what should i do now?

Hey everyone, I just got a slap on the hand from my sister. She called a moment ago, we were talking about my gun permit and I think she is telepathic because she wanted me to promise to" never judge someone by their looks." She said, "The meanest looking person could be very nice ( I think she was talking about her mother in law ) and vice versa. Now I have to retract my statement on profiling.
Lesson learned maybe that is why they say" never judge a book by it's cover".

As has been very wisely said by others... "Trust your instincts!"

Mother Nature has instilled the survival instinct in all of us and all the centuries that human kind has been trying to survive has instilled some very good survival "software"... or instincts... that we don't even consciously think about.

We pick up clues about people from how they look, how they speak, how they are groomed, and their body language... and we do that without conscious thought. That is the "software" or instincts warning us something isn't right...

Trust that feeling no matter what the person looks like, says, wants, tells you, or how they behave. If you have a creepy feeling about them then your instincts have flagged them as creepy... and Mom Nature is telling you to beware.

Thanks Bikenut, I do have creepy feelings about a couple of customers who come by the store. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them
is the badguy. Last time I saw them they were acting suspicious. These two, are ones I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Thanks for your reply.

Hey guys, I just got back from the shooting range, the session went ok. I did learn a couple of things wear a better shirt, the ammo casings popped down my shirt a couple of times. Those little things were hot! Also, I feel confident on loading, after doing this by myself. Still not sure why the Springfield Armory XD jammed up.

I signed up for the July 7th CCW class. Can't wait to take this class and make progress, because the world is a dangerous place!

Hey guys, I just got back from the shooting range, the session went ok. I did learn a couple of things wear a better shirt, the ammo casings popped down my shirt a couple of times. Those little things were hot! Also, I feel confident on loading, after doing this by myself. Still not sure why the Springfield Armory XD jammed up.

I signed up for the July 7th CCW class. Can't wait to take this class and make progress, because the world is a dangerous place!

Always dress for the occasion lol, the XD could've jammed due to a number of reasons; has it been properly maintained? Do you own it or did you rent it? What type of ammo were you using?

Good to hear though that things went well!

This planet of ours, God's Green Earth, is loaded with scumbags.

I am not sure why God wants it that way, but it is.

To beat the scumbags, you need to be quicker on the draw, and a better shot, than they are.

Most of them are lazy cowards and they have not practiced their draw or their shots.

They prey on easy victims and they are afraid of the forewarned prepared and armed citizens.

So you need to get really good at your draw and your shots.

Just practice that.

Memorize and learn everything that you are being taught then practice it.

There is always one more thing.

Can you shoot and kill a scumbag?

That's the hardest part.

Army and Marine infantry learn how to do it on the bayonette drill fields.

Not on the rifle range. But on the bayonette drill fields.

That's what you will ultimately need to learn as a civilian though.

I am confident in your instructors and I am confident in you as a person.

Do you have any actual experience to back your suppositions up?

Always dress for the occasion lol, the XD could've jammed due to a number of reasons; has it been properly maintained? Do you own it or did you rent it? What type of ammo were you using?

Good to hear though that things went well!
Thanks RJ_Whitlock, I am not sure if the XD was properly maintained. I rented it at the range, along with the eye and ear protection. The name of the ammo is Federal Champion 9mm Luger 115 grain FMJ RN. This is the ammo the clerk sold me with the rental. Which I didn't use all of it, the extra is here with me. Where do you think I should store it? Thanks for your help!

This reply is for the Anti Sheepdog, Just want you to know you are PERMANENTLY on my ignore list. Which means anything you have to say. I do not wish to hear!!!!

Thanks RJ_Whitlock, I am not sure if the XD was properly maintained. I rented it at the range, along with the eye and ear protection. The name of the ammo is Federal Champion 9mm Luger 115 grain FMJ RN. This is the ammo the clerk sold me with the rental. Which I didn't use all of it, the extra is here with me. Where do you think I should store it? Thanks for your help!

A cool dry place is the best for storing ammo.

Thanks RJ_Whitlock, for helping me with that question. This is the results from todays range vist. I have 28 ammos left from the box of 50. Here is the result from my target there are two holes on the bullseye circle.
Two holes in the circle around the bullseye. Six holes on the edge of the same circle. Four holes in the nine circle. Two holes in the eight circle. Four in the head area outside of the circles, There is one at the edge of the head area on the white paper and the last hole is at the bottom of the seven circle. I can only take credit for 21 of these. The store clerk did one of these shots after helping me unjam the XD.

We met at the range today, I was sad to learn when I read this thread that the reason for you being there today was because of a robbery. I read a few of the posts and one in particular I agree with. Take some gun training, I overheard that you are going to take your conceal/carry class at the range. If you get the same instructor I had you will get first rate information and training. They also will provide additional training if needed at a fee of course. What I saw today was that you were nervous, and rightfully so. As stated in other posts try several handguns until they feel good in your hand. Can you close your hand fully around the grip and does it feel comfortable when grasping the trigger, Can you aim at a target and hold the gun steady, that sort of thing. Take your time and relax. It will come to you. If I may suggest, try a .38 the next time you go to the range. Getting a permit to purchase a handgun in Wake County takes 7 days exactly. Back ground check and cooling off period as it was described to me. I saw your target and had you had a weapon you certainly would have given the suspect that robbed you a very bad day. Practice!!!!!!!!! Next time at the range, again if I may suggest, purchase the pepper spray they have. It certainly is a deter-ant while you are learning and honing your shooting skills. Take care and best of luck....maybe I'll see you at the range again.

We met at the range today, I was sad to learn when I read this thread that the reason for you being there today was because of a robbery. I read a few of the posts and one in particular I agree with. Take some gun training, I overheard that you are going to take your conceal/carry class at the range. If you get the same instructor I had you will get first rate information and training. They also will provide additional training if needed at a fee of course. What I saw today was that you were nervous, and rightfully so. As stated in other posts try several handguns until they feel good in your hand. Can you close your hand fully around the grip and does it feel comfortable when grasping the trigger, Can you aim at a target and hold the gun steady, that sort of thing. Take your time and relax. It will come to you. If I may suggest, try a .38 the next time you go to the range. Getting a permit to purchase a handgun in Wake County takes 7 days exactly. Back ground check and cooling off period as it was described to me. I saw your target and had you had a weapon you certainly would have given the suspect that robbed you a very bad day. Practice!!!!!!!!! Next time at the range, again if I may suggest, purchase the pepper spray they have. It certainly is a deter-ant while you are learning and honing your shooting skills. Take care and best of luck....maybe I'll see you at the range again.

Thanks Bill Amsden, for your reply. I was a little nervous as this was my second time at the range. The first time was when I took the basic introductory class. The guy you saw who checked us out ( the one chasing the bull dog) he was the instructor. I made sure he wasn't going to be the instructor for the concealed carry, because if he was then I was going somewhere else to take the class. I have my permit now I am waiting for the real permit. Thanks again for your reply and the good advice.

You should consider investing in a gun safe in order to protect your investments (Guns & Ammo)

Congrats on the successful session and your upcoming CCW class.

You should consider investing in a gun safe in order to protect your investments (Guns & Ammo)

Congrats on the successful session and your upcoming CCW class.
Thanks Sir Diealotz for the congrats! Until I make the purchase, I will just store this box of ammo in the closet.
This is going to be a really tough decision when the time comes to make the purchase.

The man that checked us out is an ex combat marine, yeh I agree he is a little out there but he is a nice guy. I am quite certain he could teach us things that we wouldn't get from our instructors. I'll keep watching this forum to see your progress, good luck to you.

The man that checked us out is an ex combat marine, yeh I agree he is a little out there but he is a nice guy. I am quite certain he could teach us things that we wouldn't get from our instructors. I'll keep watching this forum to see your progress, good luck to you.
Thanks Bill Amsden for your reply, I remember he said he was ex-marine. and I know he is an excellent shot.
When he gave the basic introductory class, I have to say I was very impressed with his shooting skills. He shot the bulls eye in the same exact spot on the target. I am speaking of the small target in the upper
left hand corner. I am not sure how many people can do that and make it look so easy. So now that I have given it some thought, he maybe just the right person to give me instruction. After I make my purchase I believe I will ask him for a shooting lesson. Thanks for helping me with a new perspective!

Thanks Bill Amsden for your reply, I remember he said he was ex-marine. and I know he is an excellent shot.
When he gave the basic introductory class, I have to say I was very impressed with his shooting skills. He shot the bulls eye in the same exact spot on the target. I am speaking of the small target in the upper
left hand corner. I am not sure how many people can do that and make it look so easy. So now that I have given it some thought, he maybe just the right person to give me instruction. After I make my purchase I believe I will ask him for a shooting lesson. Thanks for helping me with a new perspective!

Don't sell yourself short Princess, almost anybody can shoot like that with the proper coaching/training and practice, and I'm not talking about going and blasting away with 4 or5 hundred rds at a sitting, you need to be shown the correct ways of holding, sighting, breathing, when shooting, and you do need a gun that can group good, you can shoot all day long but if your not refining the correct way of doing it you won't improve

For your first carry gun I suggest either a Bersa Thunder .380 which if loaded with good self defense ammo will do the job.
This gun is also easy to shoot with mild recoil, and also dependable. But as with any carry gun put a minimum of 250 rounds thru it before carrying it. You might also want to think about a Bersa Thunder .32 for carry, even less recoil.
Both of these guns are excellent for a first carry weapon. After carrying and shooting for a year, you can decide if you want a larger caliber like a 9mm. First you need to get used to shooting and carrying. Bersa guns are reliable and are relatively inexpensive. I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 at times loaded with Corbon Pwrball ammo and trust it.
Shot placement means everything, you put a round or two in the chest and it will stop him.

:neo:

For your first carry gun I suggest either a Bersa Thunder .380 which if loaded with good self defense ammo will do the job.
This gun is also easy to shoot with mild recoil, and also dependable. But as with any carry gun put a minimum of 250 rounds thru it before carrying it. You might also want to think about a Bersa Thunder .32 for carry, even less recoil.
Both of these guns are excellent for a first carry weapon. After carrying and shooting for a year, you can decide if you want a larger caliber like a 9mm. First you need to get used to shooting and carrying. Bersa guns are reliable and are relatively inexpensive. I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 at times loaded with Corbon Pwrball ammo and trust it.
Shot placement means everything, you put a round or two in the chest and it will stop him.

:neo:

The Bersa 38 is a excelent weapon to start with, personaly I prefer the bigger calibers, but as you said super easy to use, but we did not see any type of "break in " trouble, ours shot flawless from the first bang, however I have to back up on the 32, I mean if thats all you got so be it, but given the choice I would never rec anything under 380, and thats iffy, I know shot placement is important but if it hits it needs to do more than piss the BG off, and you cannot count on head shots, I know a slingshot can kill you, but I'd rather have a 45

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back