Slight Change of Pace

Ga9mm

I've been reading here the past few days, and there's so much negative stuff. It seems like we can sometimes forget that there's a bright side to life every now and then. I found my bright side not too long ago. My wife and I are going to have a baby. It's a total surprise in every way. We didn't think it was possible. Our daughter graduated high school last week!! Technically, this will be my first. "Our" daughter came from my wife's first marriage, but she's mine anyway. We are both really excited!! I've been reading books on pregnancy and babies for a while, and am getting overwhelmed, but having a great time with all of it. Pray for us - we're gonna need it!!

Be forewarned, my in-laws bought us a camera, so you will probably get sick of baby pictures come December!

Congratulations. I know you and your bride are really excited. Nothing like a baby to fill your heart with joy. We will be looking forward to pictures.

CONGRATULATIONS, Ga!! Good Luck and Best to Mom!

In case you've forgotten, having one so much older, may I remind you of Ektarr's Rule of Kids:

The first 20 years are the toughest...
After that it's just really, really difficult!​

We spend 2 years teaching them to Stand Up and Talk, then 17 years telling them to Sit Down and Shut up.

Congratulations on the blessing. Post equal numbers of gun pictures as baby pics and I doubt anyone will complain.

Yes, That is good news,,, Congratulations...
There are a few of us in here with December B'days, Let us know so we can celebrate that Birthday too...

Thanks to all of you!! It's very much appreciated. I'll keep everybody posted as things progress. We're going to hear the heartbeat this week!

Congrats to you both!! So exciting! I can't wait to see baby pics! And I was born December 16th, so tell the wife to shoot for that date so I can have a birthday buddy!! :laugh:

Children change things.

I have a daughter, she is my connection to what little feminine side I have and sometimes allow myself to experience.

I have a son, he is my connection to the little boy that still lives in me and struggles with the sometimes grumpy & serious guy I see in the mirror.

God has chosen to give you this gift. It may not be today, nor tomorrow that you learn of the reason for this gift, but the purpose will reveal itself to you. You just need to listen for the reason.

Good luck to you, good health to mother and feel free to post baby pictures here. We see enough pictures of guns. Guns on beds, guns on tables, guns in gardens...:sarcastic:

Peace...

Woo-hoo!

Raising kids was an absolute hoot. I raised two sons but my wife says she raised three!

Congratulations to you and the missus, Ga9! What a blessing!

Congratulations to the excited and expectant parents! I gather that the baby is due in December...what an awesome Christmas present! :pleasantry: I, too, look forward to LOTS and LOTS of posted photos of your newborn. We'll have to make him/her an honorary member of USACarry! :yes4:

Thanks so much to all of you!! I can't tell you how much you all mean to me. Marissa - 16December actually is our projected due date! 6SC - That's almost word for word the conversation my wife and I had when we first found out. Last night my wife said she couldn't wait until December. I realized I was just waiting to find out if it's a boy or a girl so I would know what color stock to get on "Baby's first .22.":laugh:

Thanks so much to all of you!! I can't tell you how much you all mean to me. Marissa - 16December actually is our projected due date! 6SC - That's almost word for word the conversation my wife and I had when we first found out. Last night my wife said she couldn't wait until December. I realized I was just waiting to find out if it's a boy or a girl so I would know what color stock to get on "Baby's first .22.":laugh:

When my granddaughter was 1 yr. old I gave her a pink plastic snub-nose for Christmas. My daughter wasn't surprised, she said that she knew I'd do that just so I'd have bragging rights as to who bought my granddaughter her first gun. She was right. :biggrin:

When my granddaughter was 1 yr. old I gave her a pink plastic snub-nose for Christmas. My daughter wasn't surprised, she said that she knew I'd do that just so I'd have bragging rights as to who bought my granddaughter her first gun. She was right. :biggrin:

That's priceless, Ringo. Bet it was a "Kodak Moment", too! :pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back