what should i do now?

Dont let it overwhelm you. Just make sure you like the way it feels.

Dont let it overwhelm you. Just make sure you like the way it feels.

Thanks misunderstood!!! My plans are to test shoot a few and check several different stores, to see what
is available. My class is July 7th and I am highly anticipating it. The clerk who signed me up for the class,
says they fill up quick. I suppose more people are taking their safety seriously.

Don't sell yourself short Princess, almost anybody can shoot like that with the proper coaching/training and practice, and I'm not talking about going and blasting away with 4 or5 hundred rds at a sitting, you need to be shown the correct ways of holding, sighting, breathing, when shooting, and you do need a gun that can group good, you can shoot all day long but if your not refining the correct way of doing it you won't improve
Thanks Rocketgeezer, for your reply, I suppose it will be a good idea to take lessons from the ex-marine, after
I make my purchase. He is very impressive with his shooting skills. Maybe someday, I will be as good as him, with more practice of course.

Pay attention to the best shooters, Superprincess. There are many quacks around when it comes to claiming to be experts. Pay close attention in your classes, and accept what they tell you. You may get some contradictory advice from some experts, but that's ok. You will find out what works for you. I've been shooting and teaching for about 50 years and I still learn from different folks. You sound like a very intelligent lady.

Best wishes.

Pay attention to the best shooters, Superprincess. There are many quacks around when it comes to claiming to be experts. Pay close attention in your classes, and accept what they tell you. You may get some contradictory advice from some experts, but that's ok. You will find out what works for you. I've been shooting and teaching for about 50 years and I still learn from different folks. You sound like a very intelligent lady.

Best wishes.
Thanks Jim Page for the reply and compliment! I am very glad to have found this site and to have posted in the exact location, my thread is in. The reason is going to be left unsaid.

Remember once you pull a gun to use, shoot center mass and keep shooting till the threat is over.

:triniti:

Remember once you pull a gun to use, shoot center mass and keep shooting till the threat is over.

:triniti:
Thanks cluznar, but I am hoping no more than two shots will take care of the bg, unless he is an alien, then I maybe in serious trouble. If that is the case, hopefully everyone at usacarry will come to my assistance.

it might be a lil late to enter that being it draws tomorrow but if you're in it princess i hope you win it
best wishes

Thanks cluznar, but I am hoping no more than two shots will take care of the bg, unless he is an alien, then I maybe in serious trouble. If that is the case, hopefully everyone at usacarry will come to my assistance.

SP - HOPE IS NOT A PLAN. Once you start to shoot, you shoot until the threat is no longer a threat, or you run out of ammo. There are literally thousands of cases where attackers have taken as many as 41 hits before stopping. These are humans, not aliens. I treated a guy who took 3 rounds of 00 buck shot from 3', he lived and healed rapidly, He was drawing a .357 to kill 2 police officers when he was shot.

Does anyone own a Ruger LC9 Centerfire Pistol Adjustable 3-Dot/Crimson Trace® Laserguard®, if so what is your honest opinion.

Ruger® LC9™ Centerfire Pistol Models

Not a pleasent gun to shoot, its primary job is a small 9mm for concealment, which it does well, but the yard long trigger is terrable, definatly would not recamend for first gun, your going to want to go to the range and shoot, and that little gun is not one I would do any range work with, now I'm not down on Ruger, in fact any of the small light, pistols 380 or 9mm are not a lot of fun at the range, after a few rds they will start to hurt, and you will get a flinch, anticipating the gun firering and the sting your going to get, and as far as the lazer, do not waste your time they are a toy, most people shoot worse with the lazer than with sights, I know the idea, put the dot on the target and bang it don't work exactly that way, you still have to hold steady and squeeze the trigger, they have there place, and if you practice with one you can get good with it, and in little or no light conditions may be a advantage, but something to remember if you put the dot on a BG he or she can see where you are, and he may be a better shot?........if you can it would be nice if you could have two, a compact or midsize 9mm, Glock 23, or 26, a XD-9 Ruger SR9C, all very good shooting dependable guns, a little large for concealment but certainly not imposable, and at the range you will be glad you have the little bigger gun, now as i said it you can get a second, the small Ruger LCP 380, or Taurus TCP 380, I prefer the Taurus, and have had both, the little ones are small enough to conceal about anywhere, great ankle guns, or small purse, boot, or wherever, also I know there are several other small 380 and 9mm guns, just remember as with anything else you get, sorry didn't intend to get this long winded, I we shot a LC9 recently and hated it

SP - HOPE IS NOT A PLAN. Once you start to shoot, you shoot until the threat is no longer a threat, or you run out of ammo. There are literally thousands of cases where attackers have taken as many as 41 hits before stopping. These are humans, not aliens. I treated a guy who took 3 rounds of 00 buck shot from 3', he lived and healed rapidly, He was drawing a .357 to kill 2 police officers when he was shot.
Fudo thanks for this reply, I searched 00 buck shot and saw the picture. The page I read said it was for hunting larger game. This man must have been the incredible hulk. The buck shot looked like it would really hurt. You must be very good at what you do, for him to heal so quickly.

Fudo thanks for this reply, I searched 00 buck shot and saw the picture. The page I read said it was for hunting larger game. This man must have been the incredible hulk. The buck shot looked like it would really hurt. You must be very good at what you do, for him to heal so quickly.

He was about 165-175#. And thank you. I like to think I was pretty good. I went on vacation once, when I was working for the VA. When I returned, the patients said,"We're glad you're back, now we'll get taken care of right, again." Those kind of compliments make you feel like you're doing good work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back