Restaurant carry in SC

Again if you are not drinking or only have 1 wine or beer with dinner this should not preclude you from dining in the restaurant of choice. Will some ********* drink and make it a problem for the rest of us? Yes, but if they can not control themselves in the restaurant they probably will have the same issues wherever. I have lost tolerance and patience for all the laws constructed to address a very small minority of offenders at the same time imitating the vast majority's rights. Though that's a discussion for another day and place.

Hey SC from NY: Read the SC law as written. No exclusions for that "one drink". The law is not about the drink, it is about the place, where liquor/drinks are sold. As I said before, if you end up in a perfect storm, you have killed someone with a firearm that you should not have had on you based on where you were coming from. If you can explain that away--good luck. IMO, if there is one reason I like to CC it is at night as I leave a restaurant to go to my car--which I cannot do under SC law.

Again if you are not drinking or only have 1 wine or beer with dinner this should not preclude you from dining in the restaurant of choice. Will some ********* drink and make it a problem for the rest of us? Yes, but if they can not control themselves in the restaurant they probably will have the same issues wherever. I have lost tolerance and patience for all the laws constructed to address a very small minority of offenders at the same time imitating the vast majority's rights. Though that's a discussion for another day and place.

I can't really say it better than Kelcarry but my post, the one you responded to was just a reply from the previous post and not really the thought of the OP. The thread when a little askew when we started discussing the merits of the law rather than the fact there is a law.

KK

Hey kelcarry you need to read slower. At no time did I say that one drink was acceptable under SC law. I was making a point that restricting people not to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol is poor because most people who carry would either not drink or limit themselves to one drink. I am aware of the law and anyone not an Internet lawyer will acknowledge the ambiguity of it as many have including trainers.

Who were those AGs? I, too, think they are wrong but I don't want to be the test case.

Also remember that and AG opinion is just that, his opinion, no better that any other lawyer's opinion and has no actual bearing on a court case. For example there was a case in SC several years ago about passing a stopped school bus where there is a raised concrete median. Not only did the AG and SCDOT agree but it was in the SC Drivers Handbook that you did not have to stop if you were traveling in the other direction and the lanes were separated by a raised concrete median. One highway patrolman had read the law himself and stopped a fellow for doing that. Of course he took it to court and it made the news but in the end the LEO was correct and the AG and SCDOT were wrong. In the next session the legislature corrected the situation. So remember that and AG opinion is just an opinion and carries no weight of law.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back