OCer assists store clerk

Unfettered Might

Μολών λαβ&
A friend of mine who started OC instead of CC, discovered one useful effect with an OCed firearm, when someone needed someone else who had a gun, they knew who to ask.

A female clerk had spotted a shoplifter in her store who was just absolutely stuffing their pockets, she apparently confronted the man before he exited through the door not having had time to phone police yet. My friend walked in about the same time the shoplifter was becoming uneasy with the clerk, she spotted his firearm and asked him if he would keep an eye on the shoplifter while she phoned police. (he doesn't look like a cop)

Now he knows the laws regarding self defense and deadly use of force and he never pulled his firearm or intended to unless justified, he can fight just fine. He just told the guy, "Stand there and we won't have any problems." Needless to say the guy complied, the police showed up and arrested the BG and the clerk thanked my friend for showing up at the right time and helping.

Now he wouldn't have drawn on the guy, but the guy didn't know that so he didn't even consider fighting. My friend would have been happy to comply on just those terms but because he had a gun the BG decided to act CIVILLY, imagine that....

Excellent example of how OC is a good thing. I'm sure there are many other stories like it where a BG decides to attempt their evil deeds elsewhere because they see a citizen OC.

gf

I can almost guarantee that "IF" your friend would have been CC'ing and the BG didn't know he was armed, THIS situation would have went down a LOT differently.

I can almost guarantee that "IF" your friend would have been CC'ing and the BG didn't know he was armed, THIS situation would have went down a LOT differently.

Oh I completely agree, the guy probably would have tried him which could have ensued a struggle, which could have led to worse.

It's a perfect example of the deterrent factor.

I'm liking the idea of OC more and more as time goes by. Have OC'ed only minimally since around here, we're wearing jackets/coats most of the year. Am going to do more of it in the warm season this year. Gonna have some fun educating the sheep, if nothing else.

Just adding the rest:

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back