What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

kahr CW40. with an extra mag holds 6. Weighs about 17 oz. empty. It's only an inch wide. Added a slip on rubber grip
really improved the feel and groups.

I EDC and Love my Ruger SR40C. I carry it with the 9+1 in chamber , and the extended 15 round in magazine carrier. I do use an unconventional holster 3 Speed holster. I live in hot muggy Richmond, TX. Most of the time I am wearing drawstring shorts. This system works perfectly for me.Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed

I carry a Ruger LCP with a LaserMax. It's like your husband's without the camo. Very small and easy to conceal. Bad recoil. I'm sure you'll like shooting yours better....I just bought a Kel Tec P11 (9mm) and from what I've read, I'm not going to like shooting it any better than the Ruger LCP, plus it's slightly larger. So when it's all said and done, I may end up with a .22 also.

Have you tried the Ruger LC9? Looks like the LCP but better. Has real sights (adjustable rear). Uses 9mm rather than .380. It weighs 17oz compared to the 9oz LCP so the recoil is negligible. You also get an extra round over the LCP. 7+1 with an extra mag still weighs less than a full size pistol with 15rds. It has an actual safety, and comes with an optional mag bottom with a finger grip extension so your pinky ain't left hanging. (also helps with accuracy IMHO)
-
I love mine, but try one yourself and you'll see the difference over the LCP. They also now have an LC380 which I assume would have even less recoil.

Have you tried the Ruger LC9? Looks like the LCP but better. Has real sights (adjustable rear). Uses 9mm rather than .380. It weighs 17oz compared to the 9oz LCP so the recoil is negligible. You also get an extra round over the LCP. 7+1 with an extra mag still weighs less than a full size pistol with 15rds. It has an actual safety, and comes with an optional mag bottom with a finger grip extension so your pinky ain't left hanging. (also helps with accuracy IMHO)
-
I love mine, but try one yourself and you'll see the difference over the LCP. They also now have an LC380 which I assume would have even less recoil.

So far my main reasons for not trying something larger is my size. I'm only 5'2" if I stretch. My clothes are mostly fairly tight and the LCP fits nicely in my front jeans pocket. Even with only 9 0z. plus a light holster, I'm still pulling up my jeans occasionally. We have no pistol ranges anywhere around here that I know of, but if I can find somebody that has an LC9, I'll sure ask them if I can try it out. I HAVE noticed that a lot of people in this forum have them, so I assume they must be a pretty popular gun. And thanks so much for the tips. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Arkansas doesn't have registration on fire arms, I'm sure what she meant was husband bought it in his name. I can carry anyone's gun, wife brother mother dad friend it doesn't matter, the permit just allows you to carry a legal fire arm

Carry what U will.

Amie it is understandable to be curious about what others consider a concealed carry weapon of choice and notable to understand that there current choice more than likely isn't what they started out with in the beginning.
That said, what you carry needs to be what you can afford, are comfortable carrying and shooting (accurately) and what you feel you can trust to get the job done when you need a weapon.
I am currently on my 7th and 8th EDC and don't know that I will stay with these with new stuff coming out all the time, Rock Island has come out with a 22tcm caliber that is very promising and can be purchased in conjunction with a 9mm barrel.
I urge you to try anyone's and everyone's gun you can get you hands on to understand the difference in frame size (grip) ergonomics and caliber (recoil). This will only make you a better educated firearms owner, not speak of all the fun you will have fun while you do it.
To your direct question, I carry an XD40 (.40) during damp weather or a Taurus 1911 (38 Super) and I carry them both Open and Concealed (mostly open).
I wish you and your husband good luck in your quest to find the concealed carry of your dreams.

In AR her husband filled out a 4473 when he bought it. And like the other poster said you can carry a revolver if that is what you took to your CHCL class. If you took a semi auto then you can carry either one, revolver or semi auto. As long as the gun is not stolen you can carry what you wish, as long as it's under 12" long.

I don't know the laws in the OP's state but if they have gun registration she probably would need the gun to be registered to her if she wanted to carry it. I won't even get into the odd choices of calibers
I don't know of any state that would require you to go through an FFL for any in-state transfer. The only way to "reregister" a gun in someone else's name is to go through an FFL. Federal law only requires that for across state line transfers. I've never heard of states requiring you to do that for in-state transfers. I have several guns that are in other people's names and I have several friends that have guns in my name.

But I personally carry a Walther PPS in .40 S&W. Best gun I've ever shot and super comfortable in the hand. When my fiancé gets her CWP I'm getting her the same thing in 9mm.

I carried a Glock 27 for a couple years. Recently bought and carry a Smith and Wesson E Series fullsize 45 in a IWB Panther Concealment holster and it's not hard to keep it concealed at all for me. I'm 5" 10" and weigh about 200 lbs. and frequently hide it under a XL t-shirt.

Just got my hands on a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield .40, that is now my carry gun. Wanted a Walther PPS, but they are nowhere to be found. For winter carry, I plan to use my M&P full size .40.

I put my name on a waiting list at local gun shop for a M&P Shield 40 cal. just last week.....thinking same thing for summer carry !:agree:

I have carryed several different guns over the years, just about everything from a 22 to a 500 mag, but seem to have setteled on a compact 1911 45 (Kimber Ultra CDP) or a Glock 27, sometimes both, along with a TCP 380 in my pocket, I know I have said before what you carry is not as important as being able to handle what you have effectivly in a high stress situation, the bigger caliber the better, but a shot between the eyes of a BG with a 22 or a 380 is a whole lot better than a big hole in the wall from a 45......whatever you do end up carrying be as good as you can with it, (so loading, racking, shooting, and most important hitting what your shooting at) become second nature

Amie, the gun store said that because I'm fairly sure its like Tennessee there, there is no gun (registration) so it really dont matter which one of you carry what gun, so long as you have a permit, also if you just kept the gun in your home you do not need a permit at all, here you do not need a permit to buy a gun only to carry it

I usually carry my Ruger SP101, 3" .357 Magnum on me as I am right now. When I'm in semi-auto mode it is my SIG SP2022 .40 and both firearms are retained in CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe holsters.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back