What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

The Beretta 92 is a VERY nice weapon, for someone who wants a good home defense/range gun it is an excellent choice.
I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 or else a Thunder .32 both are accurate and depandable and easy to conceal. Keep the .380 loaded with Hornady Critical Defense or Corbon Pwrball ammo, the .32 always use FMJ for best penetration. People need to use a gun that they shoot well, be it a .22 or a .45 if you are confident with it and shoot accurately then do it.

I carry a Springfield Armory XD40 until I can obtain an XD(M)40. I start off with thirteen rounds of .40 S&W Hornady Critical Defense rounds, with a second magazine holding twelve rounds. I am 5'5" and weigh in at just over 200 lbs, and I wear the SA in a Blackhawk Serpa holster with no problems. I have yet to have any kind of malfunction, although I know sooner or later I will get a bad round, Like the Silvertip I got when I was on the job, with no lead in the aluminum nose. The XD operates just like a DA revolver, so I don't have to worry about missing the safety lever.

I carry a full-size Glock 22 (.40 cal) most of the time. I also have a Glock 23 (also .40) which is just slightly smaller and sometimes carry that. When it is a particularly difficult day to conceal, or if I want a back up gun, I carry a Sig Sauer P238 (.380 cal).

So long story short... I usually carry the G22 with the P238 as a BUG.

I personally would not trust the .22 for an EDC. The .380 is pushing it.

When we got the gun last week, the salesman stated because we live in the same house and he is my husband that it was okay that it was in his name

1. please don't depend on salesmen for legal info
2. if the gun never left your home it would be ok to have it in the hubby's name, however you said that YOU were getting a permit to carry, if so it would be better to have the gun in your name

I've switched from a Glock 19 and 22 to a SIG 1911 5" chambered in .45ACP. I carry it summer and winter with 2 backup 8rd mags. I live in the communist state CT. So I figured that what I can't carry in capacity I'll make up in caliber. I have found a goo holster and gunbelt make all the difference in weight distribution and concealment.

Lately, either an XDm 9mm compact with 13rd std mag (with Pearce grip) and an extra 19rd ext mag or a Ruger SR9c with a 10rd std mag and an extra 17rd ext mag. Both in Old Faithful IWB holsters. Also have an XDm .45 ACP compact that I can carry with a 9rd std mag (with Pearce grip) and an extra 13rd ext mag. Both XDm models fit in the same holster.

Prefer the SR9c... feels better concealed and lighter, but slight trade off with ammo capacity (compared to XDm). Haven't determined which I get drawn, on target, and 3 shots (2 COM + 1 head shot) off better. Both pretty equal. Seem to be able to get my grip better with the Ruger, though.

All have Federal LE HST loaded (9mm 124gr +P and .45 230gr +P). All run flawlessly.

Walther PPK 380, stainless steel with cherry wood grips, loaded with Hornady Critical Defense.

Most people who aren't as knowledgeable about guns as the members of this site are assume that when you purchase a gun, it is automatically "registered" to the purchaser, even if that state doesn't have a registry. My state, Indiana, doesn't have a gun registry, but people I know who have been longtime gun owners (longer than I've been alive) still talk about being the "registered" owners of their guns.

My primary carry weapon as of late has been an Arcus 98DA, which I carry cocked and locked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Beretta M9A1 for me. Having carried it and qualified with it in the service I was most comfortable with this 9mm.

Even MA isn't that bad. I carry mine and when I am lazy I carry my wife's S&W Bodyguard. LTC-A let's you carry any gun here, doesn't matter who owns it. As long as you didn't steal it. But if you did and got caught they would give you a firm slap on the wrist, make you tell them where you stole it from and then arrest the legal owner for not keeping it secure enough.

I have carry my XDm .45 4.5 but I use that for mainly home and winter carry, now I carry as often as I can my XDs with an extra 7 rds mag.

I tend to carry what's comfortable...meaning that I've finally found a comfortable holster.
Currently, i've settled on my Taurus CH85SS stainless snubby in a Mika pocket holster.
Maximum comfort, minimum hassle.
Speedloaders are a PITA though.

Next is my Glock 30SF, in a crossbreed IWB, very comfortable, but a bit more hassle, as I have no waist anymore so I have to wear suspenders to keep my pants from falling down...:)

I have a LC9 with a Mika pocket holster, works pretty good, but I need more time with this setup.
I have a Galco Stinger OWB backordered for the LC9, if that works, it could be the best yet!

I'm thinking of getting another crossbreed for my Colt LW Commander...
Not totally sold on the condition one yet...

So many guns, so little carry time!

Warmer months usually a Glock 26 with a Glock 17 magazine as spare.

Winter months usually a Glock 21C.

If I'm going to be in the woods, I'll carry my 3" S&W 29 with 240 gr HP for the woods and I'll change to 180 gr HP when I get back to town.

i hope you have luck with your kel-tec than i did . i am not going to go into the problems i had with gun , but i will say after sending it to the factory six weeks later when i got it back it still had problems . the happiest day i had was when i traded it in ! ! ! ! G O O D L U C K

Smith and wesson Full size 1911 OWB or a SP101, 5 shot .357 (Mostly OWB but sometimes IWB). One or the other.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back