What Do You Carry?

From a Keltec P3AT to a Charter Arms 44sp. Bulldog to a XD 4" 9mm to a Llama govt. model .45acp to a Ruger single action .45LC just depands to the mood of the day.

My Carry

I carry a Kahr TP45 and couldn't be happier. It's nice to know you have seven rounds of Federal +P hollow points at your side. I heard Kahr's were jam-a-matics during break-in but, I haven't experienced one jam even though I shot the bejeepers out of the poor thing. I would highly recommend this as a carry piece. I am using a Don Hume inside the waister that fits my Taurus. Am looking for a rig that is made for the TP45 if anyones knows of one.

I have experienced most of the revolvers and pistols on the market to date. I have also completed 74 hours in 4 different training classes given by NRA certified instructors. My weapon of choice is the Bersa Thunder 380 Nickle, for use in both a CCW and as an on range line weapon. I have been on the line with most of the high dollar weapons on the market to date. The Bersa held it's own in all positions of self defense and combat firing. In the said four classes, I fired from 250 to 300 rounds, 380 ball ammunition, in each class without one malfunction. The shot groups were as equal and , at times, somewhat better than other shooters.

Now, in the conceal carry mode, I have the 380 loaded with goldern saber 102 gr JHP ammunition. I had a special made inside the waist, right rear side, carry holster, which completely conceals the weapon. The holster also has a pocket for an extra clip or magazine to be carried along with the weapon. I have fired this ammunition at a one gallon plastic jug, filled with water, and the rounds penetrated through the jug and lodged in a second jug. which was duck taped to the first jug. I then fired the same round into a single water filled jug with a one quarter inch piece of plywood taped behind the jug. The round went through the jug and on a couple of shots; the round went through the plywood. However, the round lodged in the plywood more times than it penetrated it.

In my opinion, the right ammunition, in any caliber above a 22, would be effective providing it was placed properly into the intended target. The most important issue to shot placement, is practice, practice and practice as much as your finances will allow. Know your weapon and keep yourself in tune with the weapon's characteristics.

What Do You Carry

I carry my Ballester Rigaud (Argentinian ripoff of the 1911) with 7 in the mag and one in the pipe. It is actually lighter than my 380, and is a dream to shoot. A fine piece.

as a larger fellow with big hands (can;t get a comfortable fit with most guns), I carry a Beretta PX4 Storm in 40 S&W, in a bulldog owb (I've clipped into SOB when removing my jacket, when seated). Considering switching over to a XD subcompact with extended magazine (again, in 40) for warmer weather and lighter carry. I love the Beretta but damn it's a heavy piece.

Any other suggestions for a more concealable gun gun with a big honking grip?

If I can jump in with you men...I carry a Glock 19 .9mm when I am out or riding and really like how it feels as well as how it shoots. I have had my concealed weapons permit for about 2 or so months now, maybe longer and carry wherever I go, but don't care for the attention I get when I do open carry. Seems most men HAVE to say that they don't often see a woman carry a "big" gun. Is it really that big? I don't think so. Now my husband, he carries a Glock .10mm, THAT is a big gun....

Good to read and glean information from some of the posts.

If I can jump in with you men...I carry a Glock 19 .9mm when I am out or riding and really like how it feels as well as how it shoots. I have had my concealed weapons permit for about 2 or so months now, maybe longer and carry wherever I go, but don't care for the attention I get when I do open carry. Seems most men HAVE to say that they don't often see a woman carry a "big" gun. Is it really that big? I don't think so. Now my husband, he carries a Glock .10mm, THAT is a big gun....

Good to read and glean information from some of the posts.

Welcome to the site! Nice choice of hardware I might add.. by the way, your husband and I would probably get along great. I have a Glock 20 in 10mm as well. I do not carry it for CC though... instead I opt for the mini Glock 27 in .40S&W. Much easier to conceal... and lighter too. My wife carries the Glock 23 in .40S&W and though recoil was pretty stout for her at first, I remedied this by changing out the OEM plastic guide rod for a stainless steel one. Also, changed out the OEM 17lb. sping to a 20lb er. It makes the slide a little harder to pull back but it helps tame the recoil of the .40 round. Tell your husband to get a tungsten guide rod and 20lb. spring for his G20, it will take the bite out of the recoil of that 10mm round.

I carry a Springfield XD 45 service model. With one extra magazine, its nice to know I've got 26 rounds of HIGHLY reliable bone-crushing .45 JHP force.

:biggrin: Ok I carry any one of the following:
Walther PP/S 380
45 Chief Special 45 cal
IOM 5.7x28
Berrata Tom Cat 32 cal
IMI Baby eagle 9mm
:laugh:Depends on the weather and my dress cod of the day.

Welcome to the site! Nice choice of hardware I might add.. by the way, your husband and I would probably get along great. I have a Glock 20 in 10mm as well. I do not carry it for CC though... instead I opt for the mini Glock 27 in .40S&W. Much easier to conceal... and lighter too. My wife carries the Glock 23 in .40S&W and though recoil was pretty stout for her at first, I remedied this by changing out the OEM plastic guide rod for a stainless steel one. Also, changed out the OEM 17lb. sping to a 20lb er. It makes the slide a little harder to pull back but it helps tame the recoil of the .40 round. Tell your husband to get a tungsten guide rod and 20lb. spring for his G20, it will take the bite out of the recoil of that 10mm round.

Morning Glockster...passed on the info to the husband. He said the recoil doesn't bother him, maybe from all the time in the field in the military shooting the bad guys...he is a hell of a shot and I see why he got a few of the awards that he did while he was serving. :biggrin: I don't find the recoil on my own fire arm bad, but if I did go in and ask about the OEM spring for mine, would it help me as I sometimes tend to drift when I am target practicing and can't figure out why. Doesn't happen often thank goodness.

One thing he has insisted on, is I at least know how to use and shoot his weapon and the rifles in the house so I have. I can't say I like all of them but if it came down to protecting my family while he was gone I can do so.

What do you carry on a daily basis

I'm kind of an old school guy so my daily carry is a S&W Model 36 .38 sp - dependable, accurate, double action. Sometimes during the warm months I carry a Kel Tec P-3AT because I can just slip it in my pants pocket.

As soon as my CCW arrives I will be carrying my M&P 9c in a MTAC holster. I also put my Ruger P94 on my permit but I haven't found a holster I like for it yet. Not sure if I want it OWB or in a shoulder rig.

what do you carry

kel-tec pf9... recent purchase - ran 100 rnds 115 rem target & 20 "defense" thru it w/ no problems... kick's not all that bad... iwb holster...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back