Philadelphia Incident

ecocks

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Man shoots talker at movies, police say - CNN.com

Man shoots talker at movies, police say

Story Highlights

• Man threw popcorn at son, then shot father after argument, Philadelphia police say
  • Victim was treated for gunshot wound to left arm, police say
  • James Joseph Cialella was carrying a .380-caliber handgun, police say

Maybe It's the Season?

First the California murders, this guy in Philly, and this morning there are reports from the Detroit Free Press of a 16 year old...

Link Removed

Link Removed
[FONT=arial, helvetica]
[FONT=verdana,arial]December 28, 2008

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Oak Park police officer slain; teenager sought[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
BY DAN CORTEZ
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER
[/FONT][SIZE=+2]Updated at 11:29 a.m.

Several law enforcement agencies have joined Oak Park police in searching for a 16-year-old suspected in the fatal shooting of an Oak Park police officer early this morning.

The suspect, 16-year-old Jonathan Belton, is considered armed and dangerous, Oak Park Lt. Mike Pinkerton told the Free Press. Reports have indicated that Belton might have fled the area in a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee with license plate BEF 5904. He is described as 5-foot-11 and about 180 pounds.

Officer Mason Samborski, 28, a four-year veteran of the department, made a traffic stop around 12:30 a.m. near the intersection of 10 Mile and Greenfield roads. He took Belton to an address at a nearby apartment complex in connection with an investigation. A struggle between Samborski and Belton ensued in a hallway of the apartment complex and the officer was fatally shot, Pinkerton said.

Police are not saying whether Samborski was shot with his own weapon, but the officer’s weapon was reportedly not recovered at the scene by officers who responded to the shooting. Pinkerton said he could not confirm that information. It remains unclear what led Samborski to take Belton to the apartment complex. No other parties are being sought in connection with the incident.

Samborski was married and had one child. Oak Park Mayor Gerald Naftaly said he received word of the shooting around 1:45 a.m. and hasn’t slept since. Several residents have called after they heard about the shooting.

“I was very saddened when I got the call early in the morning,” he said. “(Samborski) was very young. One of our former public safety directors used to say there is no such thing as a routine traffic stop.”

Naftaly added that a sergeant will work with Samborski’s family over the next several weeks.

Samborski is the first Oak Park officer shot and killed in the line of duty since Henry Wolf was shot and killed during a traffic stop May 21,1973. The city has a plaque dedicated to Wolf at the city offices.
Police planned to hold a press conference in the late afternoon to discuss the incident in greater detail. Funeral arrangements are pending.
Anyone with information about Belton’s whereabouts or the shooting is asked to contact Oak Park police at 248-691-7447 or dial 911.
[/FONT] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Please tell me he was not a permit holder.....

I searched as much as I could, but could find no information regarding a permit. Anybody know if he had one? I hope to goodness that he doesn't. I would be happier still if he turns out to be a felon. Do felons watch Brad Pitt movies?:wacko:

If the talking in the movie is that bad you get up, go out and get a manager. Perhaps it is just a bad photo but he did not look all that smart anyway.

First the California murders, this guy in Philly, and this morning there are reports from the Detroit Free Press of a 16 year old...

How come it's always, '"He's a good kid," she said. "He was brought up in the church. This is out of his character."?

Philadelphia incident

Boomboy beat me to it, but the first thing I thught when i saw the headline on Headline News was, "Lord, please don't let him be a licensee. Please make him someone carrying concealed without a permit." Of course, you know the antis never stop to consider this, as they lump everyone with a gun together and tar them with the same brush.

An update on a court appearance.

Link Removed

January 14, 2009
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Teen charged in cop killing to move to county jail[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]By Gina Damron[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Free Press Staff Writer[/FONT]An Oak Park 45-B District Court judge today ordered the Detroit teen charged in the shooting death of Oak Park Officer Mason Samborski moved from a juvenile facility to the Oakland County Jail, saying that the teen's prior record warranted the relocation.
Jonathan Belton, 16, has been charged with first-degree murder and murder of a peace officer in Samborski's death. He'll be back in court Jan. 22 for a preliminary exam.

During Belton's pre-exam conference today, County Assistant Prosecutor Ken Frazee said Belton is believed to have been involved in gang activity and that there are pictures taken of the teen after Samborski was killed, but before Belton turned himself in to police.

Frazee wouldn't comment after the hearing. But Belton's attorney, Wright Blake, said the pictures weren't unusual, just photos of the teen with other young people.

“We don't know when they were taken,” Blake said.

Judge David Gubow ordered that the teen be moved from Oakland County Children's Village to the jail.

Police have said that early on Dec. 28, Samborski, 28, of Howell stopped the teen, who didn't have a driver's license, then took him to the Rue Versailles apartment complex with the intention of turning him over to an adult. According to court documents, Belton has a friend at the complex.

In court, during a brief recess, Belton, his head slightly bowed, looked to be pressing his hands together in prayer, reciting something silently to himself. The teen looked back often to his family.

“Be strong, be strong,” he told family, as they began to cry. He turned again, “Pray. I love you, too.”

Outside of the court, his parents, Jawana and Leonard Belton, made a statement, mentioning that they are lifelong Detroiters and members of the Church of God in Christ.
“The family is asking that there be no prejudgment in this case until all the facts are established,” Jawana Belton said. “I just want you all to know that I love my son and I believe in my son.”

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back