Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

Sent September 18th 2015
Received letter of receipt 9-28-15
Now just the waiting game.

Just curious , what state are you a resident of? Being from Florida I have carried in Va as we have reciprocity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They received my application on 10/15/15 and I got my permit yesterday. A total of 66 days to receive it. I noticed that the permit is pretty big and does not fit in my wallet. How do you guys carry your permit?

They received my application on 10/15/15 and I got my permit yesterday. A total of 66 days to receive it. I noticed that the permit is pretty big and does not fit in my wallet. How do you guys carry your permit?

I have not figured that part out yet. It will not come close to fitting in wallet. It definitely looks like it was homemade.

Virginia's Attorney General Herring (D) has just announced he will no longer permit Reciprocity with out of state CCW permits
Link Removed

Just FYI, shall issue states for non-residents that will still have reciprocity with Virginia are only two states, Utah and Texas. If I were to get an additional CCW so I could conceal carry in Virginia, I wouldn't give my money to Virginia, but would support one of these two states and use the remaining reciprocity of their agreement with that God forsaken administration, but Virginia won't be getting one more thin dime from me to support their gun grabbing cause.

I have not figured that part out yet. It will not come close to fitting in wallet. It definitely looks like it was homemade.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Virginia Non resident who recognizes it now that Virginia has came out today and announced they will no longer accept 25 different states concealed permits. It will be interesting to see if those states that Virginia said they were not strict enough on their process and no long honors them if they say the hell with Virginia and not accept theirs.

Depends on the state. NC for example isn't a "reciprocity" state. They'll accept anybody's concealed permit without regard to whether you honor theirs.

All the VA resident permits are different anyhow. My county actually has a very nice plastic one (sort of looks like what our drivers licenses here used to look like). The LGS in the next county always marvels how nice they are compared to the one that county gives out.

FYI all, Virginia Gov McAuliffe has been forced to reverse this idiotic escapade. There was a bill afoot to recognize all CCW permits that had been 'unrecognized' by AG Herring, McAuliffe planned to veto the bill, but ran up against significant opposition, so much so that there were sufficient votes available to override his veto. He had no choice but to reverse the decision, so all those reciprocity agreements VA planned to cancel will stand as valid.

This is a major embarrassment to the forces of Bloomberg and the gun grab lobby, who have lost and lost big on this one. Kudos to each and every American who screamed foul, and stopped this further infringement on our Second Amendment rights. I, as a North Carolina citizen who has reason to travel to Virginia, personally thank all who had a hand in reversing this. More to go, as we roll back this wave of Unconstitutional activity in our nation.

FYI all, Virginia Gov McAuliffe has been forced to reverse this idiotic escapade. There was a bill afoot to recognize all CCW permits that had been 'unrecognized' by AG Herring, McAuliffe planned to veto the bill, but ran up against significant opposition, so much so that there were sufficient votes available to override his veto. He had no choice but to reverse the decision, so all those reciprocity agreements VA planned to cancel will stand as valid.

Info link here:
Link Removed

I sent my Non Resident in and they received it on 03/09/2016. Been 69 days. I see where some have gotten them within the 45 day mark and others 90 days or more. Seems like they could get them out in a timely manner. I don't see why it takes upwards of 90 days to do a background check and get everything signed off on. I am hoping mine is here within the next 21 days. Looks like I am one of the " LUCKY" ones that will have to wait the whole 90 days. :(

I sent my Non Resident in and they received it on 03/09/2016. Been 69 days. I see where some have gotten them within the 45 day mark and others 90 days or more. Seems like they could get them out in a timely manner. I don't see why it takes upwards of 90 days to do a background check and get everything signed off on. I am hoping mine is here within the next 21 days. Looks like I am one of the " LUCKY" ones that will have to wait the whole 90 days. :(

The people that work at places like those aren't exactly your star employees, they're working there because they couldn't make it anywhere else. I would say they are one step above mentally challenged.

Obama Lama Dumbass and Killary Clinton are doing their best to get rid of the 2nd amendment. We aren't allowed to protect OUR families, but they get free armed guards 24/7.

Update on my Virginia non resident CCW

I contacted the Virginia State Police this past week andND was told my permit was in the final stages and it should be mailed out within the next 10 days. As of today, it has been 105 days since they received my packet. Sure takes them a long goggles time to process a CCW.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back