Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

Can't help but feel that with current events they may be stalling for time for Hitle... I mean obama to by-pass congress with his evil plans. We will see in 3 weeks if I get permit. Will post results.

I received a letter in early October 2012 that basically said the cashier's check was received on 05 October. Mine arrived as the only piece of mail yesterday, 16 January.

The way I found out about the VA non-resident permit was by a major news feed. I think that and the current threats of the dictator are what's really backing up the system. It is interesting that I was searching for a thread like this yesterday and received my permit yesterday.

Thanks for the replies

My letter said recieved jan 4.I never got an email from them.. I will post if I get anything from them. I am not holding my breath with
obobo in office again. The crap he is spilling out of his mouth over the last few days is really something, he sounds more like a dictator
Hitler comes to mind...

I got my letter saying recieved and processed payment on November 1st 2012. The letter stated 10-12 weeks wait time. I emailed them a couple days ago and they replied saying it would be 3 months from the date on the letter. Im waiting, and hopefully it will show up soon. I am 8 days shy of 3 months. Im in Amarillo Tx ftw.

I sent in last week of Sept 2012. Received letter that acknowledged payment dated October 10, 2012. Letter said expect 10 to 12 weeks.
Received permit that was dated January 10th on January 25th. Was mailed January 23rd from Richmond VA.
Must be busy in that office

How big is the actual permit ? 2x3 ? If you dont mind answering
Houston Tx

Just a little bigger than a credit card. It is two pieces of paper back to back laminated. Front is permit and back is with your picture on left with DOB, Gender, Height, Weight, hair and eye color on right. The lamination makes it just large enough that it is bigger than a credit card. Issue date is when they made up the card and expiration is 5 years to the day. Total size is 3 5/8" x 2 1/2"

Last edited:
Thank you for the description. I am thinking of how I am going to carry it. most likely around my neck in a nice holder of some kind.

Just an update. End of month has arived no permit still. Emailed last Thursday. Come home Friday check email and no reply. If no email Monday I will call. As it is now I am consdering my refund options. Feeling very disrespected.

I wouldnt consider a refund just yet. I am in the same boat as you. Chances are your permit is ready and just hasnt mailed yet. As with everyone else who posted dates it shows sitting on a desk somewhere for about 9 days before shipping. I have passed the three month mark as well and have been waiting patienly. It does suck and I dont see a need for it to take so long but who knows, maybe they just have a ton of permits to make.

Thanks for your support. As it turns out I got an email yesterday that states "your permit has been issued and is awaiting signature. You should receive it in about a week." So needless to say I am happy. Yes in regards to the 10-12 weeks letter...forget it more like 3-4 months but, you will get it. Thanks for the encouragement and I hope this has helped other people. Peace

Sweet

Thanks for your support. As it turns out I got an email yesterday that states "your permit has been issued and is awaiting signature. You should receive it in about a week." So needless to say I am happy. Yes in regards to the 10-12 weeks letter...forget it more like 3-4 months but, you will get it. Thanks for the encouragement and I hope this has helped other people. Peace

Thats great news. I am still waiting and I have not gotten an email yet but I am trying to be patient.
I hope to get an email as well but who knows lol. Yea, 10-12 weeks.... No way.
I submitted my permit package 1 month after you so it should be soon. Fingers crossed.

Got this

I got this response today in my email:

Your Virginia nonresident permit has been issued and is awaiting
signature. I expect that processing will be completed and it will be
mailed to you sometime this week. No other information is available at
this time.

I trust this information will be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Marie C. Lucas, Supervisor Sr.
Firearms Transaction Center

Cool! Yep that's our girl she on the ball. Think they are getting to the back log these days. Mine came sooner than they said. Hope yours will to.

time

I just received a email from the Virginia State Police Stating:

Processing time is estimated at ten to twelve weeks from the date of your receipt. All applications are subject to review and final decision notification of permit status will follow

Can anyone tell me the time they, by law have to make a decision? :confused:

well can you guy's tell me why It' takes 90 days in south carolina ????

I received my receipt with Date of September 28, 2012. They just mailed mine out on Friday. So if I get it tomorrow, Wednesday Feb 20, that'll be 145 days.

They couldn't tell me why it was taking so long.

Just for everyone wondering and waiting...
10/26/2012...Sent in application
11/06/2012...Received confirmation of payment letter...letter said to expect 10 to 12 week wait.
02/22/2013...Received CHP...Wait time = 105 days
Also, I am in Texas...

I started my Texas app today paid for it and booked my fingerprint appointment 3-8 -13. Hmmmm will see which is faster
I am hoping Virginia come soon and I guess I will have 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back