open carry

seeley booth

i went to a pawn shop to look at guns... i ask the guy whose the mgr he said there are three steps
1. the gun empty
2. magazine empty in the glove box
3. ammo in the trunk

a friend told me while fishing said the same thing plus on the group on facebook said i'd get negative responces from anti gun people
not if i don't draw attention to my self

i went to a pawn shop to look at guns... i ask the guy whose the mgr he said there are three steps
1. the gun empty
3. ammo in the trunk

a friend told me while fishing said the same thing plus on the group on facebook said i'd get negative responces from anti gun people

What?

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

if i want to carry open without a license i can but if i put my gun in my car has to be in three seperate locations

1. the gun empty
3. ammo in the trunk

HERE! Go nutz!

(And it's, 'who is' not, 'whose' - OK!) :wink:

Which state are you talking about?

In Ohio, if you do not have CHL and want to open carry, you must separate the firearm and ammunition when inside a vehicle. Having a loaded mag/speed loader is considered having a loaded firearm.

Since the law was changed in 2012 citizens can carry a weapon in a vehicle with a loaded magazine next to the weapon without it be considered loaded under Ohio Law. A very simple search on Bing for "Ohio loaded magazine in car" and everything you need comes up to answer this question. Why does some have to do it for you SealyBooth and besides why in the world would you take anyone's word for their interpretation of the law without researching the sources yourself. you're not a cop so ignorance of the law does not work for you.
~
Concealed handgun license rewrite passes Ohio House | cleveland.com
~
Link Removed
~

Since the law was changed in 2012 citizens can carry a weapon in a vehicle with a loaded magazine next to the weapon without it be considered loaded under Ohio Law.

It's interesting that is not what the new statute says.

Lawriter - ORC - 2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.

(a) "Unloaded" means, with respect to a firearm other than a firearm described in division (K)(6) of this section, that no ammunition is in the firearm in question, no magazine or speed loader containing ammunition is inserted into the firearm in question , and one of the following applies:

(i) There is no ammunition in a magazine or speed loader that is in the vehicle in question and that may be used with the firearm in question.

(ii) Any magazine or speed loader that contains ammunition and that may be used with the firearm in question is stored in a compartment within the vehicle in question that cannot be accessed without leaving the vehicle or is stored in a container that provides complete and separate enclosure.

Further clarification:

http://ohioccw.org/images/OFCC HB495 Overview landscape.pdf

Such a container includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

A package, box, or case with multiple compartments, as long as the
loaded magazine or speed loader and the firearm in question either are in
separate compartments within the package, box, or case, or, if they are in
the same compartment, the magazine or speed loader is contained within
a separate enclosure in that compartment that does not contain the firearm
and that closes using a snap, button, buckle, zipper, hook and loop closing
mechanism, or other fastener that must be opened to access the contents
or the firearm is contained within a separate enclosure of that nature in
that compartment that does not contain the magazine or speed loader

A pocket or other enclosure on the person of the person in question
that closes using a snap, button, buckle, zipper, hook and loop closing
mechanism, or other fastener that must be opened to access the contents.

So where is the allowance that a loaded magazine can be next to the firearm?

Number one, you need to be sure OC is legal in your state, city, county, etc. Number two, remember having a coat or clothing over the gun is considered concealed and illegal in most states without a permit. Number three, it will make a lot of people nervous (Especially the Police) carrying open unless it is generally accepted in your area. Also if you carry open you have to be aware that someone may try to come up behind you and snatch it out of your holster, and use it on you or others close by. Police may blame you for not securing it good enough. Legal concealed carry is the way to go. Concealed means concealed.

Number three, it will make a lot of people nervous (Especially the Police) carrying open unless it is generally accepted in your area. Also if you carry open you have to be aware that someone may try to come up behind you and snatch it out of your holster, and use it on you or others close by. Police may blame you for not securing it good enough. Legal concealed carry is the way to go. Concealed means concealed.

Op, none of this happens more than an extremely rare occurrencev, if ever. To wit, it has also happened to concealed carriers. Don't listen to this rubbish. Open carrying without a permit is the only constitutional way to carry in most states, and it is the way to go.

My weapon is ALWAYS loaded with full mag +1 The safety is off. The long trigger pull and the Safety between my ears will keep me out of harms way, at least it has so far!

Op, none of this happens more than an extremely rare occurrencev, if ever. To wit, it has also happened to concealed carriers. Don't listen to this rubbish. Open carrying without a permit is the only constitutional way to carry in most states, and it is the way to go.

+1, agreed.

To get an better interpretation of this post, be sure to check out the pothead thread.

To get an better interpretation of this post, be sure to check out the pothead thread.

To understand why you should never listen to N R A, look at the dozen, "where's the N R A threads".

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back