What Do You Carry?

Glock 27 .40S&W 9+1 Galco Stealth ankle holster mainly as I wear slacks to work everyday. This rig hides well under slacks and believe me it needs to be well concealed while at the office. I am also now carrying a G23 IWB at the office and using the G27 as a BUG. When I am on duty as a reserve deputy my primary is the Glock 20 and again I use my G27 with ankle holster as BUG.

Link Removed

I also use the belly band when wearing shorts, jeans etc.

Last edited:
for CCW

I have been carring for about 4 years here in Florida. I carry a Keltec PF9 w/belt clip, Always carry my Kimber Pro Carry .45 in my car, and also use my Kimber IWB in cooler weather.

Primarily OC (Summer months anyway) of a Taurus PT92 Stainless using a Desantis Yaqui slide.

Wanting a 1911

Probably going to get my wife a .380 for her purse.

I've carried alot of guns over the years. On occasion when the mood strikes, I'll go back to the trusty 1911 I used for years. Or perhaps a .44 Spl or .45 Colt revolver just to be different.
However, 90% of the time this is what's riding on my hip these days.
Link Removed
Smith & Wesson Model 13 .357 Magnum 3" barrel.

Undergunned?

I am beginning to feel a little undergunned from the conversation so far. I carry a Kel Tek 380 in a hip pocket holster for work each day. I can carry it all day without any discomfort and it is always accessable. Working in a shirt and tie enviorment all day, with all the heat in the highplains area of the southwest, wearing a coat is out of the question, unless I am wanting to risk heatstroke. The major difference is that as I got older my hips have disappeared and packing a heavy gun pulls my pants down. Very hard to look cool while holding up your pants with one hand.

Primarily OC (Summer months anyway) of a Taurus PT92 Stainless using a Desantis Yaqui slide.

Wanting a 1911

I STRONGLY advise that she carry on her person. Knowing the way that Mr. Murphy works, the day she'll need her firearm it will be sitting nicely in her purse on the other side of the booth at the local fast food joint. :eek:

Try out a bunch of holsters, I'm sure that she'll find something that she's comfortable with.

gf

I am beginning to feel a little undergunned from the conversation so far. I carry a Kel Tek 380 in a hip pocket holster for work each day. I can carry it all day without any discomfort and it is always accessable. Working in a shirt and tie enviorment all day, with all the heat in the highplains area of the southwest, wearing a coat is out of the question, unless I am wanting to risk heatstroke. The major difference is that as I got older my hips have disappeared and packing a heavy gun pulls my pants down. Very hard to look cool while holding up your pants with one hand.

Undergunned?? Not at all! A well placed shot from your .380 and it's lights out bad guy! Your weapon is going to do the job it was designed to do and that's protect your life. Don't under estimate the .380, it is a lethal round! Give it some credit. If someone asked me if I would rather be shot by a .45 or a .380? I would have to say neither:sarcastic:

I STRONGLY advise that she carry on her person. Knowing the way that Mr. Murphy works, the day she'll need her firearm it will be sitting nicely in her purse on the other side of the booth at the local fast food joint. :eek:

Try out a bunch of holsters, I'm sure that she'll find something that she's comfortable with.

gf

I'll see. She's not as comfortable with OC as I am, and not very many bits of her clothing lend themselves well to CC.

If I can get her to carry at all she'll be 1000% better off than what she is now when I'm not with her. I think she's willing, it's just up to getting the paperwork through for her permit.

Might I suggest the brand new Ruger LCP.

The Ruger LCP? - Lightweight Compact Pistol

I am considering it for an additional gun for my wife. She currently carries a Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro.

Looks like a nice piece. I'm currently a big taurus fan. After we've got her permit we're going to go shopping.

We borrowed a friend of mine's compact glock 9mm, and the recoil was too much. It was too light and felt like it was jumping all over. She liked its weight for carrying it, but was not comfortable at all shooting it. She doesn't mind the recoil on the full-frame, but it's a bit much for her to carry she thinks.

So I'm figuring a .380 compact for a little lower recoil, but still keep the weight down. I'm going to try to find a .38 revolver for her to try too. Not as many shots I know, but less thinking to operate. Maybe one of the newer hammerless designs. Not sure on the recoil of a compact .38 revolver though. Gonna have to find a couple to borrow and go to the range :)

Last edited:

Wanting a 1911

Purse carry is generally a bad idea. Won't do too much good against a purse snatcher.

Purse carry is generally a bad idea. Won't do too much good against a purse snatcher.

True enough.

Have to borrow a compact from someone with a holster or two and mess around with it. Maybe I can talk her into OC...then she wouldn't have to worry about getting a compact....:victory:

I carry a glock 23C in a IWB from high noon holsters, or a shoulder rig from high noon. Soon I will have the choice of carrying a beretta px4 storm SC (9mm), but ive gotta get some range time in with it first.:nhl_checking:

I was gonna carry a 1911 but was told it was a bad idea. if I had to go to court they could see the gun as my intent to do harm as a 1911 has killed more ppl than any other pistol. so now I gotta buy another less intimidating pistol.perhaps a baretta tomcat. or a little .22 wheel gun.

I carry a KEL-TEC P3AT ( 380) with federal 90 grain hydra shock. OWB in a Don Humes J.I.T. holster, with shirt untucked. The only time I tuck my shirt is when I am in uniform then I carry a Glock 22 40 cal. I carry the little gun same location as the Glock, doesn't confuse me that way. That little kel-tec is very light and comfortable to carry.

I can't believe that in all the 190+ posts on this thread, I didn't mention what I currently carry. Anyway, when this thread began in late 2007 I was carrying a 9mm Hi Point in a Fobus paddle holster. Since the day after Memorial Day, however, I've been carrying a Glock 22, IWB during the warmer months, OWB in the colder months.

I was gonna carry a 1911 but was told it was a bad idea. if I had to go to court they could see the gun as my intent to do harm as a 1911 has killed more ppl than any other pistol. so now I gotta buy another less intimidating pistol.perhaps a baretta tomcat. or a little .22 wheel gun.

Carry the 1911. Load it with HydraShocks, Gold Dots, Golden Sabers, Ranger XTs, PowerBalls, or some other equally effective DEFENSIVE round. That way you'll BE there to be accused, and be able to argue that your desire was to defend yourself. With the .22, those accusers will just talk about you during your funeral.

I'ma buy the glaser safety slugs. just bought a S&W model 908 with a .40 barrel. so I'll load it up also. also thinkin about gettin a baby deagle 380 next month as a BUG. was looking at a deagle .45 but it would be like carrying a rock it's so heavy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back