelihood of being killed because of their foolish choice.

And so it goes...

Funeral director who prepared Martin's body said there were no bruises or indicative injuries to his hands.

Link Removed

That article also says the timestamp on the police video is 40 minutes after the shooting.

I first saw it reported on MSNBC and they said it was 4 hours after the incident.

Who said he went home to clean up?? He was treated by EMTs at the scene. They would have cleaned the blood from around his wounds. It's unlikely that he would have said "Leave the blood. I like it there" or something like that. It's entirely reasonable to believe that he had cleaned up one way or another before arriving at the station. The Sanford PD said they took the clothes he was wearing. We don't know if that happened before or after the video. Most investigators try to secure possible evidence ASAP to prevent it from becoming tainted. In any case it's highly unlikely that they sent him home naked and since he lived in the gated community clean clothes were obviously retrieved for him at some point.

The police report said that he was bleeding from his face and the back of his head. Unless you're joining the Black Panthers and claiming that the PD completely fabricated the report, it's safe to say the blood was cleaned from his face/head before the video.
So here is the problem with that, 4 hours after the incident? The police report says that he was handcuffed and put in the police car at about 1920. Treated by SFR and when released, taken to the SPD for interrogation. 4 hours to treat and take to SPD? It only takes 15 minutes to drive there from the crime scene.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back