Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

I live in New York and mailed out my Virginia Non Resident permit and it arrived to them on 12/16/2010

Check cleared my bank 12-22 and got a reciept in the mail stating it was paid on the 16th

My permit says issued 1/07/2011

I received it in the mail today 1/18/2011 the post mark said the 13th

33 days total with 3 holidays in the mix

I sent all the completed paperwork for my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed carry permit. Got a letter on May 26th, 2011 from Virginia saying they were in receipt of my bank check. It is now July 10th, 2011 and still awaiting. Does it take this long for Virginia to issue the Non-Resident Concealed carry permit? Thanks all..Stay safe

I sent all the completed paperwork for my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed carry permit. Got a letter on May 26th, 2011 from Virginia saying they were in receipt of my bank check. It is now July 10th, 2011 and still awaiting. Does it take this long for Virginia to issue the Non-Resident Concealed carry permit? Thanks all..Stay safe

They are only permitted 45 days to decide. If you got the letter on May 26th...May 25 to July 9 is 45 days. Give them a call just to see what is going on.....if you haven't already received it now being July 22

I have been waiting for just under six weeks now. Hoping that is arrives soon. My Florida was right at 30 days. Heck, getting my Maryland didn't even take six weeks!

I just received a email from the Virginia State Police Stating:

Processing time is estimated at ten to twelve weeks from the date of your receipt. All applications are subject to review and final decision notification of permit status will follow

Can anyone tell me the time they, by law have to make a decision? :confused:

I have been trying to to get ahold of the permit dept. for days now to try to find out the status of mine.
The phone just rings and rings, no one ever answers. Anyone ever get through?
804-674-2675

:confused:

finally got ahold of the permit department, they said don't expect anything at all before 12 weeks for a nonres permit at this time. :bad::eek:

No difference mentioned in statute for Resident/non-resident time frames....so they're still only allowed 45 days.

Just got my non res permit today in the mail. :pleasantry:

Sent in 3/7/12

Receit of Payment 3/13/12

Printed 5/15/12

Received 5/21/12

Fireengines and lessthan0, what state are you two located in? I'm in Oklahoma and I'm still waiting on my permit to come in.

Receipt of payment: 09/28/2012

Sent an email yesterday and was told that it would be the end of January before September applications were completed. So, they exceeded the 10-12 weeks stated on the receipt letter.

I think with past events such as Sandy Hook the Commonwealth is being extra diligent and maybe that is why "non resident" permits are taking extra time to process.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I live in tx. Recipt dated 10/22/12. Letter stated 10-12 weeks. its been 3 months no word. emailed on 01/14/13 for status. Will post their reply.

They emailed back next day with "please send full name and d.o.b. info". So I did. Then next day they emailed back "if you do not have permit by end of jan call back and we will check then"

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back