what should i do now?

I haven't shot one but a friend of mine has one and I just called him when I read your latest post and he likes it, accurate and light weight and is a good carry gun. It took some practice to get used to the long trigger pull. Over all he would give it a thumbs up. The LC9 has gotten very good reviews thus far so as I and many others in this post have said, as long as it feels comfortable and controllable and you like it, Why not. The price is good too. The Crimson Trace laser Guard and barrel mounted lasers work fine but there could be some issues finding just the right holster at the gun shop.

@ superprincess Do not depend on laser sights, etc......., start with a basic firearm that you are comfortable with. Add ons, take away from learning to trust our senses. I believe in "Keep it Simple Stupid" KISS for short, no insult intended. Dependence on anything but the basic in the beginning will pay of in the long run. My wife wanted a laser and I said no as she is still gaining confidence. She agreed with me after thinking about it and disscussing it with an old friend. You must trust yourself. Good luck

LC9 was handgun of the year in 2011 that should say something. However for a new person to carry the LC9 might be a little to snappy. The best carry gun for someone with no experience is IMHO without a doubt the Bersa Thunder .380.
I carry one at times and it is accurate and dependable and there is some really nice defense ammo for the .380 now.

:triniti:

He was about 165-175#. And thank you. I like to think I was pretty good. I went on vacation once, when I was working for the VA. When I returned, the patients said,"We're glad you're back, now we'll get taken care of right, again." Those kind of compliments make you feel like you're doing good work.
Thanks fudo, it is always nice when people act civilized and tell the truth.

Thanks Bill Amsden for the review. It seems like I need two now, one for practice and one for concealment. Hopefully if I buy one I will win the other one. Wish me luck

@ superprincess Do not depend on laser sights, etc......., start with a basic firearm that you are comfortable with. Add ons, take away from learning to trust our senses. I believe in "Keep it Simple Stupid" KISS for short, no insult intended. Dependence on anything but the basic in the beginning will pay of in the long run. My wife wanted a laser and I said no as she is still gaining confidence. She agreed with me after thinking about it and disscussing it with an old friend. You must trust yourself. Good luck
Thanks Seeya, I am totally agreeing with you. It seems like the laser is just an added expense, which isn't really necessary. This is why I posted this thread in the general and not the woman's forum. I believe it to be a fact, men are more knowledgeable about firearms. I miss Wyldekard, he was always giving me very good advice. Thanks for helping me with that decision.

LC9 was handgun of the year in 2011 that should say something. However for a new person to carry the LC9 might be a little to snappy. The best carry gun for someone with no experience is IMHO without a doubt the Bersa Thunder .380.
I carry one at times and it is accurate and dependable and there is some really nice defense ammo for the .380 now.

:triniti:
Thanks cluznar for the suggestion, I have given it some thought and believe I need to make a list of my choices for the concealed carry and for the practice. Is the Bersa .380 a subcompact??? I checked it online, but the article didn't say if it was a compact or a subcompact size. Thanks again for your help.

Just want you guys to know, I am going to the sporting goods store now to buy eye and ear protection. Because tomorrow is the big day!!! Wish me luck!!!

hey princess best wishes in your class tomorrow! i got my permit the other day and today did my first public conceal carry 'walk' not wally world but to the grocers and a corner store .....no one gave me an evil eye or clocked me that i know of so all is good.........
i just read you missed wyldkard.......he's on my ignore list but where did he go? is he on vacation or banned for being a troll? either way i don't miss him

Good Luck superprincess and the Bersa Thunder .380 is compact, 3.5 inch barrel, very thin and conceals well in an IWB holster. It's a good shooter with controllable recoil, accurate and dependable, also very easy to take apart to clean. Bersa stands behind their guns also.

hey princess best wishes in your class tomorrow! i got my permit the other day and today did my first public conceal carry 'walk' not wally world but to the grocers and a corner store .....no one gave me an evil eye or clocked me that i know of so all is good.........
i just read you missed wyldkard.......he's on my ignore list but where did he go? is he on vacation or banned for being a troll? either way i don't miss him
Thanks eagleeyes!!! Congratulations on getting your permit!!! Sounds like the first walk was exciting and I am glad it went well for you. I am also glad no one gave you an evil eye, which reminds me I think I will buy an evil eye bracelet. I didn't know Wyldekard was on your ignore list, there is only one person on my ignore list. I always thought you two were friends, seems like when I saw one of you, I always saw the other. I really do not know if he is on vacation or banned, but whichever it is, he is really laying low. Yea I do miss Wyldekard, he always gave me very good advice.

Good Luck superprincess and the Bersa Thunder .380 is compact, 3.5 inch barrel, very thin and conceals well in an IWB holster. It's a good shooter with controllable recoil, accurate and dependable, also very easy to take apart to clean. Bersa stands behind their guns also.
Thanks!!! I will see if I can rent this one at the range. It will definitely go on my list. Thanks for your help!

superprincess
I have, and carry a Bersa 380. They come in 3 basic varieties. The Thunder 380, the Thunder 380CC , and the Thunder 380 Plus. All about the same size, but three slightly different grips. the 380 cc has finger grooves, but poor sights because it is designed for concealment. The plus has additional capacity, but the grip is only slightly larger. Most ranges that rent guns have the standard Thunder 380., shoot it, as far as recoil goes, they all shoot the same. Reliable guns at a reasonable price, covered by a lifetime warranty. Do try one, It might be what you are looking for. But, the most important thing is: do you find it comfortable to hold, and to shoot?

For not much more money than the Bersa you can pic up a good used S&W 6906. My 6906 has been a great sidearm, they're a very under rated firearm.

sblmgw.jpg

superprincess
I have, and carry a Bersa 380. They come in 3 basic varieties. The Thunder 380, the Thunder 380CC , and the Thunder 380 Plus. All about the same size, but three slightly different grips. the 380 cc has finger grooves, but poor sights because it is designed for concealment. The plus has additional capacity, but the grip is only slightly larger. Most ranges that rent guns have the standard Thunder 380., shoot it, as far as recoil goes, they all shoot the same. Reliable guns at a reasonable price, covered by a lifetime warranty. Do try one, It might be what you are looking for. But, the most important thing is: do you find it comfortable to hold, and to shoot?
Thanks JJW, one of the guys in my class today picked up his Bersa 380. He said, he got it for less than $200. I was impressed, sure if it was new it would have probably been alot more. I used a 22 for the practice today. It was easy, seem like there was no recoil. Plus very easy to load. So maybe this is the one I will purchase for target practice. The ammo was really inexpensive, compared to the 9mm I was using before.
Thanks for your help!

i'd go with at least a .380 calibre princess and practice with what you going to be carrying is what i would advise but it's what you comfortable with.......
so class was good then?

+100 on the Bersa 380, I prefer a larger caliber for a carry gun, but the Bersa is one sweet gun

I agree Rocketgeezer the one, the guy picked up today was nice. We did the target shooting first and then the class lecture. We went to shoot before the range was officially open. The guy in the lane beside me had a casualty, his thumb got skinned pretty bad. So yea, we got to see blood.

Thanks SGB, there seems to be alot to pick from. Is it true, if you have your ccwp, you can buy as many as
you want???

I'm not familiar with the purchase process requirements in NC but I know of no law restricting the number of firearms you may possess. I currently have 12 handguns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back