Time For Some Common Sense Changes in Gun Regulation, Not Control

Whoa, whoa, whoa....

OP, you're saying that all we have to do to prevent an act is... make it a crime? HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLD THE PRESSES, WE JUST FIGUREED OUT HOW TO STOP PEOPLES ACTIONS AND BEHAVIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW HAVE WE NOT FIGURED THIS OUT SOONER?

Wow is it so simple we all missed it......

1. They claim to be a "gun owner", yet (see below) they display uncommon ignorance of elementary firearms knowledge.

2. They use the talking points and buzzwords of the most extreme anti-gunners, such as "common sense gun control" and "assault weapon".

3. They demand repressive measures intended to ensure that future confiscations are more easily facilitated.

4. They reinforce their desire for future confiscation by both demanding "registration" and portraying registration of firearms as the "norm".

5. As noted above, they display pathetic ignorance and or dishonesty. They try to deceive the unwary into believing that ARs are MACHINEGUNS. Alternatively, they use the empty term "assault weapon", which has no fixed meaning and which is used to describe the maximum number of firearms which they wish to ban and confiscate.

6. They pretend that the 2nd Amendment is about hunting, an "idea" so despicably stupid that it's equivalent to saying that the purpose of the 1st Amendment is about karaoke.

7. They call for "compromise", knowing that there's as much chance for "compromise" between gun owners and those who would create an absolute government monopoly on the means of armed force as there was for "compromise" between Anne Frank and Adolf Eichmann.

8. They LIE about the history of registration followed by confiscation, from the Soviet Union, to Nazi Germany, to California and Chicago.

9. They babble inanely about enforcing existing laws, knowing full well that the Obama administration actively SUBVERTED both the Gun Control Act of 1968 AND the International Trade in Arms Regulation (ITAR) to arm hyper-violent Mexican drug gangs in a crass attempt to stir up support for a sham "assault weapon" ban.

What to do about AHSA fifth columnists:
  1. Identify them using 1-9 above. Publicly label them as AHSA fifth columnists.
  2. Don't be fooled into believing they're sincere.
  3. Don't allow them to set the terms of debate. REFUSE to use their deceptive terminology.
  4. Don't allow them to lie without challenge. Beat them viciously with documented fact.
  5. Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
  6. Spread the word.

I have been roaming the cable news channels and have really been scared. These rabid scavengers have laid out the plan. One on the Ed Show, just to name one, stated the talk of gun bans and registration would not work at this time. That the real time to act would be in the elections of 2014. The person on the panel stated the terms common sense and that crap should be interjected into the conversation, that little by little the citizens would come to agree that an AR or semi auto handguns are not needed and to slowly incorporate the change in the laws. Further that with the need to register these assault weapons we could take them out of the hands of folks that should not have them.
We, of this forum, I hope, know that registration is the first step.
This is going to be a slow cancerous program and we dare not cave nor allow the hired help in DC and the states to do so.
No, this has to be our line in the sand.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BETTER POSTS OF ANY FORUM I HAVE READ. THAKS.

This is akin to being nice to the Taliban in hope and change that they might like us. Ain't gonna happen. Remember that at the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the British were marching to seize Link Removed from Militia. The Militia had been playing nice until then, hoping that King George would reason with them.

The press is already whipping up as much hysteria as they can muster.
They will now begin to vilify and make jokes about any pro-gun Senator or House Rep.
Watch and see.

They are now quoting the Twiter verse with Tweets by dumbed down people that know more about sphincter bleaching than the Constitution or Guberment.
Even the press is demanding that Obama do something to prevent this from ever happening again! Like he has the power of God or a King.

Sad really.

I'm not saying to be nice. But when we make arguments in a calm and rational tone, it's much harder for our opponents to argue against. If we sound nasty, the press will somehow spin that to mean we aren't smart enough to own weapons and keep them safe. We need to look at ourselves from the perspective of our opponents occasionally to see how we can better make our case in a way that will overcome their own misinformation.

We need to fight hard AND smart for our rights or we will indeed lose them. If those arguments need to be dumbed down for our adversaries to understand them, then we need to be able to do that too. It's part of fighting smart; know your adversary and play to his weakness, not his strength.

I don't know most of the answers and haven't been an active voice in supporting our 2nd amendment rights in the past. But don't get me wrong: I do support them and my voice will become louder and by reading the posts here, I will become much better informed.

I've mentioned a few times that I went to D.C. on the weekend of 3/22/10, the day that the House of Representatives of The People of the United Sates, abandoned the constitutional duty that the mere name of their formerly austere body implies, and passed ObamaCare against the wishes of more than 60% of The People, many of whom, myself included, were right outside screaming their displeasure and revocation of their permission for government to work in such an anti-liberty manner.

If you look at that link, it's a thread from another forum where I posted my impressions of the weekend, along with many pictures that I took of the hand-made signs that were very clever, and which I thought at the time represented a trend in the thinking of Americans leaning back towards conservatism and liberty-loving and liberty-protecting attitudes that had faded into near-nothingness in recent decades. One of the signs that I don't think I got a picture of, but which made the rounds in the media as an example of the "extremism" prevalent in the Tea Party ranks said simply the following:

"We Came Unarmed.....This Time."

Cute, eh? Clever, huh? But utterly meaningless. Unless gun owners are prepared to invoke the true meaning of the Second Amendment and show up in overwhelming numbers armed to the teeth and willing to die and kill for the preservation of their liberties, their "liberties" are nothing more than permissions granted by seemingly benevolent tyrants who can just as easily revoke those permissions anytime they please. And they will do exactly that. Sooner or later, one way or the other, using Sandy Hook as justification or some other manufactured rationale, permission to exercise the liberties that our Founding Fathers fought, killed and died for in order to ensure as our birthright for perpetuity, this run amok government will revoke the permission that we have all already acceded their authority to impose by adhering to their illegal, immoral and unconstitutional restrictions and requirements just to buy a gun, much less to carry or use it in defense of self, others, or even of community/country. The above-mentioned sign should have read something like this:

"We Acquiesce To Government Authority Over Our God-Given Rights....But We Enjoy Pretending Otherwise With False Bluster."

The 2nd Amendment was dead long before the 1st, 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th Amendments took their last breaths of liberty. If that statement weren't true, then the many blustering gun-owners who showed up on the weekend of 3/22/10 disarmed by a rogue government while carrying clever signs promulgating nothing more than phony, meaningless puffery, would've strapped-up, gutted-up, and shown up armed and ready to defend this dead shell of a once-free country known as the United States of America by now.

[/rant=off]

Blues

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

What's the difference between these rifles...besides the pistol grips(if that worries you) and caliber? All are semi-auto. You pull the trigger and they fire. They're all about the same weight. Four are the same color, "BLACK RIFLES". All can be fitted with scopes or open sites. Silngs are attachable. All can be bought by civilians. The point I'm trying to make is the only important difference to me ARE the the magazines. If you control the sale and possesion of large capacity magazines, that would make them basicly the same. If you ban one of these rifles, why not all semi-autos? Pistol and rifles alike. Some say,"why do you need and ar-15/AR-10 style rifle to hunt". You tell me why not???? I hunt elk with a DPMS light hunter in .338 Federal. I hunt coyotes, varmints javelina and deer with a Stag Arms AR-15, .223. You have to remember that you give these idiots in OUR GOVERNMENT,the power to ban one....they have the power to ban THEM ALL. Just my two cents.... DonL

I've mentioned a few times that I went to D.C. on the weekend of 3/22/10, the day that the House of Representatives of The People of the United Sates, abandoned the constitutional duty that the mere name of their formerly austere body implies, and passed ObamaCare against the wishes of more than 60% of The People, many of whom, myself included, were right outside screaming their displeasure and revocation of their permission for government to work in such an anti-liberty manner.

If you look at that link, it's a thread from another forum where I posted my impressions of the weekend, along with many pictures that I took of the hand-made signs that were very clever, and which I thought at the time represented a trend in the thinking of Americans leaning back towards conservatism and liberty-loving and liberty-protecting attitudes that had faded into near-nothingness in recent decades. One of the signs that I don't think I got a picture of, but which made the rounds in the media as an example of the "extremism" prevalent in the Tea Party ranks said simply the following:

"We Came Unarmed.....This Time."

Cute, eh? Clever, huh? But utterly meaningless. Unless gun owners are prepared to invoke the true meaning of the Second Amendment and show up in overwhelming numbers armed to the teeth and willing to die and kill for the preservation of their liberties, their "liberties" are nothing more than permissions granted by seemingly benevolent tyrants who can just as easily revoke those permissions anytime they please. And they will do exactly that. Sooner or later, one way or the other, using Sandy Hook as justification or some other manufactured rationale, permission to exercise the liberties that our Founding Fathers fought, killed and died for in order to ensure as our birthright for perpetuity, this run amok government will revoke the permission that we have all already acceded their authority to impose by adhering to their illegal, immoral and unconstitutional restrictions and requirements just to buy a gun, much less to carry or use it in defense of self, others, or even of community/country. The above-mentioned sign should have read something like this:

"We Acquiesce To Government Authority Over Our God-Given Rights....But We Enjoy Pretending Otherwise With False Bluster."

The 2nd Amendment was dead long before the 1st, 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th Amendments took their last breaths of liberty. If that statement weren't true, then the many blustering gun-owners who showed up on the weekend of 3/22/10 disarmed by a rogue government while carrying clever signs promulgating nothing more than phony, meaningless puffery, would've strapped-up, gutted-up, and shown up armed and ready to defend this dead shell of a once-free country known as the United States of America by now.

[/rant=off]

Blues

Well said Blues, well said. I, at times fear that we are in fact coming to that point in history where our Liberties must again be fought for, and I don't mean with emails, letters and signs... I believe we are at a critical point in our history where we must decide, as a people, which path we choose to live the rest of our lives... which path we choose for our children. Will we roll over like millions of others throughout history? Will we kneel before our masters? Will our chains lay lightly upon our shoulders? What are we going to do?

I look and listen everyday to the society I'm becoming ever more detached from, it disgusts me mostly. I look around and see an ignorant public, entrenched in their bliss of entertainment and utopian uphoria... acting careless to their Liberties being slowing taken, no, given away. I am at times ashamed to be apart of the generation I am, I can't believe we're as stupid and lazy as we are. What happened? How did we let this happen? Why? The most important time in my life was in a far away land, oft forgotten by the public at home... there I learned the value of human life, I learned what freedom and Liberty truly are, I learned how good we have it here in the States and how quickly your world can be shattered. I have reflected many, many times since my time in Afghan... what are we doing there? Why was I there? What am I fighting for? Who am I fighting for?

My hypocrisy only goes so far, I must seperate from the service... I can't do it anymore. I don't support whole-heartedly what we're doing, who we are, or what we stand for today... I love this country, I always will... but not for what it is today, rather for what it could be again. It aches me to look around and watch our society decay, our level of laziness and ungratefulness. I get upset, knowing that we let it all go... we became what the few gave their lives for 240 years ago, what my Grandfather fought against the Nazis for, my Great Uncle fought against the North Koreans & Chinese for... and again against the NVA and VC in Vietnam, where he ultimately gave his life, or what my Uncle-in-Law spent two tours fighting agianst in South Vietnam... what did my Father spend 21 years serving his nation for, or my Mother 10? Just what the hell did I fight for? What about the men next to me? Those brave men I drapped flags over? What for D A M N I T?!

It's up to us, as a people... what would we rather have? Liberty, freedom and the risks that come with it? Or servitude with a dash of entertainment?

You have to remember that you give these idiots in OUR GOVERNMENT,the power to ban one....they have the power to ban THEM ALL. Just my two cents.... DonL
Judging from the talk by the anti-gunners, in the media and by the AHSA trolls on the internet, they DO want to ban ALL of them, AND semi-automatic PISTOLS as well.

Compromise? A fur seal's as likely to compromise with a polar bear... and with the same result. He's going to bite you in half, but you get to choose which half he swallows first...

Well said Blues, well said. I, at times fear that we are in fact coming to that point in history where our Liberties must again be fought for, and I don't mean with emails, letters and signs... I believe we are at a critical point in our history where we must decide, as a people, which path we choose to live the rest of our lives... which path we choose for our children. Will we role over like millions of others throughout history? Will we kneel before our masters? Will our chains lay lightly upon our shoulders? What are we going to do?
I guess for most it will be as it always has....a matter of survival. Even in our own history, on (or around) July 4th, 1776, 56 men signed what could have very well been their death warrant. They all knew the consequences....Benj Franklin joked, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Enough people chose to fight and to back the fighters that they were successful. But it is pretty likely that the backers were much less than half of the colonists. The rest were sheeple who were quite happy with life under King George III.

I look and listen everyday to the society I'm becoming ever more detached from, it disgusts me mostly. I look around and see an ignorant public, entrenched in their bliss of entertainment and utopian uphoria... acting careless to their Liberties being slowing taken, no, given away. I am at times ashamed to be apart of the generation I am, I can't believe we're as stupid and lazy as we are. What happened? How did we let this happen? Why?
Being a thinker and historian, I tend to look at things generationally. The best I can come up with is that my (your parents') generation failed yours. But how and why?

I really feel that "the greatest generation", which IMO actually is a couple of generations, people born from somewhere in the 1890s to around 1925 or so and probably on into the 30s...the people who survived the "great depression", fought WWII (and Korea), and built an America capable of being a "superpower"....were the last generation to suffer hardship. They created a world that was just too damn easy for my generation....we didn't have a clue how to prepare you guys.

I don't blame them for it....all generations want an easier life for their children. But what the cost? What is the end result of an entire people being able for the most part to skate through life?

The most important time in my life was in a far away land, oft forgotten by the public at home... there I learned the value of human life, I learned what freedom and Liberty truly are, I learned how good we have it here in the States and how quickly your world can be shattered. I have reflected many, many times since my time in Afghan... what are we doing there? Why was I there? What am I fighting for? Who am I fighting for?
First brother, thank you for your service. My son is currently on his fourth tour, his second in Afghanistan. My grandson was among the last to leave Iraq, and in the 82nd Airborne, it is pretty likely he will go to Afghanistan. His younger brother is in the process of making the decision on whether or not to serve, and I suspect that he will.

So I don't thank you lightly....I thank you as a brother vet, and as a comrade-in-arms of my kin.

You join the military to give yourself to the service of your country....without question or qualification. You don't have to agree with the nation's call, you just come when called. And you did....I for one respect the hell out of you for it.

My hypocracy only goes so far, I must seperate from the service... I can't do it anymore. I don't support whole-heartedly what we're doing, who we are, or what we stand for today...
Again, you don't have to agree with the nation's call, you just come when called. There is a group of vets, called Vietnam veterans. They had it stuck in and broken off.

I love this country, I always will... but not for what it is today, rather for what it could be again. It aches me to look around and watch our society decay, our level of laziness and ungratefulness. I get upset, knowing that we let it all go... we became what the few gave their lives for 240 years ago, what my Grandfather fought against the Nazis for, my Great Uncle fought against the North Koreans & Chinese for... and again against the NVA and VC in Vietnam, where he ultimatley gave his life, or what my Uncle-in-Law spent two tours fighting agianst in South Vietnam... what did my Father spend 21 years serving his nation for, or my Mother 10? Just what the hell did I fight for? What about the men next to me? Those brave men I drapped flags over? What for D A M N I T?!

You answered your own question:
I love this country, I always will... but not for what it is today, rather for what it could be again.
If not you....then who? The guy who is on the sidewalk during the veterans' parade? The guy who starts the sentence with "I nearly joined the Army/Navy/Marines/Airforce/Military.....but _________________ (insert lame-a**ed excuse). The guys you graduated with who are out drinking in their pickup on Saturday night, while a million miles away, you are on patrol. (or whatever you do) Who?

It's up to us, as a people... what would we rather have? Liberty, freedom and the risks that come with it? Or servitude with a dash of entertainment?
Those who have served have never been a majority and will never. "First responders" are the same....the guys that rush into a burning building while we are running out....or the guys rushing toward the gunshots while the sheeple run for their lives.

These are the people who make life worth living for the rest. The ones that preserve the liberty for those who enjoy it. Yes, it comes at a cost....C 141s full of flag-draped coffins and rows of white tombstones in national cemeteries, cops and firemen with black felt over their badges, etc.

So keep in mind that it will always be a minority who protects the rights of the majority. Yeah, I know....it just doesn't seem worth it. But what chance do your children and grandchildren have without the brave few in your generation?

As to how and why we have lost our liberties....I think that you have read enough of my posts to know where I stand there. All by design.

How do we get them back? It has taken about 100 years, maybe even 150, to lost them. They will not be easy to regain. But we have to try, somehow, some way. If not, worldwide freedom and liberty is a thing of the past, something that has never existed without America, and will disappear with the disappearance of a free America.

And that group trying to regain those freedoms will be a minority....as always.

I look and listen everyday to the society I'm becoming ever more detached from, it disgusts me mostly. I look around and see an ignorant public, entrenched in their bliss of entertainment and utopian uphoria... acting careless to their Liberties being slowing taken, no, given away. I am at times ashamed to be apart of the generation I am, I can't believe we're as stupid and lazy as we are. What happened? How did we let this happen? Why? Just what the hell did I fight for? What about the men next to me? Those brave men I drapped flags over? What for D A M N I T?!

The notions of “right and wrong” become blurred concepts that are relative to time and culture.
Link Removed

"What gives in the "house of the people"?
Link Removed

I feel it is now time for me to make some explaination as to the original post.
I taught high school for 31 years and from time to time I would play the "devil's advocate" with my student's, that is, make a statement to get some responce. That was my intention here, and it seemed to work! As to how I personally feel about the items in the original post, (1) I do support firearm sales through FFL licensed dealers for this reason. My Dad got a FFL license back in the mid-1980's and wanted me to co-sign with him, which I did. I never purchase any firearms using the FFL, but he bought six pistols for friends of his before he decided to let the FFL expire. He passed away in 1992. In 2001, my Mom called me half-scared to death because there were two FBI agents and a ATF agent out at her house demanding to see the paperwork on the firearms my Dad had purchased using the FFL. When I got to her house, I was rather rudely told by the ATF agent that I was facing criminal charges and prison time unless I could produce the original paperwork on the firearms my Dad had purchased using the FFL. I stated I had no idea where the paperwork was, as I had never bough any firearms using the FFL. He then rather sturnly stated that since my name was also on the FFL that I was also responsible for the firearms purchased and that I had better produce the paperwork. It seems that one of the pistols my Dad had gotten for one of his friends had wound up being used in a robbery several counties from ours where a 19 year-old female clerk was killed. The pistol had changed hands several times, and when it was recovered the serial number was traced back to our FFL. I was finally given two days to find the paperwork, which I stated that the ATF should have had a copy of to begin with. It had apparently been "misplaced". It took me those two days to go through everything in their house before I found the paperwork. It seems that the friend my Dad got the gun for had decided he didn't want it and sold it to a dealer at our local stock yard "flea market". The buyer had aslo sold it, but it would up in a pawn shop, where it was then purchased. That buyer told the ATF that the gun had been stolen from his truck in a break-in. The guy that held up the gas station / food mart had then shot and killed the 19 year-old clerk after she had done everthing that he demanded. He had opened the door to leave, turned, and fired two shots, killing the clerk, as seen on the security tape. From my experience, all I can say is that if you sell a gun, at least keep a personal record for yourself of who it was sold to. The ATF agent got quite upset when I would not turn the original copy over to him, but demanded he make a copy of it in the FBI Office and mark it as a copy of the original, since I was required to keep the original. After a phone call to his Supervisor, he was told that this would be alright and I was given the original back after a copy was made. To say the least, I sweated quite a bit for two days in 2001.
(2) I do not support a ban on assault rifles, or any other firearm. I threw that in the mix to stir things up, and boy, did it work! I am like several other posters in saying that I have enjoyed reading everone's responces and agree that there were good points presented both ways. I repeat, I am not anti-gun, have been a NRA Member for 40 years, and will continue to be. As to the names that were thrown my way, that did not bother me as I expected that to some extent. Oh, I am also not an anti-gun spy either who was trying to gather intel. I laughed so hard over that the I peed my sweat pants, that is easy for me since I had prostrate surgery two years ago, so it don't take much for that to happen anyway anymore. As to my low post number, I enjoy reading the posts made on USA Carry and really haven't made that many posts of my own because most of my interests/concerns have been already addressed on the forum pages. Why be redundant? That plus I am not the most computer-literate user in the universe. When is someone going to develope a resonable priced voice recognition program that understands my Kentucky accent anyway? (It has taken nearly 45 minutes for me to make this post due to having to edit for spelling errors!)
(3) As to making any compromises on gun ownership, I don't go for that either, although it's shaping up that some compromises may have to be made. Our Constitution has been referred to as "a bundle of compromises", and for gun rights to be protected in the US some might have to be proposed and possibly adopted. I hope that it doesn't come down to this, but under the current situation, who knows.
(4) I oppose gun registration to any extent other than the paperwork that is required when purchasing a gun through a FFL holder. The government already knows too d*mn much about me/us as far as I'm concerned. I taught history for 31 years and would always go over the fact that the NAZi government required the registration of all privately-owned guns in pre-WWII Germany, which was the first step toward the confiscation of them from the poeple of Germany when the Nazis took over. I strongly hope that noone will every forget the lesson that that action taught.
(5) I do believe that there should be better enforcement of the current laws/regulations on gun ownership and not necessarily any more gun control laws to be passed to screw things up anymore than they already are. I was totally appaled while following the case in (1) above that the low-life who committed the robbery and murder only got 40 years in the penitentary for his criminal acts. The clerk who was killed in the robbery's father got into about as much trouble by saying that the perp had never get out while he was still alive. But at the rate the justice system in KY is turning violent crime perps out of prison early these days, I expect that there will be more happening in this case before its over.
In closing, (1) I know that there is not one of us here on USA Carry, and all other firearm related sights on the internet, that it not heartbroken and sickened about what has happen in our country over the past several days/weeks/year. I'll be the first to say that if I had all of the answers, which I'll be the first to admit that I don't, then I'd run for President; (2) I hope that all of y'all (it's a KY thang) are becoming as outraged and disgusted as I am over the treatment of this latest tragety by the national news media. These jerks need to realize that they are not reporting the news as much as they are trying to formulate public opinion. The only pro-gun right statement I have seen so far came from Governor Berry of Texas. The news sure doesn't seem too concerned about the opinions of law-abiding gun owners right now, but what eles is new; (3) The news media is going to have to take some of the blame for creating the situation for some deranged people to take these actions with their sensationalized reporting antics. These individuals are usually loners with no friends who are craving attention, no matter what kind of attention it is. I dealt with my fair share of mentally troubled youth as a teacher who continually misbehaved and casued disturbances not only in my classroom, but other teacher's classrooms as well. When I asked several of them over the years why they misbehaved in class, almost all replied "To get some attention". They did not care that the attention that they got was usually of the negative instead of positive kind, it was at least some attention. For these reasons, I believe that we have not seen the last of such mass shootings as we have seen in the past week/monts/year, although I sure hope that we have. I also was involved with two instances where students in one of my classes brought a firearm to school. One brought a pistol to a Friday night football game to get even with some punks who had been bullying him for several years. He decided he had had enough and made the decision to end his problem with a pistol. I was selling tickets at the gate and saw the grip of the gun in his pocket and immediately notified the Principal, who got the Police to handle the problem. He was explelled permanently from the school system and faced charges of bring a firearm illegally onto school property. The second incident occurred when a student got off the bus one morning with a revolver in his jacket pocket. A female teacher and I happened to be on bus duty that morning and she let out the most blood-curdling scream I have ever heard when the revolver fell out of his jacket pocket before he got into the building. The student seemed as surprised as anyone and told the Principal and Police that the jacket was his brother's and that he had no idea the revolver was in the jacket's pocket. Fortunately, the revolver was not loaded. He was suspended for several days but not expelled. He seemed to be a pretty good kid and made it a point to apologize to everyone about the incident after he came back to school.
Finally, I really do appreciate all the responces that were posted. After all, a "forum" is a place for discussion of public matters and concerns which presents an opportunity for open discussion. I harbor no hard feelings towards anyone who made a responce to the post, and I hope that goes for all who made a responce post as well. I also hope that I ddin't cause and heart attacks or strokes by making it either. But I will say that I believe that a very high mountain has now been placed before we gun owners and that there is a very high wall at the top of that mountain now that is going to be near insurmountable unless united action is taken by we, the law-abiding guns owners in the US.

I did not go through 14 pages of replies but am replying based on the initial thread title. The problem with supposedly coming to terms with sensible gun control etal is that you are assuming the gun control advocates, who wield the control to make it happen, are also sensible--in fact they are fanatics--totally and completely. Their aim is not sensible control, their aim is TOTAL control and elimination of firearms in the hands of anyone but the government. Once they have their foot in the door with this so-called "sensible" control, if you think that is the end of it, let me please sell you an airship named the Hindenburg for a cheap price. THEY ARE PROGRESSIVES WHO CANNOT BE TRUSTED. THEY WANT TOTAL CONTROL AND GOVERNMENT CONTROL and nothing about their aim is "sensible". Sensible and total according to their definition are one and the same.

I did not go through 14 pages of replies but am replying based on the initial thread title. The problem with supposedly coming to terms with sensible gun control etal is that you are assuming the gun control advocates, who wield the control to make it happen, are also sensible--in fact they are fanatics--totally and completely.
Even moreso, one must assume that they are HONEST, which they most assuredly are NOT.

BY HIS OWN ADMISSION, Josh Sugerman of the VPC INTENTIONALLY confuses automatic and semi-automatic weapons in order to deceive and frighten the ignorant.

The ONLY people I have EVER seen who were more dishonest than anti-gunners were Holocaust deniers... and not by much.

a cell phone in oe hand, and a semi auto in the other. which one may save your bacon?
Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emmanuel and his drunken, racist, streetlight shooting police superintendent will gladly tell you that it's better for the 911 operator to hear you being murdered than for you to defend yourself...

Side by side for the good of America

Last post I will add to this thread is ARM everyone that can be armed. Meet violence with violence. Fight fire with fire, live by the sword, die by the sword. ALL this speculative caca is just that, speculative. If you train and arm most citizens then the BG's finally understand that they could die. People will intervene and shoot to kill. Joe Citizen could be armed and willing to blow your backside into powder. Until We the People are willing to push an agenda of ARMED is OK and SHOULD be done by most then we will continue to be slaughtered by the insane and criminals that care not for laws.
I read a post suggusting that we legalize drugs to eliminate the illegal drug trade and all that comes with it. :help:
Instead lets just open up gun ownership without legal restrictions. Allowing all to own and possess firearms that are willing to support a legal society. Maybe then we can bring back the nation we once were that was respected around the world, the one countries came to when they needed advice because we were so successful with Democratic Rule. Just my yearning for the good ole days.

Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emmanuel and his drunken, racist, streetlight shooting police superintendent will gladly tell you that it's better for the 911 operator to hear you being murdered than for you to defend yourself...
These are one and the same with the supposed 100,000 petitions the whitehouse received demanding gun control legislation. You know that 100,000 concerned citizens did not send these petitions into the whitehouse independently. It is as if these petitions were "bankrolled" for this kind of event in CT. They are so disgusting I can actually believe they were thrilled to finally have that one big slaughter of children that will move this along.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back