Show off your painted firearms....

KimberPB

I really like the looks of some of the custom painted guns. I've been kicking around the idea of painting my Savage 10FP with a digital Black/OD/Tan camo scheme. I've used graph paper to create some quick templates to give me an idea of what it would look like. My plan is to transfer those templates to contact paper, stick them to the stock and give it a krylon paint job. I figure with the krylon, if it turns out bad or I don't like it I can strip it fairly easy.

So now it's time for you guys to show off your paint jobs.......

I got the first coat on last night and it's looking good. I'm going to cut out some female stencils and add the tan. Takes a lot of time but I'm happy with how it's turning out.

painted Lady

Link Removed

Nobody made furniture the color I wanted so me and a can of Krylon Fusion Hunting ultra flat from wally world got a little bit carried away! Every thing was disassembled and prepped using a good degreaser to get the mold release agent off the plastic pieces and then wiped down with cheese cloth soaked in paint thinner (mineral Spirits) to open up the pores in the plastic and ensure the degreasing was up to par. This paint is over 6 months old. The gun has been shot repeatedly at the range and is holding up well.

I have to admit that this would be a new pasttime for me. I've never considered, nor discussed with anyone, painting any of my firearms. I do wrap camo tape over my shtogun for turkey hunting, but other than that....

Old dog, new tricks...(Although I think you guys got way more time on your hands than I do!)

paint schemes

ALL OF YOUR PAGE TWOS ARE BELONG TO ME!!

I've been rattle-canning guns for a while trying to decide upon a pattern and color(s).

AR FF tube and mag:
003-Copy.jpg

a paintball gun:
Link Removed

another paintball gun:
Link Removed

ETA: mags:
001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Whiskey and festus looking good. Whiskey I almost did the same pattern as your paintball gun but decided to give the digital a try.

I'll be finishing up the stock tonight and moving on to the barrel, action, and scope. I'll post some pictures once I get the gun finished.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back