What do you guys do for a living?

That's pretty sweet... trauma surgeon. I'd like to sit in on a few of those

What I do

All the programmers out there please take it easy on me! I'm a QA Test Engineer for a credit card software company. Gotta love it! I get paid to break stuff!

So if any of you need some software tested, I need an Aimpoint for my AR! Maybe we can make a trade! lol

I tame lions, verify computers, quell insurrections, stop riots, do brain surgery, part time astronaut, international spying, sex therapist, Presidential adviser, lawyer, electrical engineer, and nuclear physicist. In my spare time I memorize the logarithm tables, give marital advise and teach math, Tai Kwon do, auto mechanics, and quantum theory. For hobbies I drive in NASCAR races, and engage in UFC fighting.

Well anyone need any help on any of those?

OK, Ok I'm really a retired international business man and part time newspaper columnist. :D:D

Puppy, I don't see how you have time to view sites like this as busy as you must be. It must be all about time management. :D

According to my diploma, I'm a civil engineer. The work I actually do is in the crane & rigging industry. I'm a project engineer, testing engineer, and occasionally, I design rigging tools and equipment (mainly structural stuff). I rarely do the same thing twice, but everything I work on is heavy. To date, my biggest lift has been 300 tons. It's an awesome field to work in.

According to my diploma, I'm a civil engineer. The work I actually do is in the crane & rigging industry. I'm a project engineer, testing engineer, and occasionally, I design rigging tools and equipment (mainly structural stuff). I rarely do the same thing twice, but everything I work on is heavy. To date, my biggest lift has been 300 tons. It's an awesome field to work in.

You might know my little brother..he flies all over the world and oversees all the heavy equipment comming into a country..and I think he is a part time "spook" too! He got his start after the 1st gulf war by getting all the equipment into Kuwait to put out the fires..he has worked for Bechtel and FlourDaniel and a couple others international Companies..he now works for him self and his last gig was in Madigascar..he flies out agn in NOV..I have a fascination for cranes and lifting heavy things...got any "scary" stories?

I'm only about 3 years into it....anything truly scary has been regaled to me by others. The work I'm in now is mainly load testing other people's equipment. That sometimes involves breaking things. It's pretty neat to see something rated for, say, 200 tonnes let go at about 2.1 million pounds. You think a .40 S&W is deadly? Try a 10 lb hunk of steel that just let go. LOTS 'O' DENTS!

But, I'm proud to say I've never dropped a load or caused any damage....unless someone paid me to do it.

Ok youall asked for this. Before becoming a high voltage lineman I was a surgeon.Damn fine one I might add.There was not a tree i could not cut.

Ok youall asked for this. Before becoming a high voltage lineman I was a surgeon.Damn fine one I might add.There was not a tree i could not cut.

LOL !! I was also known as Dr. Daylight. " You want a light thinning? .... Ok, thin for light ! " As far as the lineman goes .... hats off to you.I don't mind trimming, but I stayed away from the mean green. I was strictly residential - preservation.

It might be handy at times to know what you guys do for a living. For example, if there are any electricians out there I could use some advice on wiring a 3-way switch. :)

I doubt my profession will be much help to you guys but I'll throw it out there to get things started.

I'm an IT Director for an oil and gas exploration and production company. If you're thinking about starting a company and need IT advice give me a holler. If you need help with an oil rig in your back yard I can help you there as well. :)

Geologist :D

Tarzan

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back