What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

I put my name on a waiting list at local gun shop for a M&P Shield 40 cal. just last week.....thinking same thing for summer carry !:agree:

Believe me, you will not be sorry. The recoil is very manageable, trigger has a nice crisp break, and I have no issues concealing it. Not to mention, it is a blast to shoot! :biggrin:

Believe me, you will not be sorry. The recoil is very manageable, trigger has a nice crisp break, and I have no issues concealing it. Not to mention, it is a blast to shoot! :biggrin:
I just picked the Shield 40 cal. up earlier this week....awesome carry gun.

After the hype on here about Remora holsters, I got one for my LC9 (no-clip IWB). WOW!. I was skeptical about not having a clip, but at least for subcompact and pocket pistols This is perfect. Only problem I can see is reholstering. Because they are designed for comfort they are "squishy" and won't stay open once the weapon is drawn. That said, if I ever have to draw vs a BG, reholstering won't become an issue unless the situation has been resolved. That said, the slippage I was worried about is non-existent. It is also easy to reposition for comfort while carrying. It also came with a free mag holster.
Link Removed

If I ever luck out and hit Lotto, I'd like to buy one of everything Ruger makes. It's more likely to be struck by lightening. I would love to buy a Ruger LCR in .357 Magnum (I have an SR40C, wouldn't mind a second one), but that revolver gets more appealing to me everyday.

If I ever luck out and hit Lotto, I'd like to buy one of everything Ruger makes.

If I hit the Lotto, I might look into some pricier, custom made high end guns. As it stands, I am a Ruger guy because of their price and reliability. My only "expensive" gun is a Benelli Super-Nova 12guage pump, and I got it on the cheap in the consignment section of my local gun store.

I switch between a rock island armory 1911 and a s&w sigma 9mm

My Sigma is very reliable in 40 cal. After 1700 rounds it has never missed a beat. Even the trigger after polishing and wear has gotten very smooth and clean.

Trust it with my life and do every day.

carrying LCP and registration

If someone else has posted something similar to this, please feel free to move this. My husband has his chcl already. He carries a 9mm with an 18 round clip right now, but with in a month or so is going to start carrying an NRA edition for a 380. I am waiting for my chcl to come in the mail.. but he did get me my gun for my birthday this week. It is a 22 rugar with a laser site. I LOVE IT!!! ( On a side note, we went ahead an registered it in his name since my license was not in yet. We live in Arkansas. Do you think this will be an issue? The people at the gun store didn't seem to think so)

First to answer the title question of the thread: I carry the Smith & Wesson M&P .40 Pro Series:dirol:- Product: Model M&P40

Second the LCP is a Great backup Gun as long as you can deal with your pinky hanging off the grip. I want to get me one one of these days. The Ruger .22 is pretty much the same thing except a little wide because its a revolver. As far as the registration... IDK a whole lot about it exept that not a single gun anywhere in my family is registered, and in most states it's not required under any circumstance. I Wouldn't ever do it. I don't need the government to know I have 211 long guns and 168 handguns. :ph34r: just kidding. so the fact that it is under his name i would think would not be a problem if you were not the one to fill out the paperwork at the gun store.

WHODAT2710 you can get a Remora with a reinforced top for reholstering. I have one. But if you can, get yourself a Remora tuckable without the reinforced top it is my favorite Remora holster.

:dirol:

Welcome to the forum! Ruger LCP .380 for summer carry, Taurus Tracker .357 magnum for winter. Hoping to get either a Glock 23 or a Springfield XD in .40 for winter carry, as the .357 is getting heavy. My wife has the Ruger LCR in .22 and she absolutely loves it!

I just changed my carry gun from a BERSA THUNDER 380 to a RUGER LC9 with factory installed LASER MAX . let me hit a few high points as to why I changed . first of all I wanted more "stopping" power so out goes the 380 caliber and hello to a 9mm . I did want a SMITH & WESSON SHIELD BUT IN THE Pittsburgh PA area, hens teeth are easier to find [how is that for Pittsburgh lingo], the one gun shop that did have one the price tag was $650.00 that is $150.00 over retail [I have bought 2 gun there but now they lost a customer] ! ! I am very happy with the RUGER ! but there are differences while the BERSA is both single and double action the RUGER is double action only . I am familiar with double action pistols but , it did take a bit of getting used to . I really like the idea of carrying with one in "the tube" with safety on . with the BERSA I did not feel comfortable carrying with a round in the barrel , so I didn't .

WHODAT2710 you can get a Remora with a reinforced top for reholstering. I have one. But if you can, get yourself a Remora tuckable without the reinforced top it is my favorite Remora holster.

:dirol:

I got it with the sweat shield, but not the reinforced top. IMHO the only problem is re-holstering. That said, while its a pain for practicing in a real situation I would not be reholstering unless the situation was over - thus I would have time. I also got a FREE mag holster with my order!!!
Link RemovedLink Removed

If I want to stick something down my pants :haha:, a Springfield Armory XD-S .45acp in a left-hand, Nate Squared Pro IWB holster, or if I don't want to stick something down my pants, same sidearm, in a left-hand, Nate's Custom Holsters OWB. Extra mag too.

Carry ammo: Standard pressure 230gr. Winchester Ranger-T.

Notice hand after 300+ round range session. Ouch. At least I cleaned the gun. 'twas a bit tatty looking. Reason I stopped was a plugged/fouled ejector sent a few pieces of brass that hit me squarely in the forehead...yeah, I'm a lefty, and ball caps are handy. Don't ask me how many rounds down range before my 300+ trip, before cleaning. The fouled ejector is the clue.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

I'm a dinosaur. I prefer my .38 special Taurus M856 to my Taurus PT145. Don't know why, but I just like that revolver better.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back