open carry

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.*We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. RR

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

That's why MA scores so poorly on gun Rights.

But MA is pretty popular with the Brady Campaign, #6 as a matter of fact.

I've come to the conclusion that it must just be that I'm selfish. I only care about keeping my wife and daughter safe. As long as these "strict" "infringing" gun laws continue to not affect my wife's and my "right" to bear arms then I will never feel as passionate about this topic as you guys. As long as my state issued "permission slip" allows me to buy and posses large capacity firearms and carry my handgun anywhere I want then I don't think these "terrible" "unconstitutional" laws and regulations that have no affect on me what so ever are a "big deal". It's not for my lack of love for firearms. Firearms are a part of my families everyday life. It's my lack of concern for things that don't affect me. I have real world problems that effect my everyday life like paying bills and putting food on the table. The fact that someone else had made poor life decisions and is no longer eligible to receive a LTC "permission slip" to carry a gun is the least of my problems. Until the day a law is passed that restricts me personally from carrying a firearm then I don't see the justification for wasting my time worrying about someone in another state or even my own state's ability to carry a firearm. It's every man for himself in the real world. That's why I carry a gun everyday, I don't need to rely on someone else to protect my family. I don't care about anyone else. Must be my lack of southern hospitality.

That pretty much seems to sum it up with you. As long as you can remain a member of the elite group that the government allows to keep a firearm, you don't give a shat about anyone else or freedom. What you can't see is that the anti-gun crowd is taking away your privilege to carry a gun one "reasonable regulation" at a time.

Not sure how your state works but we vote on laws all the time. State laws. The commity even meets with citizens to hear their input before the bill even goes to the governer. I never said anything about federal law. That wasn't even the topic. It was wether or not state laws and restriction infringed on our right to bear arms. In which case the Supreme Court ruled state laws did not infringe and it was constitutional to enforce such regulations.

I lived in MA. for years and no one ever called to solicit my vote for ANY Bill.... Period.
You are a moron of epic proportions..

Yeah, I can't even remember the last time a rep called to ask me about a proposed bill...
You guys and girls must be extra special for you to get to vote on whether a Bill becomes a law...
State law to boot!

I've come to the conclusion that it must just be that I'm selfish. I only care about keeping my wife and daughter safe. As long as these "strict" "infringing" gun laws continue to not affect my wife's and my "right" to bear arms then I will never feel as passionate about this topic as you guys. As long as my state issued "permission slip" allows me to buy and posses large capacity firearms and carry my handgun anywhere I want then I don't think these "terrible" "unconstitutional" laws and regulations that have no affect on me what so ever are a "big deal". It's not for my lack of love for firearms. Firearms are a part of my families everyday life. It's my lack of concern for things that don't affect me. I have real world problems that effect my everyday life like paying bills and putting food on the table. The fact that someone else had made poor life decisions and is no longer eligible to receive a LTC "permission slip" to carry a gun is the least of my problems. Until the day a law is passed that restricts me personally from carrying a firearm then I don't see the justification for wasting my time worrying about someone in another state or even my own state's ability to carry a firearm. It's every man for himself in the real world. That's why I carry a gun everyday, I don't need to rely on someone else to protect my family. I don't care about anyone else. Must be my lack of southern hospitality.

Link Removed
Link Removed

Well, they say the first step to recovery is identifying your problem. I see you've done that nicely.
You're okay with Massachusetts' firearms laws because you only want the minimal amount of freedom they give you.

Minimal freedom? I can carry my loaded handgun practically anywhere. How much more freedom do I need.? This may be the most stupid question I've asked. But that's why I ask because I'm curious of the answer. I have my right to keep and bear arms. What other freedoms are you referring to?

I lived in MA. for years and no one ever called to solicit my vote for ANY Bill.... Period.
You are a moron of epic proportions..

Yeah, I can't even remember the last time a rep called to ask me about a proposed bill...
You guys and girls must be extra special for you to get to vote on whether a Bill becomes a law...
State law to boot!

Me either I was just copy/pasting sections from a website the described how a bill turned into a law in MA.

I guess whoever said the quote about do things because the are right vs doing things because they're legal hit the nail on the head. I do things because they're legal. I'm not one of those clowns who walks around town with a loaded gun then gives the cop a hard time when he comes to investigate a man with a gun. I guess growing up with my mother on the police dept. and father on the fire dept. respect for authority was a part of life. I consider myself a law abiding citizen. And I'm sure plenty of you will quote this and say that I'm a sheep or some other analogy for someone who lives low profile and obeys the laws. Like I said I don't bother worrying about things that aren't my problem.

I guess whoever said the quote about do things because the are right vs doing things because they're legal hit the nail on the head. I do things because they're legal. I'm not one of those clowns who walks around town with a loaded gun then gives the cop a hard time when he comes to investigate a man with a gun. I guess growing up with my mother on the police dept. and father on the fire dept. respect for authority was a part of life. I consider myself a law abiding citizen. And I'm sure plenty of you will quote this and say that I'm a sheep or some other analogy for someone who lives low profile and obeys the laws. Like I said I don't bother worrying about things that aren't my problem.

You have it all backwards.

Link Removed

You have it all backwards.

That's it. Yea, I guess I'm a slave. I just want to work, pay bills, feed and take care of my daughter. I don't have the luxury of time to protest these things that don't affect me. I have real problems to deal with. I do agree with all of you. Every restriction or law on firearms is in violation of the 2nd amendment. These laws and regulations just don't affect me. (Yet)

But MA is pretty popular with the Brady Campaign, #6 as a matter of fact.

That pretty much seems to sum it up with you. As long as you can remain a member of the elite group that the government allows to keep a firearm, you don't give a shat about anyone else or freedom. What you can't see is that the anti-gun crowd is taking away your privilege to carry a gun one "reasonable regulation" at a time.

Your 100% right. I have my right to keep and bear arms. If someone in another state doesn't, it's not my problem. Navy and Bikenut, you guys had some great arguments today. I could really understand your points of view. Great work. As long as their are people like you 2 arguing for gun rights we'll be all set.

Your 100% right. I have my right to keep and bear arms. If someone in another state doesn't, it's not my problem. Navy and Bikenut, you guys had some great arguments today. I could really understand your points of view. Great work. As long as their are people like you 2 arguing for gun rights we'll be all set.

It's just too bad that we have to fight not only the anti-gun groups, but we also have to fight against apathy like yours. Don't kid yourself, I in no way consider you an ally.

I don't have the luxury of time to protest these things that don't affect me. I have real problems to deal with. (Yet)

It's not that I can and you can't. It's that I will and you won't.

Minimal freedom? I can carry my loaded handgun practically anywhere. How much more freedom do I need.? This may be the most stupid question I've asked. But that's why I ask because I'm curious of the answer. I have my right to keep and bear arms. What other freedoms are you referring to?
Well, lemme see....
  • [*]You're in a 'may issue' state. If you move to another town and the local chief of police doesn't know you or doesn't like you !Poof! there goes your LTC.
    [*]You have to have the state's permission to purchase either a handgun or long gun
    [*]You have to record the transfer of any firearm with the Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPSS)
    [*]You only have limited state preemption of any local county or municipality's laws
    [*]You have a two point "banned features" system is what defines an "assault weapon" based solely upon Link Removed
    [*]You can't carry a loaded long arm in your car
    [*]You can't carry a handgun when picking up or dropping off someone at the airport, not even in the parking lot.​

Yup, Mass is just a little bastion of freedom, ain't it?

It's just too bad that we have to fight not only the anti-gun groups, but we also have to fight against apathy like yours. Don't kid yourself, I in no way consider you an ally.

Navy, you are 100% correct. At least MHas has show lip services to seeing another side of things as opposed to others who frequent the boards. In time, maybe the apathy will change and he may cross over from the dark side. There may be hope with this one as opposed to most others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back