Random Picture Thread

This picture makes me cry....I think I am too emotional when it comes to coming home soldiers...
Me too....I've witnessed too many of these things, from Operation Just Cause (Panama) and Desert Storm to the past 10 years. My son is supposed to leave on his fourth deployment this fall, his second to Afghanistan. My grandson's unit is supposed to deploy there next summer. I have yet to have both of them out of the country at the same time, definitely not looking forward to it.

Link Removed
Protective barrier built in about 900AD by New Mexico Indians for protection from marauding tribes. I took this for a book on New Mexico Wilderness Areas, which was published in 1985. The barrier was as straight as if it had been layed out using surveying instruments. Above the door, there is a peep hole through which someone could see if anyone was coming. The sentry could stand on a log platform above the door on the protected side.

Link Removed
Protective barrier built in about 900AD by New Mexico Indians for protection from marauding tribes. I took this for a book on New Mexico Wilderness Areas, which was published in 1985. The barrier was as straight as if it had been layed out using surveying instruments. Above the door, there is a peep hole through which someone could see if anyone was coming. The sentry could stand on a log platform above the door on the protected side.

Gorgeous pic, Charlie!

Link Removed

That is absolutely a brilliant photograph...the textures are sharp...it's really a keeper. Love it!

Thank you Localgirl and Tucker's Mom. It was taken with my 4x5 field view camera after backpacking to the area with the book's author.

2012-02-21094746.jpg

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back