Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47

Status
Not open for further replies.
This brings the whole thing into perspective

Just testing but this is the original gun that kwikrnu posted as the one he carried in the park. He painted the rest of the gun after the incident.
Link Removed

The picture says it all..."I'm willing to deceive the police into believing this is a toy. I am not above board in my intent. I would rather have an airsoft than a real weapon. His choice of weapon was legal. What he did to it to alter it's appearance to mimic a toy is in some states illegal. Hiding the fact before he got the gonads to post on this board really says a lot about the OP. Making the good members of this forum believe he painted the whole gun orange before going for a stroll is just as deceptive.

The OP is not to be trusted. He has deceived the members of this board. He has deceived the police (or at least tried with the airsoft disguise). He has caused a great amount of controversy with antics in the media, on the forums he was kicked off of and here in his forum. He is not above board in what he says or posts. I feel sorry for anyone who comes into contact with this guy and believes his line of BS.

Guys like this are the reason we may lose the upcoming supreme court case. He might even be an anti-gunner just trying to make us all look bad. Of course the founding fathers knew that we'd have to take the bad with the good for the sake of liberty.

How long do you think the general public will allow gun freedom if they're permitted to wallow in these stupid beliefs?
So now we're the thought police - determined to make the other "stupid" part of society see things our way?

You are treading on very thin ice there bud, lemme tell ya. You just gave away the subconscious belief so many zealots of all makes and creeds hold that those who do not think like you do must be wrong in their belief or ideas and should be forced to change.

Sound familiar? Like maybe something you might hear in a little Muslim terrorist training camp somewhere in Yemen, maybe?

Hmmmm...

So now we're the thought police - determined to make the other "stupid" part of society see things our way?

You are treading on very thin ice there bud, lemme tell ya. You just gave away the subconscious belief so many zealots of all makes and creeds hold that those who do not think like you do must be wrong in their belief or ideas and should be forced to change.

Sound familiar? Like maybe something you might hear in a little Muslim terrorist training camp somewhere in Yemen, maybe?

Hmmmm...

Uhmmm Cocked and Locked, I think you just showed the exact same thing about yourself that you are accusing him of....... Although it is possible I misread what you are trying to say here.

Last edited:
Of course you were right and you got your Romanian Pistol back. But you had to spend 2 1/2 hours proving your point. Sounds to me like a bit of a grandstand play. You know as well as I do that if you start walking on a public trail with an AK47 Pistol you'r probably going to get stopped. I have several of those look-alike pistols and I take them to my gun club and have a blast. You sir seem to have no common sense and wasted the time of several LEOS who were trying to look out for the communities they served.So you made your point. Aren't you proud of yourself?:yu:

On the other hand, the rangers and cops showed ignorance and contempt for the law and the gentleman was willing to contribute his time and knowledge to educate them. He did a public service and should be lauded for it not disparaged.

Uhmmm Cocked and Locked, I think you just showed the exact same thing about yourself that you are accusing him of....... Although it is possible I misread what you are trying to say here.
Whatever. I wasn't "trying" to say anything. I said exactly what I meant.

Maybe you have a reading comprehension problem as well?

The picture says it all..."I'm willing to deceive the police into believing this is a toy. I am not above board in my intent. I would rather have an airsoft than a real weapon. His choice of weapon was legal. What he did to it to alter it's appearance to mimic a toy is in some states illegal. Hiding the fact before he got the gonads to post on this board really says a lot about the OP. Making the good members of this forum believe he painted the whole gun orange before going for a stroll is just as deceptive.

The OP is not to be trusted. He has deceived the members of this board. He has deceived the police (or at least tried with the airsoft disguise). He has caused a great amount of controversy with antics in the media, on the forums he was kicked off of and here in his forum. He is not above board in what he says or posts. I feel sorry for anyone who comes into contact with this guy and believes his line of BS.

If he painted the end of the gun orange he deserves to be arrested and lose his gun. The "orange" tip is a system to try to keep fools from shooting kids and game players. This is tantamount to hiding among the civilians that terrorists do.

Whatever. I wasn't "trying" to say anything. I said exactly what I meant.

Maybe you have a reading comprehension problem as well?

Actually, I was giving you the chance to redeem yourself, to see if maybe you typed something wrong or left something out.

Now I see that you are in fact, calling the kettle black. (guilty of EXACTLY what you were accusing him of)

Maybe you are the one that needs to learn some more about reading comprehension. I also suggest you read the entire post through ( the original one you quoted him from) and see if maybe you missed something there too.

So the whack job idiot who carrys an AK in a public park is offering chances for redemption now?

Hallelujah! Jezzzus, I may yet be saved! :sarcastic:

Now you have proven, without a doubt, that you have no reading comprehension. That is another example of YOU doing the EXACT SAME THING that you are accusing someone else of......... maybe you need to go back to school?

OK... Slowly now..... look at the letters and sound them out......... My name on here is.....
Axeanda45...... thats it.......... A....x....e.....a...n..d....a...4...5 Good boy!!!!!!!!!!

Now, Let's look at who the OP is (OK, I see that I need to explain this too, man you are slow) That means Original Poster....................

His name is kwikrnu, lets sound that out and look at those letters, OK?
k....., no, not as in cat, k as in Kentucky, ok, let's continue...... w...i...k....r...n...u......
Wow, you did it........ See, that wasn't so hard, was it...........

Now do you understand? that you confused one person for another? Good, Don't let it happen again or you will have to stay inside during playtime and work on your reading some more. :sarcastic:

OK, sarcasm is off. You really do need to go back and re-read what the man wrote in the entire original post you quoted from.... and read it through 3 or 4 times, then see if what he posted was what you originally thought he did. I think you did the same thing as what someone else on this thread has done and taken something out of context and tried to make it say something it does not. That is the chance to redeem yourself I was talking about, to go back and MAKE SURE that you are correct in your assessment of what he said and possibly edit or delete your post.

Last edited:
The immaturity is strong with this thread. You guys need to knock it off.

While carrying an AK pistol is legal under TN law, they should have arrested and charged him for painting the tip orange. I think this assclown was jonesing for a confrontation, as he was looking for body armor too.

The immaturity is strong with this thread. You guys need to knock it off.

While carrying an AK pistol is legal under TN law, they should have arrested and charged him for painting the tip orange. I think this assclown was jonesing for a confrontation, as he was looking for body armor too.

OK, here we go again............ You state correctly that carrying an AK pistol is legal under TN law, then, turn right around and say he needs to be arrested for painting the tip of it orange, WHICH IS ALSO LEGAL in TN!!!!!!!

Looks to me that you are the immature one here (calling people names) and think that just because you dont like something, that no-one else is allowed to do it without threat of arrest.

Where is the post on this thread where he was looking for body armor? I musta missed that part, please show me where it is.

OK, here we go again............ You state correctly that carrying an AK pistol is legal under TN law, then, turn right around and say he needs to be arrested for painting the tip of it orange, WHICH IS ALSO LEGAL in TN!!!!!!!

Looks to me that you are the immature one here (calling people names) and think that just because you dont like something, that no-one else is allowed to do it without threat of arrest.

Where is the post on this thread where he was looking for body armor? I musta missed that part, please show me where it is.

You can google his name and find all sorts of stuff. This tool has been on virtually every gun board of relevance on the internet and is almost universally banned.

To your question:
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

He also has a quick detach suppressor for his Link Removed.

"The man identified by police as Leonard Embody, 37, already has caused a stir by donning military garb and going for a walk with his weapon at Radnor Lake State..."

I've also taken the liberty of banning Mr. Embody. He is attention whoring at best, trying to get into an armed confrontation with police at worst.

Last edited:
None of your examples show he was "looking" for body armor, as your other post stated. "Looking" for something implies wanting to acquire it. Thank you for the time you took to answer my question though.

None of your examples show he was "looking" for body armor, as your other post stated. Thank you for the time you took to answer my question though.

I cannot find the original post because some of the other boards have removed the threads.

You are also sort of incorrect about orange tips:

No person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm (“device”) covered by this part as set forth in §1150.1 of this part unless such device contains, or has affixed to it, one of the markings set forth in §1150.3 of this part, or unless this prohibition has been waived by §1150.4 of this part.

The following markings are approved by the Secretary of Commerce:

(a) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the federal standard color number, solid plug permanently affixed to the muzzle end of the barrel as an integral part of the entire device and recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register in accordance with U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Copies of Federal Standard 595a may be obtained from the Office of Engineering and Technical Management, Chemical Technology Division, Paints Branch, General Services Administration, Washington, DC 20406. Copies may be inspected at the office of the Associate Director for Industry and Standards, National Institute for Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland, or at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202–741–6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.

(b) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the Federal Standard color number, marking permanently affixed to the exterior surface of the barrel, covering the circumference of the barrel from the muzzle end for a depth of at least 6 millimeters. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director for the Federal Register in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Copies of Federal Standard 595a may be obtained from the Office of Engineering and Technical Management, Chemical Technology Division, Paints Branch, General Services Administration, Washington, DC 20406. Copies may be inspected at the office of the Associate Director for Industry and Standards, National Institute for Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland, or at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202–741–6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.

Link Removed

While it is not illegal to mark a gun orange, it is illegal to import a toy gun without it. I don't want any of my family members killed playing airsoft because cops everywhere stop assuming the orange tip means anything.

I stand corrected, he should not have been arrested for it though.

Last edited:
If I was an anti-gunning Brady Buncher I would start planting some gun idiots out there doing stupid stuff to fan the flames of fear. Just like this guy and AZ dude. Rarely do you see the 'good' aspects of gun ownership because the shootings and balloon boyish stunts make far better media fodder.

If I was an anti-gunning Brady Buncher I would start planting some gun idiots out there doing stupid stuff to fan the flames of fear. Just like this guy and AZ dude. Rarely do you see the 'good' aspects of gun ownership because the shootings and balloon boyish stunts make far better media fodder.

You're saying that running around a park in military fatigues, with an orange tip painted AK and 75rd drum mag full of AP ammo is a boyish stunt? Say it isn't so!

Here's another key part. AP ammo is a VERY poor choice for self defense. Hollow points are what you want to avoid overpenetration. The fact this guy is carrying AP (steel core chinese?) ammo immediately says that he does not care about any bystanders in a potential confrontation and, more to the point, who he anticipates confrontation with is someone wearing body armor (which still is silly because FMJ 7.62x39 would piece up to level III+ I believe and I doubt any cops hardly wear level IV).

Last edited:
"No person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm"

That right there proves he did NOTHING illegal.

Did he manufacture the weapon? NO (painting something that belongs to you does NOT make you the manufacturer)

Has he sold one that he painted orange (enter into commerce) NO, not that anyone knows of anyway.....

Did he ship or otherwise transport it for the purpose of selling it? NO

Did he receive it, for the purpose of re-selling it, from someone else who painted it? NO

If it was illegal, why wasn't he arrested for it? The cops had him for at least 2.5 hrs didn't they? Weren't they trying in that time to find something, ANYTHING to pin on him?

"No person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm"

That right there proves he did NOTHING illegal.

Did he manufacture the weapon? NO (painting something that belongs to you does NOT make you the manufacturer)

Has he sold one that he painted orange (enter into commerce) NO, not that anyone knows of anyway.....

Did he ship or otherwise transport it for the purpose of selling it? NO

Did he receive it, for the purpose of re-selling it, from someone else who painted it? NO

If it was illegal, why wasn't he arrested for it? The cops had him for at least 2.5 hrs didn't they? Weren't they trying in that time to find something, ANYTHING to pin on him?

Tell me, if he was interested in self defense, why would he carry steel core rifle ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back