Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

Packet sent December 28th by First Class (regular) snail mail.

Payment Received letter (dated January 13th) arrived here [correction] January 21st. [Postmark was January 15th]

Permit and approval letter (dated March 29th) arrived April 6th.

So there ya go.

92 days from the day they got my money,,Update 62 days from mailbox to mailbox in Texas

Last edited:
Since this has been a couple of months about the length of time if its changed or if anyone thinks it will change now with the new Governor in office

Three weeks total for me and my wife. So easy it was almost scary to think of how many folks are doing it.

why is it scary? folks that want one get fingerprinted, submit ID and go through a background check. the only thing that is scary is how long it has taken in the past.

anyhow....i submitted my application october 9th and just got it in the mail today

Spoke with VSP today and was informed that nonresident concealed carry permits are now taking about 3 months. I thought I would at least let others know if they are curious

From application to receiving permit in the mail it took about four weeks. Not took bad. I dropped off the application and fee in person.

The issue date on mine was exactly a month from the time I filed the application. It however did take seven days for them to actually drop it in the mail (the postmark is seven days after issuance). Might have something to do with the spiffy new Loudoun permits (looks like the old driver's licenses, plastic with the "get your foot off my chest" state seal on it and everything).

I'm at 63 days from my receipt letter. That's 73 days from my mailbox send off. I'm in Texas and didn't think the wait was going to bug me, but I think it's the lack of information during the wait that is annoying. Seems like there would be some sort of status web page.

71 days from payment receipt and still scratching the X marks on the calendar. I sent a polite email asking for an update on the status. Maybe I will get a reply during buisinesses hours tomorrow?

I sent my paperwork out around June 20th and all I got back is the payment receipt. I emailed them today so we'll see what they say.

received a response back today and the lady stated in the email that the permit should be issued within 90 days or less from the time of payment confirmation.

I was under the impression that is the permit isn't issued within 45 days then by law they have to send a temporary permit? I guess they only bring up the law when it's something that's in their favor.

Yeah it was definitely simpler than in Ohio where you have to do a weekend long course, shooting training, etc... I'm glad I found this loophole because it won't be around much if everyone starts doing it.

Yes last I heard Ohio accepts all non resident permits. Virginia's just happened to be most convenient because as you stated they only required an online training course certificate.

It's been 82 days now since my payment receipt. Nobody will talk to me until it reaches 90 days. I guess we'll see what the hold up is then...or it wil come in the next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back