What if your state repealed concealed carry?

AvidshooterTX

Fortunately most states in the Union have decided to implement some form of legal concealed carry or open carry and more seem to be coming on board every day. But what if your state suddenly did a 180 and decided to be like IL and allow no carry of any kind? As a CHL/CCW holder what would you do? Would you abruptly stop carrying everywhere and comply with the new law?

That got me to thinking: If you wanted to take over a country with a lot of people in it with guns, what would be the best way to identify the most rabbid gun owners? You know, the ones most likely to show armed resistance to a hostile government? First you'd like to know who "they" are but gun registration lists haven't been kept. So a first step might be to make the laws a bit more lax and allow these folks to identify themselves by signing up for the permits... Just my conspiratorial mind (with a Communist in the White House can you blame me?)

Sorry, this ended up being sort of two different threads.

Well, I had to sign up to even get a permit to buy. let alone carry (which all fall under getting the permt it) so they got my name and any guns I bought. Too bad I lost them all in the boating accident.

A

Interesting prospect, those that give can also take away. Way too many of us on the roles to simply just confiscate our property. A few may fall initially, but once the words out a resistance not seen since the American Revolution will be unleashed!

Who is John Galt?

Fortunately most states in the Union have decided to implement some form of legal concealed carry or open carry and more seem to be coming on board every day. But what if your state suddenly did a 180 and decided to be like IL and allow no carry of any kind? As a CHL/CCW holder what would you do? Would you abruptly stop carrying everywhere and comply with the new law?

That got me to thinking: If you wanted to take over a country with a lot of people in it with guns, what would be the best way to identify the most rabbid gun owners? You know, the ones most likely to show armed resistance to a hostile government? First you'd like to know who "they" are but gun registration lists haven't been kept. So a first step might be to make the laws a bit more lax and allow these folks to identify themselves by signing up for the permits... Just my conspiratorial mind (with a Communist in the White House can you blame me?)

Sorry, this ended up being sort of two different threads.

I have friends who will not get carry permits for just this reason, they tell me: "When they come for the guns, they're coming to your house first".

On the 1st topic: Rescinding my "right" to carry (carry permits are un-Constitutional, let's be clear on that) does not negate my God-given right to self-defense or protection of my family. Nuff said...

First of all, if you don't think records are being kept, you are mistaken. Do you sign when you go to the range? List guns on any of your insurance policies? Ever take a training class? Had a background check? Bought a gun? Do you really think that all of those records have been tossed?

Second, Guns? What guns? I don't have guns anymore!

I have friends who will not get carry permits for just this reason, they tell me: "When they come for the guns, they're coming to your house first".

On the 1st topic: Rescinding my "right" to carry (carry permits are un-Constitutional, let's be clear on that) does not negate my God-given right to self-defense or protection of my family. Nuff said...

And when they come to our houses first, to get our guns, lets give them the bullets FIRST! Nuff said...

First of all, if you don't think records are being kept, you are mistaken. Do you sign when you go to the range? List guns on any of your insurance policies? Ever take a training class? Had a background check? Bought a gun? Do you really think that all of those records have been tossed?

Second, Guns? What guns? I don't have guns anymore!
This is an excellent point. If a person has signed in at a firing range, purchased a legal firearm, or entered a certain type of post on a web-site such as this, there is a record. A permit is just another form of documentation. However as most members know, depending on the laws of your state (or not), you have a right to sell your firearms at any point in time. Just keep an invoice. There is no assurance that the purhaser provided you with correct identification and you didn't have the means to run a background check. I couldn't imagine anyone attempting to confuse legal authorities like this, but I bet there are some folks who would give it a whirl. :wacko:

Carry permit=registration? Not so.

Only California, Nevada, and New York, list the permit holder's guns (or more specifically, the guns the permit holder is authorized to carry with the permit) on carry permits. In all other states, permit holders can generally carry any one or more handguns with the permit. While a carry permit would be a very strong indication the permit holder has one or more guns, it provides no indication of whether the person has 1 or 100.

In Link Removed, a permit holder is exempt from federal firearm purchase background checks, which provides a greater level of personal privacy regarding individual guns.

Only California, Nevada, and New York, list the permit holder's guns (or more specifically, the guns the permit holder is authorized to carry with the permit) on carry permits. In all other states, permit holders can generally carry any one or more handguns with the permit. While a carry permit would be a very strong indication the permit holder has one or more guns, it provides no indication of whether the person has 1 or 100.

In Link Removed, a permit holder is exempt from federal firearm purchase background checks, which provides a greater level of personal privacy regarding individual guns.

ARIZONA is one of those states.:biggrin:

Didn't say that concealed carry = gun registration; my argument (actually, several friends' argument) was, as you stated, that "...a carry permit would be a very strong indication the permit holder has one or more guns".

My original point wasn't that they would know where the guns are but that they would know who the most likely to revolt are. They're going to round up people, not guns.

They can have my single shot .22 that I use for conceal carry. I never could afford anything more than that. I know it's old and looks bad, but .. it shoots.

what if your state suddenly did a 180 and decided to be like IL and allow no carry of any kind? As a CHL/CCW holder what would you do? Would you abruptly stop carrying everywhere and comply with the new law?

The only thing that would change for me is that I wouldn't open carry anymore.

Other than that, I'd be a criminal because I'd carry without my license. My state has the right to keep and bear arms in our state constitution, so I'd fall back on that if caught. But if that were repealed, I'd carry anyway for protection from those who would use the new law as a victim shooting range.

...they would know who the most likely to revolt are. They're going to round up people, not guns.
I believe this type of clinical paranoia can be treated with drugs:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[1]Persecutory delusions, also known as querulant delusions, are the most common type of delusions.[citation needed]

The affected person believes they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements:[2]

The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur,
The individual thinks that the persecutor has the intention to cause harm.
The perceived persecution may involve the theme of being followed, harassed, cheated, poisoned or drugged, conspired against, spied on, attacked, or obstructed in the pursuit of goals. Sometimes the delusion is isolated and fragmented, but sometimes are well-organized belief systems involving a complex set of delusions ("systematized delusions").​
Sometimes the whole 2A thing seems pretty much a systematized delusion around here, to me.

[1]Persecutory delusions, also known as querulant delusions, are the most common type of delusions.[citation needed]

The affected person believes they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements:[2]

The perceived persecution may involve the theme of being followed, harassed, cheated, poisoned or drugged, conspired against, spied on, attacked, or obstructed in the pursuit of goals. Sometimes the delusion is isolated and fragmented, but sometimes are well-organized belief systems involving a complex set of delusions ("systematized delusions").​
Sometimes the whole 2A thing seems pretty much a systematized delusion around here, to me.

Ha ha. Have you seen the people in the White House lately? I think they're the ones who need psychological help.

SSHHHHHHH...be bearwy quiewet...

I think I would turn into Elmer Fudd and go rabid hunting.

It would not go well for the rednecks! It would go even worse for those coming to round them up. If you pick a fight with a redneck...you pick a fight with all of them. Ask the English Army about pissed off farmers.........

It's obvious that you're unfamiliar with world history, especially the last 70 years. If people had been delusional, as you suggest, millions upon millions of such people may not have perished. Ignorance and naivety is a far more dangerous form of delusion than that which you suggest is delusional. You also seem very unfamiliar with the reading of the 2A, especially with the word "INFRINGE". Take some time and reference the THOUSANDS of times that the government has infringed in violation of the 2A of our Constitution, and continues to infringe to the present day. I don't believe anyone around here is delusional, quite to the contrary. :pleasantry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back