what should i do now?

superprincess how have you been with your experience? You doing ok now?

superprincess how have you been with your experience? You doing ok now?
Thanks misunderstood for your question. I will tell you the truth, I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy. Being on the wrong end of a firearm and not knowing what the persons plans are, is a real life changing event. I never trusted people before and this event has caused me to go one step further. I don't mind if everyone knows, from the moment I was victimized, I wil profile people for the rest of my life. It doesn't necessarily mean skin color. For me it is going to be mostly the way you portray yourself to the world. If you are going to dress like a thug with the hoodie and pants falling down, with large gold jewelry and music coming from your car, which is to loud. Also with a group of people who are trying to be just as bad as you. Then I am going to look at you suspiciously and if you hang around to long. Then I will call the police. It isn't always blacks, which act in this manner, there are white people who are just as guilty, as well as hispanics.

Good news is tomorrow I can go pick up my gun permit. The tough part comes next, I wish to take the concealed carry class in July.
Wish me luck! Thanks again for your reply.

Good news is tomorrow I can go pick up my gun permit. The tough part comes next, I wish to take the concealed carry class in July.
Wish me luck! Thanks again for your reply.

Superprincess you are definitely born again hard, so you won't need luck, just pay attention to every word the instructor tells you, and practice it over and over.

Then ask to take the next class after that.

Hang in there babygirl and you will do just fine.

Superprincess you are definitely born again hard, so you won't need luck, just pay attention to every word the instructor tells you, and practice it over and over.

Then ask to take the next class after that.

Hang in there babygirl and you will do just fine.

Thanks Shoobee for the vote of confidence. It makes it easier when someone believes in you.

I wish to take the class for concealed carry, how difficult is it?

the class for conceal carry is easy at least it was in florida.....as all they done was go over basic gun safety and gun laws mostly .....then we went to a range to fire a shot and that was it
as far as your own personal training goes, that is something you must do on your own
i'm lucky for my son taking time to teach me and take me to the range when he can, i'm also signed up for a defense class in a few weeks so that will be excellent to have under my belt as well.....and as i go i will seek out other classes along the way and continue my practice and build up tactical skills
best wishes princess you can do it and anything you put your focus and attentions on
Link Removed

Thanks eagleeyes for the postive feedback. I am trying to stay focused. It is hard sometimes because I feel as if I get stressed out more easily. The pistol permit
is now in my possession. Which I can't make good use of until I have some
training and practice, so I don't make a purchase which i am not happy with.
I contacted an instructor today concerning the concealed carry class, I am waiting
for his reply. What if I don't have enough training before I take the test? Thanks for your reply.

not sure what the test is in your state but all we had to do here was pick up an already loaded revolver aim at a target you couldn't miss if you tried, fire a shot and put the revolver back on the bench
i was hoping for more range time but that's all that's required in florida
i suggest you find a friend who knows about firearms and go to a range together rent a gun or two and get some experience that way and while on line go to you tube it has plenty of good firearm lessons you can watch but if i come across more stuff like that i will post them for you as well
google is your friend you can look up just about anything you need to know and get ideas.....and hands on is what you will need as well so off you go on your way just like me to learning and experimenting with techniques and practice........you will be fine just keep focused on what you doing esp when you have a gun in your hands at all times

This planet of ours, God's Green Earth, is loaded with scumbags.

I am not sure why God wants it that way, but it is.

To beat the scumbags, you need to be quicker on the draw, and a better shot, than they are.

Most of them are lazy cowards and they have not practiced their draw or their shots.

They prey on easy victims and they are afraid of the forewarned prepared and armed citizens.

So you need to get really good at your draw and your shots.

Just practice that.

Memorize and learn everything that you are being taught then practice it.

There is always one more thing.

Can you shoot and kill a scumbag?

That's the hardest part.

Army and Marine infantry learn how to do it on the bayonette drill fields.

Not on the rifle range. But on the bayonette drill fields.

That's what you will ultimately need to learn as a civilian though.

I am confident in your instructors and I am confident in you as a person.

This planet of ours, God's Green Earth, is loaded with scumbags.

I am not sure why God wants it that way, but it is.

I am confident in your instructors and I am confident in you as a person.

Thanks Shoobee for believing in me. I totally agree with you there are alot of scumbags here in my location. I even had one ask me today to give him a ride home. I said no I am not going that way. Which if he was a decent human being in need of a ride I may have considered it. Yea I believe I would have no problem knocking off a few scumbags such as the ones we have seen in the news lately. The cannibal, the child molester and the wanna-be cop home invaders and I can't leave out the robbery thug. I really hope they catch him, because he needs to apologize to me for stealing my ( it can't and won't happen to me state of mind innocence ). He has forced me into taking these measures. Otherwise I would still believe in the good of humanity.

I have asked for more time off from work so I can study and practice. The instructor for the concealed carry class contacted me, his next class is scheduled for June 30th. Maybe i will have enough time to study and practice before then. Wish me luck. Thanks for your reply.

Hey everyone, I just got a slap on the hand from my sister. She called a moment ago, we were talking about my gun permit and I think she is telepathic because she wanted me to promise to" never judge someone by their looks." She said, "The meanest looking person could be very nice ( I think she was talking about her mother in law ) and vice versa. Now I have to retract my statement on profiling.
Lesson learned maybe that is why they say" never judge a book by it's cover".

Hey everyone, I just got a slap on the hand from my sister. She called a moment ago, we were talking about my gun permit and I think she is telepathic because she wanted me to promise to" never judge someone by their looks." She said, "The meanest looking person could be very nice ( I think she was talking about her mother in law ) and vice versa. Now I have to retract my statement on profiling.
Lesson learned maybe that is why they say" never judge a book by it's cover".

While it's a good idea to not judge a book by it's cover it's NEVER a good idea to ignore your instincts, always trust your gut.

yup princess your sister gave you sound advice! criminals can be very suave until they get you where they want you.......they can be well mannered and dressed.......not all criminals walk around in hoodies with their pants dragging down past their butts.......and then again not all hoodie wearing gold teeth blinging types are thugs either
but like sgb said trust your instincts ........
best wishes

yup princess your sister gave you sound advice! criminals can be very suave until they get you where they want you.......they can be well mannered and dressed.......not all criminals walk around in hoodies with their pants dragging down past their butts.......and then again not all hoodie wearing gold teeth blinging types are thugs either
but like sgb said trust your instincts ........
best wishes

Thanks eageleyes, I suppose this case is a prime example!

Link Removed

wow princess just reading the headline i suspected he was the father of that child
sad men would rather kill a woman and her child just to get out of sharing the responsibility.......hope he rots in jail for life

wow princess just reading the headline i suspected he was the father of that child
sad men would rather kill a woman and her child just to get out of sharing the responsibility.......hope he rots in jail for life

Eagleeyes, IF he is found guilty I hope he gets the death penalty, I don't think the taxpayers should have to support him. The article stated, he served as the Chief of Police in Tittabawassee Township before taking the job in Buena Vista Township. This link shows his trial starts September 19, we have to wait and see what happens.

Gratiot County sheriff: Kenneth Bluew 'a model prisoner,' was not transferred because of 'incidents' at Gratiot County Jail | MLive.com

While it's a good idea to not judge a book by it's cover it's NEVER a good idea to ignore your instincts, always trust your gut.
Thanks SGB, This was excellent advice for everyone! After being victimized, I have noticed it seems as if there are more and more crimes. Plus you never know when you are going to be a victim.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back